The online racing simulator
iRacing
(13603 posts, closed, started )
Quote from count.bazley :To any Englanders bemoaning the fact that the MX-5 is only running at Lime Rock and Laguna Seca: our weekly Wednesday evening club championship will be running a full schedule of races for the MX-5 this season including a few double-headers on multiple circuit configurations and a finale at Spa for Week 12.

..and it's going to be a riot if last night is anything to go by

Nice battling with you
Quote from count.bazley :To any Englanders bemoaning the fact that the MX-5 is only running at Lime Rock and Laguna Seca: our weekly Wednesday evening club championship will be running a full schedule of races for the MX-5 this season including a few double-headers on multiple circuit configurations and a finale at Spa for Week 12.

Passwords will be in Club England forum.

Excellent! I'll be there. Is there a schedule somewhere?
Quote from The Moose :..and it's going to be a riot if last night is anything to go by

Nice battling with you

Yeah Stu last night was epic, must have been a good 4 or 5 of us all battling for 4th at one point.
I've always wondered - how are the series points calculated? As in, what stipulates who comes 1st, 2nd..etc at the end of a season?
For the official iRacing series?

In the very simplest terms:

Best 8 of 12 weeks count.

For each week the average score of your top 50% races is your points total.

The points earned in each race are Strength of Field (average iRating of entire field) divided by 16.
Quote from count.bazley :For the official iRacing series?

In the very simplest terms:

Best 8 of 12 weeks count.

For each week the average score of your top 50% races is your points total.

The points earned in each race are Strength of Field (average iRating of entire field) divided by 16.

So its not strictly "Whoever races the most - wins" ?
No, infact it's more often the opposite from my experience. Of course with some series having upto 148 races a week - not counting the individual splits within each race - it is impossible to create a perfectly fair points system.
Quote from count.bazley :No, infact it's more often the opposite from my experience.

Yup, the system as it is doesn't really encourage racing at all. I will only do 2 races in a series per week maximum as I can nearly always score good points in one of them, after that your score is just going to go down most likely.

The series are a complete lottery anyway. If you don't get in the highest SOF of the week you're at a huge disadvantage.

The only series in the sim that's entirely down to who is the fastest/best driver is the DWC as they only have 1 race per round like a proper league.
Indycar is now class B... is it worth buying? I'm now B class racer and I need your tips on next shopping list... Corvette, Lotus or Indy?
I'd stick with the Corvette or Lotus personally.
Vette is good, but Lotus can be a beach, compared with easy-to-go Dallara.
Just had my first iRacing race

At the very start of the race some guy spun on the straight to T1, I braked abit too hard I think and spun, ended up last and managed to work back to 2nd

http://members.iracing.com/mem ... =2648935&custid=54765

What laptimes are people getting at Limerock in the mazda roadster?

My best is 59.804, optimal is 59.3xx although I cant push any more haha
Had a bit of a nightmare in my first FW31 race at Road America. Didn't have a race setup so was running a qualifying setup with race fuel. Didn't like running heavy on that setup at all! Handled terribly compared to what I was used to in practice so just couldn't get the power down like I thought I could and got way out of shape. Caught it just about but got hit by someone behind and trashed the car. Exciting to race in though!

Lost .4 SR for it aswell! :o
I wanted to murder some ****er last night. LRP with Miata.. I got a great run heading into the uphill corner (T4).. I had nearly completely passed him before the braking zone to get rammed into.. Took me out from 3rd to 9th. I did ultimately make that pass stick on him a few laps later.. just to prove a point.

Then my front tyres were just so cooked, I had loads of understeer.
Quote from TexasLTU :Indycar is now class B... is it worth buying? I'm now B class racer and I need your tips on next shopping list... Corvette, Lotus or Indy?

Personally, I hate how the lotus handles. Way too sensitive for my liking. Vette or Indy, both are great. I would choose the Indy though.
lotus is a real marmite car, you either love it or hate it, as toki says it's very sensative but if you can get used to it then it's probably still the most fun single seater in iracing
Quote from TexasLTU :Indycar is now class B... is it worth buying? I'm now B class racer and I need your tips on next shopping list... Corvette, Lotus or Indy?

If you go for the COrvette, you might want to get the radical too so you can race in the Mixed Class... lots of good fun

#4 would take out #2 the next lap since he's an ovaler
Quote from lukelfs :Just had my first iRacing race

At the very start of the race some guy spun on the straight to T1, I braked abit too hard I think and spun, ended up last and managed to work back to 2nd

http://members.iracing.com/mem ... =2648935&custid=54765

What laptimes are people getting at Limerock in the mazda roadster?

My best is 59.804, optimal is 59.3xx although I cant push any more haha

cup version mid 59's, roadster ver. low 59's with optimal in a 58.
Quote from StableX :If you go for the COrvette, you might want to get the radical too so you can race in the Mixed Class... lots of good fun

But how are you so damn fast in that corvette Andy, round sebring the radical is like a bloody rabbit; leaping over the chunks of concrete track.
Quote from adamlfs :But how are you so damn fast in that corvette Andy, round sebring the radical is like a bloody rabbit; leaping over the chunks of concrete track.

The Radical is fine at Sebring. The only slightly nervous moments are T1 and the exit of the final turn and a half decent setup will make those two turns far less of a brown trouser moment.

(The Corvette is pretty awesome round there as well )

I love Sebring...it sorts the men from the boys.
Yeah there is no doubt that its a brilliant track and the only other game/sim i've driven it in was Forza and iRacing's version is a massive step up.

I've watched ya crazy WR lap there moose and like you said it's always T1 and the final turn that catch me out. I just can't react to the car when it's gonna jump and slide.

Just a final question from me :P What rotation would you said is the best? im using 720. And a force setting of about 12-16 in game.
Started an MX5 race yesterday with high hopes, my race pace is below the 1s mark, which was a lot faster than everyone's qualifying times, so I was in with a good shot of a good result. On the second lap I'd passed about 3 cars easily, flying along towards the front pack - and my game + computer totally freeze up going down the straight side by side with another car.

CRAP.
site down again, has been for an hour or so
This thread is closed

iRacing
(13603 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG