The online racing simulator
iRacing
(13603 posts, closed, started )
Perfect iRacing Rage Summary
Quote from tinvek :perfect timing, mine lapsed on monday, would have renewed but i'm in middle of changing cards and am waiting for new one, i'd have been gutted if i'd renewed and then they'd made the offer, as it is it's perfect

Indeed saving $25 is much better than the $5 you'd have got for the year of unbroken subscription.

Quote from AstroBoy :Here’s a quick reminder of what’s coming in iRacing 2.0 next month:
  • The new tire model - providing the most realistic online driving experience ever

• New driving aids available to help get you up to speed faster
  • Tournament racing for leagues
  • Suzuka Circuit and Iowa Speedway
  • Ford GT and HPD ARX-01C racecars
  • Live timing and scoring on trackside objects at many tracks
  • Live web chat

• Much, much more!

And here's what they announced back in April:
  • New Tire Model for all cars.
  • Enhanced aero model for improved drafting and more realistic downforce characteristics.
  • Heat/Tournament racing for private leagues/sessions.
  • Driver aids available for private leagues and Rookie series (ABS brakes, traction control, driving line, steering aids, etc.).
  • Enhancements of new sound system.
  • Endurance racing and driver swaps.
  • Suzuka Circuit (Japan).
  • Iowa Speedway (USA).
  • Ford GT race car
  • Honda LMP ARX-01C race car
  • Live pop-up chat on member site.
A couple of differences... :shaun: (and the cars might not even be ready for 2.0)
If I find out tomorrow that I'm getting hired full time here (fingers crossed!) I might just go and get myself the year subscription and give this thing a go again... So many tasty bits about it... Like Mosport, and Zolder, and VIR...
Zolder
Boothy, it didnt seem funny at first, but then that smiley somehow cracked me up.

Zolder isn't in iRacing Maggot. Maybe you got mixed up with Zandvoort?
Quote from jrd.racer :Boothy, it didnt seem funny at first, but then that smiley somehow cracked me up.

Zolder isn't in iRacing Maggot. Maybe you got mixed up with Zandvoort?

Zolder is apparently coming to iRacing...much like unicorns with laser beams for eyes....maybe?
have to agree... I don't get why VIR is so disliked - cracking track!
Quote from AstroBoy :
  • New driving aids available to help get you up to speed faster
"

Wait for it....the realism brigade will stamp their feet and demand iR remove it because 'real cars dont have such thingz!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1111111111111111111oneoneoneoneoneeleventyonemillion'.

(I'm seriously thinking about renewing and getting into the road side of things, but I'd need to either get a decent controller or drag my wheel out of storage)
Quote from jrd.racer :Zolder isn't in iRacing Maggot. Maybe you got mixed up with Zandvoort?

It's on its way according to the site. I forgot about Zandvoort, though, that's another reason to get in... There some some really cracking circuits in iR.
It has been announced like Oulton Park. Compare it with Rockingham and LFS, that should explain it best.
Quote from AstroBoy :
Save $25 when you renew your iRacing membership for 1-year before July 31st. This is our best renewal price of the year so now is your chance to extend your membership in anticipation of the full iRacing 2.0 release scheduled for this August.

Just a reminder that this is actually a lie. IT IS NOT THE BEST RENEWAL PRICE OF THE YEAR. iR already gave us $30 off renewal price earlier this year. Bunch of idiots don't know their arse from their elbow. iRacing maybe on the verge of something big but jeez they're full oshit.
Wasn't that $30 iRacing credits for each year you renewed, which means you still have to spend the full amount to get the 'discount'. This looks like a pure $25 discount to me.
Quote from baSh0r :http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uLMoRK1B7jw&hd=1

Hotlap on Road America for the upcoming Premier Series

I don't know what is more amazing. How fast your hands are to downshift that fast, or how fast your right foot is to blip exactly the same each time. Very entertaining to watch.

Quote from count.bazley :Wasn't that $30 iRacing credits for each year you renewed, which means you still have to spend the full amount to get the 'discount'. This looks like a pure $25 discount to me.

Correct. Some could argue though that the $70 went to subscription, while the other $30 goes to content. This is how I look at it, but I try to get everyone of these deals whenever I can. Paying full price is over-rated.
Quote from PMD9409 :I don't know what is more amazing. How fast your hands are to downshift that fast, or how fast your right foot is to blip exactly the same each time. Very entertaining to watch.

Quote from PMD9409 :I don't know what is more amazing. How fast your hands are to downshift that fast, or how fast your right foot is to blip exactly the same each time. Very entertaining to watch.

The car autoblips for christ sake.

Edit: Oh for ****s sake, what is wrong with people? Here's a replay for you guys to analyse: http://localhostr.com/files/GA ... lara_RdAmerica_145809.rpy

Still think something fishy is going on??
Quote from DaveWS :Still think something fishy is going on??

Yes, please tell about how you are faster than me. Must be hacks somehow
Quote from boothy :Indeed saving $25 is much better than the $5 you'd have got for the year of unbroken subscription.

And here's what they announced back in April:
  • New Tire Model for all cars.
  • Enhanced aero model for improved drafting and more realistic downforce characteristics.
  • Heat/Tournament racing for private leagues/sessions.
  • Driver aids available for private leagues and Rookie series (ABS brakes, traction control, driving line, steering aids, etc.).
  • Enhancements of new sound system.
  • Endurance racing and driver swaps.
  • Suzuka Circuit (Japan).
  • Iowa Speedway (USA).
  • Ford GT race car
  • Honda LMP ARX-01C race car
  • Live pop-up chat on member site.
A couple of differences... :shaun: (and the cars might not even be ready for 2.0)

Could you link me to that announcement please, Boofey?
Quote from DaveWS :The car autoblips for christ sake.

Edit: Oh for ****s sake, what is wrong with people? Here's a replay for you guys to analyse: http://localhostr.com/files/GA ... lara_RdAmerica_145809.rpy

Still think something fishy is going on??

You know I'm just having a poke from reading all the iR forum comments. The speed of the shifting doesn't bother me, as I nearly match it, its just the consistency of it. Even when shifting down when not going in a straight line like on the final corner.

BTW, keep up the discussion with netcode and F1 random blowups. That crap needs to get fixed ASAP.
Quote from count.bazley :Wasn't that $30 iRacing credits for each year you renewed, which means you still have to spend the full amount to get the 'discount'. This looks like a pure $25 discount to me.

Indeed. But lets face it, Ant doesn't let facts get in the way of him having a good rant about iRacing.
Quote from Wilko868 :Could you link me to that announcement please, Boofey?

Press room, iRacing 2.0 announcement near the bottom, link to inRacingnews.
Excerpt from: iRacing 2.0 release timeline
Quote from Steve Myers :We will likely have half a dozen or so cars done for the 13th week (mix of both road and oval cars) with the new tire model and will plan on breaking from our traditional stance of not releasing physics changes during an active season and roll out cars with the new tire model as they are done.

NB: 13th week starts = ~25th Jul 2011
well i am silly the offer is for "best renewal price" aka your account has to be active xD FFFFFFFFFFFFFFfffffffffffffffffffffuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu!!!!

Oh well lets see if i put it off another week until week 13 starts....just for a bit of consistency
This thread is closed

iRacing
(13603 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG