The online racing simulator
iRacing
(13603 posts, closed, started )
Quote from PMD9409 :Anyone else having fun reading about the speed the tires having so long into the race?

At NHMS, in a 100 lap race, Kevin King did not pit once and ran his fastest lap on lap 91. Now at Richmond its 130 laps and someone went the whole way to win and got fastest lap at the beginning of his final run.

Seems like the tire wear is not decreasing grip, instead it is just the heat of the tires. Anyone else see this as very similar to LFS tire characteristics?

I do think with the NTM that tyre, wear doesn't work. It's all about temperature and that's it currently. I see it more like you have the tyre engine but almost no content to fill it yet... but it's coming slowly! The rudiments of temperature are there but wear certainly isn't there yet.
The lower weight with fuel consumption and the driver getting used to the track can explain the faster times.
I personnaly prefer this ntm even if it is harder to catch the slides.
don;t forget they said the NTM on the 2011 class B was an early "work in progress" release, i wouldn't be surprised if dave makes the tyres wear faster after he's studies the feedback
Also note that they are not initially releasing the C6R with the NTM anymore. Instead the Skippy has taken its place.
I'm very happy with that.
Quote from PMD9409 :Also note that they are not initially releasing the C6R with the NTM anymore. Instead the Skippy has taken its place.

This week has been a bit of a cluster**** in the world of iRacing
Quote from PMD9409 :Also note that they are not initially releasing the C6R with the NTM anymore. Instead the Skippy has taken its place.

Anybody would be so kind to post the full announcement and/or the build notes?

Edit: announcement found at racedepartment.com

Quote :I updated you guys last Wednesday about the cars we are targeting for release this week and I wanted to give you more current information.

I said that we had the Vette on our target list but we have decided to focus on the Skip Barber car instead of the Vette as it is looking to be further along in development. Don't worry about the Prototype and GT series having a car with the old tire model in it, there will be no issues with that.

So as of right now we are looking to release:

Impala A
Impala B
Silverado
Ford GT
HPD ARX-01C
Skip Barber Formula 2000

We have an awesome teaser video for the LMP2, Ford GT and Suzuka going up this afternoon so stay tuned to our iRacing youtube channel. Terrific work by Christian Braun! And yes, we do realize that the opening frame says the content is available now but we did this because it will be in a few days making it more relevant instead of "soon"....

Steve

PS. Who said it was impossible they were gonna have new and old TM in the same series?

More from Steve:

Quote :We have the new tire model on all of the cars at this point and some are already very good but some need more tuning. We expected that the Vette was going to be good to go but we are not happy with the balance and suspect that their is something deeper that is off in the aero or chassis and don't have time to find it for a release this week.

Honestly, release notes have not even been worked on yet and will come out probably the evening before or day of the build. Everyone is flat out right now and many worked through the weekend to get this build done this week. We are probably looking at Wednesday or Thursday for the build at this point.

Steve

Quote from The Moose :This week has been a bit of a cluster**** in the world of iRacing

yeah... totally..... It's as if the marketing department has jumped the production line a little too much
Week 13 - how about we do a Legends at a (free) road course sometime during the week, for LFSers/other sensible people?
Why not - sounds good!
Quote from boothy :Week 13 - how about we do a Legends at a (free) road course sometime during the week, for LFSers/other sensible people?

I'm always up for some Legends road racing
Im in for a Legends road race i want everyone to not finish last xD Its my spot :P
Date: Thursday 28th July
Time: 7 UTC, 8 BST for practice start, 8 UTC, 9 BST for qualifying start
Format: 1 hour practice, 2 lap lone qualifying, ~20 minute race - rolling start
Car: Legends Ford '34 Coupe
Track: Okayama short, 40 slots
Password: soontime2
Setups: Open, Marius' setup should work
Quote from boothy :Well, I'm thinking:

Track: TBA - either Okayama short, Summit full or Laguna Seca
Password: Will be posted here and in iRacing Western European forum

Hopefully the new build won't come out just before this happens and everyone jumps off to try the NTM

If you want me to post in the German public VirtualRacing e.V. Community PN me the Password - maybe we can get some Germans from there.
I can host somethingtoday evening if you want! Just give me some ideas
Quote from boothy :Well, I'm thinking:

Track: TBA - either Okayama short, Summit full or Laguna Seca
Password: Will be posted here and in iRacing Western European forum

Hopefully the new build won't come out just before this happens and everyone jumps off to try the NTM

Sounds cool, might join. My vote goes to Summit
Okayama!
You won't get no Americans with 7UTC, that would be 12-3 am for us.
Quote from mutt107 :You won't get no Americans with 7UTC, that would be 12-3 am for us.

No it would be 12-3pm surely?
Whatever we can fit the most cars on we should do.
It's 7pm BST right now, so is it 12am where you are?
This thread is closed

iRacing
(13603 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG