The online racing simulator
iRacing
(13603 posts, closed, started )
Quote from HuntTheShunt :Hi Sosna,
I am very interested that you say the FFB is good as there is a long thread on iRacing about problems getting any feel out of a G25. I have found that turning the sound OFF gives a true indication how good the FFB setup is
How have you done it?
Is the logitech profiler active
What are the settings in the windows Game Controller
Lastly the setting in the iRacing sim for the Solstice

Thanks.

you using the wingman drivers?
Quote from ATC Quicksilver :
EDIT: Just finished 2nd with 0 incidents 8 seconds behind a Class C driver, but I nearly spun at one point and dropped to 5th. Big suprise afterwards, because my safety rating went up from 3.99 to 4.47!

Your not confusing safety rating with iRating? They are completely seperate. iRating shows your performance/speed skills, safety rating is to show your car control.
You get promoted to faster cars with a good safety rating and a minimum of participation, the iRating doesnt affect your license / class level

You could have 20 incidents in one race and still win iRatings, iRating and safety rating dont affect each other.
finaly got to do a race and a time trial today, first time in a couple of weeks, time trial was a bit crap but settled into a nice rythem at the end.

had a bit of bad prep for race as was chatting in the prerace room with a couple of drivers ( can't remember who but one was from conedodgers ) when the door bell rang and the dog went ballistic. someone after the wrong house but only just got back to pc with a couple of mins to spare before the warm up. promptly half span on first warm up lap and picked up a couple of points and then in the race managed to screw up in the first 2 laps and collect a few more points. from then on was clean but started to get connection problems so didn't push and made sure i got well out of the way for the first two cars when they lapped me, then with 5 laps to go i got a bloody disconnect which summed up a perfect day ( not ) amazingly my safty rating did improve (slightly) but i didn't achieve as much as i wished and despite planning to have all today free it now looks like i will be lucky to get another 2 races in before i go away on tuesday morning due to the ex having problems.
Quote from George Kuyumji :Your not confusing safety rating with iRating? They are completely seperate. iRating shows your performance/speed skills, safety rating is to show your car control.
You get promoted to faster cars with a good safety rating and a minimum of participation, the iRating doesnt affect your license / class level

You could have 20 incidents in one race and still win iRatings, iRating and safety rating dont affect each other.

I know the difference, which is why I was suprised to get such a massive SR increase in only one race. But then I realised I finished 2nd to the guy who is leading the series championship, and it was the strongest field I have raced in.
Quote from ATC Quicksilver :I know the difference, which is why I was suprised to get such a massive SR increase in only one race. But then I realised I finished 2nd to the guy who is leading the series championship, and it was the strongest field I have raced in.

The big SR increase is because the system gives you a boost when you go over a whole number like 3 or 4. It's to prevent you from going from, say 3.98 to 4.01 and then going into the Mazdas and spinning out twice and being back at 3.9x, thus being unable to race the Mazdas again.
I think it gives you 0.4 or so.
Crommi - Any chance of you showing us your hotlapping skills with a video of you doing a nice lap around Summit Point? Have found your previous ones very useful and I could do with another half a second.

Summit Point in the Skippy is great fun. The best track for the Skippy so far this season I think.
Quote from HuntTheShunt :wingman drivers? Ok got it that is what the W means on the logitech profiler
I am using logitech driver ver 5.02.116 and the logitech profiler though some say turn off the logitech profiler and the system then uses Game Controller settings with the 5.02.116 driver anyway.

But nothing works for me and many others, that is why I asked how he had got it working.

Have you got good FFB if so what are your settings
Game controller.
iRacing.
any other settings that are relevent.

I got an invite last night and decided to give it a shot.

Impressed with what I've seen so far. I quoted this post because I was going to comment on how much better I find the FFB is in iRacing. In the Formula Mazda I had some wrist ache after only a few laps of Laguna.
I've got it set exactly the same as I have for LFS
Feedback - 95%
Centering on - all values 0%

Not sure if anything else would make a difference, but this is on Vista64 so whether that makes a difference for iRacing IDK.

Having done a few laps in the Mazda I turned the feedback down to 10 in game (until I've been to the gym a few times ).
@HuntTheShunt,the peculiar with my G25 and the drivers (the latest ones) is that it always worked for me fine.Never had a probled (touch wood) even though many recommended to shut down Logitech profiler.I ve done all changes in all games so far with it without windows game controller and everything worked.

Because my G25 isnt on i ll tell you a bit later (in about 10 hours from now when i ll put the wheel on!) of my exact settings.

does anyone have a problem with the iRacing forum or is it just me?It says

''Error 500: org.apache.struts.taglib.TagUtils''

edit:after Xaotik corrections
Quote from sosna :(hit wood)

Παρέμβαση για αναφορά στην ιδιωματική διαφορά πολιτισμών: οι αγγλόφωνοι, ως συνετοί και σεβαζόμενοι τις ιδιότητες των ξύλινων κατασκευών (και πιθανώς επειδή δεν είναι πολύ γερές στα μέρη τους - βλ. τον Παρθενώνα μας που αν και μαρμάρινος αντέχει ακόμα [αναγκαία πατριωτική τσόντα]) λένε "touch wood" ή "knock on wood" - το τελευταίο βέβαια προσδίδει την ένοια του χτυπήματος αλλά όχι με το εύρος και τη γενικότητα του "hit".

Ευχαριστούμε,

Γενική Γραμματεία Διεθνών Ιδιωματισμών
Quote from xaotik :Παρέμβαση για αναφορά στην ιδιωματική διαφορά πολιτισμών: οι αγγλόφωνοι, ως συνετοί και σεβαζόμενοι τις ιδιότητες των ξύλινων κατασκευών (και πιθανώς επειδή δεν είναι πολύ γερές στα μέρη τους - βλ. τον Παρθενώνα μας που αν και μαρμάρινος αντέχει ακόμα [αναγκαία πατριωτική τσόντα]) λένε "touch wood" ή "knock on wood" - το τελευταίο βέβαια προσδίδει την ένοια του χτυπήματος αλλά όχι με το εύρος και τη γενικότητα του "hit".

Ευχαριστούμε,

Γενική Γραμματεία Διεθνών Ιδιωματισμών

ok boss point taken!αν κ το σεβαζόμενοι είναι κάπως!

Γενική Γραμματεία Απανταχού Ημιαγγλομαθών!
Quote from Nick A :Crommi - Any chance of you showing us your hotlapping skills with a video of you doing a nice lap around Summit Point? Have found your previous ones very useful and I could do with another half a second.

Summit Point in the Skippy is great fun. The best track for the Skippy so far this season I think.

Been bit lazy but I'll upload one tonight. I was struggling a little with this track and most people are in 1:22-23 range anyways.
It's also bit tricky to record a fast & clean lap since you really have to throw it around in few corners, hard to get "perfect lap".

Edit: Rendering video at the moment.
Edit: Done, look couple messages ahead.
So, after asking here (and receiving) for an invite, I got the direct invite from iRacing in my email this morning.

So, anyone else who wants to jump in before the big day, first one to PM me gets it...

And it's worth every penny, to me at least.

Alot of people complain about not being able to race what they want when they want... and well, I like that. It keeps people in their class. It keeps racing a little tighter.

No to mention, it gives the game an overall "goal" that LFS lacks. Aside from specific servers, there is very little in the way of an overall goal to strive for. Having to go well and work your way (through consitently safe driving) up to better classes is an awesome thing... though it can be a little be frustrating.

That solstice drives like a dump truck, but if you can get good in it, then the other stuff is even better...so it's a great learning tool. And the ledgends cars... those are just rediculously fun to drive.
-
(RMachucaA) DELETED by RMachucaA
Quote from HuntTheShunt :Hi Sosna,
I am very interested that you say the FFB is good as there is a long thread on iRacing about problems getting any feel out of a G25. I have found that turning the sound OFF gives a true indication how good the FFB setup is
How have you done it?
Is the logitech profiler active
What are the settings in the windows Game Controller
Lastly the setting in the iRacing sim for the Solstice

Thanks.

So my settings in the Logitech profiler are:

-101% overall strength
-all the rest at 0 and box unchecked(centrering spring)
-total degrees 900.

Hope this helps!

Nasos
Here we go, Skip Barber at Summit Point Raceway (1:21.9xx)

Because it's sort of "example lap", I kept it tidy and didn't push to the limit, being ~0,3 sec slower than my PB. Steering, throttle, brake and gear indicators are included.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wkkaSBZc0n0

Edit: Usually takes a while before HQ version comes up.
Guys a question plz:do you have center spring box cheched or not.Cause with it unchecked i managed a 1.49.6 and when i check it i was able to manage a 1.49.1 within few laps.Driving was easier.
Great stuff, Samuli! Loving that overlay with throttle and gear indicator. And inspired by that vid (and the fact that I finally had some time tonight), I did around 30 more practice laps and got down to a 1:22.4 and can now run consistent high 22s. At least in practice. I would probably have to take it down a notch in a race, because I'm constantly dropping two wheels into the gravel at the outside of T3 (that gravel trap is just too forgiving, you can just drive through it and only lose a little time). Low 23s and an occasional 22 should be possible in an official session. Now I only have to actually find some time to race.

After driving some laps in the rookie Solstice at Lime Rock, the gear ratios are very badly suited to that track. I'm on the limiter in 3rd through turns 5 and 6. The final turn is the only turn which works with 4th though.
Quote from DaveWS :After driving some laps in the rookie Solstice at Lime Rock, the gear ratios are very badly suited to that track. I'm on the limiter in 3rd through turns 5 and 6. The final turn is the only turn which works with 4th though.

I'm in 3rd gear for the first part and from the uphill right hander im in 4th all the way till the end of the track. What kind of laptimes do you get? Maybe you can save some time by doing it the same way as me cuz I was doing the same as you but was way off pace. Now I get 1:04.4s with my method.
Well my PB is 01:03.345, and I normally get close to this in races. I might try using 4th from the uphill right hander though. I did try it briefly and the engine seemed to bog down too much, but I'll give it another go tomorrow.
Errr ok. 3.345... wow....
Getting annoyed by the replay length not covering the first few laps, because I passed 4 cars on lap 1 and then took 2nd place on lap 2, then the lead 2 laps later when the leader spun. I won from 7th with 0 incidents, despite the backmarkers blocking which meant I found overtaking spots I didn't think existed on Lime Rock!

Oh and I thought I would take a print screen of my position in the championship standings while it lasts...
Attached images
Championship Standings.jpg
Are you James Bryant?

edit: posted before I checked your stats there. was just going off your race description, which sounded an awful lot like the race I was just in.
Quote from titanLS :Are you James Bryant?

Well yes, thats why that name is highlighted. I've been focusing on 0 incident races recently and it has made me shoot up the championship standings quite quickly.
And your ahead of AJ, a guy that gets paid to drive. Good job!
Quote from th84 :And your ahead of AJ, a guy that gets paid to drive. Good job!

I need a sticker made up for my gamepad now, "Faster than a Nascar Driver".
This thread is closed

iRacing
(13603 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG