The online racing simulator
iRacing
(13603 posts, closed, started )
Well, if it doesn't run on your computer, why should it matter if they piss you off or not, seeing you won't be a customer for long.
-
(RMachucaA) DELETED by RMachucaA
You guys have NO concept of business practise.

dawesdust_12 I am a PAYING customer, and without PAYING customers you wouldn't have any simulations to play 24/7!

iRacing is promising to be the best of the best of the best. I entered into a 1 month contract with them, and so far it has failed on all counts. I only have a month, and if I am not given the service promised VERY soon, I will take appropriate action. And if it is fixed how can I be sure this won't happen again?

iRacing is UNIQUE in how it sells itself, and that FACT means they CAN NOT slip up in anyway. And if they do they need to make sure they compensate every customer.

It's simple business.

Hopefully I will be compenstaed for my lost time, and that iRacing act promptly. If they do they will get my FULL endorsement. but until then, and because of the way they charge for their sim I can not give them the benefit of the doubt.
I think they need to have an IQ test before registration, to prevent idiots from registering.
No Dustin or they wouldn't have let me in Intrepid I have been with the service since July and have had no issues, apart from my lack of talent but that's another matter, so I can only speak for myself. The support has responded promptly to anything I have asked them. I hope you get sorted soon.
Quote from AlienT. :No Dustin or they wouldn't have let me in Intrepid I have been with the service since July and have had no issues, apart from my lack of talent but that's another matter, so I can only speak for myself. The support has responded promptly to anything I have asked them. I hope you get sorted soon.

I am just surprised that something that advertises itself to be the crème de la crème has such major flaws. At least two other new subscribers have had the same problem so this is not an isolated issue.

Well as long as I am compensated accordingly for the lost time I will be satisfied... that's if it gets fixed
OK so I go to game, buy the latest PC game or whatever for £30 and it doesn't work, but because I opened it tough luck getting my money back. Its expected that at least one game you buy might not work on a particular pc (several in my case).

So you have just downloaded a game for £10 as a month's trial (that you would get many more hours out of compared to most modern games) and haven't even exhausted any troubleshooting options and you are claiming its some kind of extraordinary bad business practice?!

Since when do software companies have the time or recources to test their games on the thousands of hardware configs out there? Complain to Microsoft if anything, definitely not iRacings problem in the slightest.
Quote from Intrepid :You guys have NO concept of business practise.

dawesdust_12 I am a PAYING customer, and without PAYING customers you wouldn't have any simulations to play 24/7!

iRacing is promising to be the best of the best of the best. I entered into a 1 month contract with them, and so far it has failed on all counts. I only have a month, and if I am not given the service promised VERY soon, I will take appropriate action. And if it is fixed how can I be sure this won't happen again?

iRacing is UNIQUE in how it sells itself, and that FACT means they CAN NOT slip up in anyway. And if they do they need to make sure they compensate every customer.

It's simple business.

Hopefully I will be compenstaed for my lost time, and that iRacing act promptly. If they do they will get my FULL endorsement. but until then, and because of the way they charge for their sim I can not give them the benefit of the doubt.

you seem incredibly impatient to me.....

Quote from Intrepid :I am just surprised that something that advertises itself to be the crème de la crème has such major flaws. At least two other new subscribers have had the same problem so this is not an isolated issue.

Well as long as I am compensated accordingly for the lost time I will be satisfied... that's if it gets fixed

JUst go with the flow and be patient.... it'll get sorted like it has for the vast amount of people that have it. I've had issues with it on occasion but got it fixed but just because it wasn't fixed within the same day, I didn't get too worked up. It will get fixed I hope and you can get out on the track soon! I'm not sure what you mean by major flaws.......
just bought the truck and daytona. anyone made a road-racing set for this car yet?
Quote from Gabkicks :just bought the truck and daytona. anyone made a road-racing set for this car yet?

No idea... Would really like to know if a road set is even possible
Quote from RossUK :

Since when do software companies have the time or recources to test their games on the thousands of hardware configs out there? Complain to Microsoft if anything, definitely not iRacings problem in the slightest.

It appears several other new subscribers are having the SAME issue, and one that needs to be urgently sorted.

iRacing is not provided with a FREE demo for people to see if the actual game is bug free. Unfortunately you have to pay for the privilege to find out for yourself. Plenty of other simulation/normal games come with free demo's.

If this was not a subscription based simulation I would be far more patient, as I am with NetKar/Lfs etc.... and any other game. But the fact every minute this game doesn't work my money is being wasted is why I am pushing this issue. I only have a month, and may potentially invest in iRacing in the future. I will be happy as long as I am compensated for this loss.

Quote from RossUK :
OK so I go to game, buy the latest PC game or whatever for £30 and it doesn't work, but because I opened it tough luck getting my money back. Its expected that at least one game you buy might not work on a particular pc (several in my case).

As I said above most games come with free demo's nowadays so this is usually avoided. BUT if a game is faulty, your are entitled to a refund!

But as long as the issue is sorted, and I am compensated I will be happy!
STOP COMPLAINING NO ONE CARES ANYMORE

other sims don't have a 20 million $ overhead before even starting to sell anything

I'll give my 1 piece of advice, uninstall and reinstall. Stop the service and restart it manually if reinstalling doesn't work.

If both of those don't work, stop complaining and forget about a refund...I highly doubt it'll happen.

Also, expect longer response time from support seeing as you picked the BUSIEST day ever to try to join.
yeah, it's pretty simple. If you have a problem, send a respectful message to iracing and they'll respond pretty quickly or search the forums and ask respectfully for assistance with your problem.
Quote from spanks :STOP COMPLAINING NO ONE CARES ANYMORE

other sims don't have a 20 million $ overhead before even starting to sell anything

I'll give my 1 piece of advice, uninstall and reinstall. Stop the service and restart it manually if reinstalling doesn't work.

If both of those don't work, stop complaining and forget about a refund...I highly doubt it'll happen.

Also, expect longer response time from support seeing as you picked the BUSIEST day ever to try to join.

I would also recomend looking at you're firewall incase it's blocking iRacing launching. I know this was the problem with me when I first tried it. Solved by random clicking
:feedtroll

Just relax, you've picked one of the busiest times in iRacing history to join up and now you have a rare problem and seem to believe that your $20 makes the iRacing team your personal slaves for every second of the full month duration. I've seen that coming from first-timers in WoW -- you'll get over it soon. They are the best of the best currently, and so is their customer service and response time in an average situation. That doesn't mean that they have one helpdesk employee/slave for every subscriber, who is whipped if he doesn't offer 10 viable solutions to a problem within 1 minute of receiving your complaint.

Just mail them in a grown-up manner (without tapping your watch and counting the pennies you've lost) and spend the time reading up on your problem and/or the iRacing system and how it works. That way you'll make up for some of your precious lost time and maybe not look like a person who has whipped out $20 just to try and find some flaws in a service to troll people with.
Intrepid, if you think that your impatient ranting will dissuade people from purchasing iracing, you are completely wrong. I don't have iracing but I'm considering it. The way you have expressed your complaints has told me far more about you than the product.
And I will not suscribe to IRental (I chose where I spend what I earn, and I do not appreciate how this project and company are advertising / marketing what looks like an excellent product) as long as there is a suitable alternative around.

On the other hand I enjoy reading this thread and seing how LFSrs make their way through IRental, so there is no need for that rant to be any longer. Thank you Intrepid, you made it clear !
Quote from durbster :Intrepid, if you think that your impatient ranting will dissuade people from purchasing iracing, you are completely wrong. I don't have iracing but I'm considering it. The way you have expressed your complaints has told me far more about you than the product.

and now for something completely different.................................

============================
love the bridge attempts... very funny indeed!

http://www.durbster.co.uk/content/bridge/bridge27.shtml
Id' just like to say, that I did my updates and was playing ALL last night with no issues. What a fantastic service that I paid for! It did exactly what they promised it would do, because I followed the instructions perfectly, and I was racing again within half an hour. In fact, I'm so happy with my service, I think I might pay my sub twice this month
Just an update. It appears a few more peole who signed up yesterday and today have had exactly the same issue.

I have had no reply from the iRacing support team as of yet (which may be fair enough if they are in bed)

Time ticking......

I don't quite understand the blind faith in iRacing on an LFS forum!?
Quote from Intrepid :I don't quite understand the blind faith in iRacing on an LFS forum!?

Because from their experience it's actually really rather good, and they've had no problems, nor heard of many. We're not all fanboys here.
Quote from Intrepid :I don't quite understand the blind faith in iRacing on an LFS forum!?

My god you talk some dribble....

It's not "blind faith", hundreds, neigh, thousands of people have this sim up and running, you are in the small minority that are having problems.

Infact a number of "higher" profile LFS players have happily "defected" to iR because it offers, what they deem to be, a better sim.

I would "defect", if I could justify the cost, I was on the Beta, and it really is very good, and it must be better now after the updates.
Quote from danowat :My god you talk some dribble....

It's not "blind faith", hundreds, neigh, thousands of people have this sim up and running, you are in the small minority that are having problems.

Infact a number of "higher" profile LFS players have happily "defected" to iR because it offers, what they deem to be, a better sim.

I would "defect", if I could justify the cost, I was on the Beta, and it really is very good, and it must be better now after the updates.

It's noticeably better than the first month....... iRacing when used in conjunction with LFS provides a great compliment to each other. YOu get the fun aspect of LFS and pickup and a true enjoyment for a game then you get the SIM racing of iRacing. Perfect
I hate to admit but there is a hint of truth about intrepid being all fussed up about his problems and them costing him time and money with the way iracing subscription (or subscriptions in general) work. If you can gather enough safety rating (3.0 or above) plus other requirements before saturday evening you will level up to D lisence. If that was one of intrepid's goals for getting iracing then I'd understand his "anger" although why leave it to last minute where all these tech errors can nullify your goal...

It can be a question of either advancing to D or spending the next 12 weeks as rookie. Essentially it just limits what cars and tracks you can race but being rookie is really just a tag that follows you, not true indicator of skill of any sort imho.

---
I also found this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fEiYfwrxPs0&fmt=18
Quote from Hyperactive : If you can gather enough safety rating (3.0 or above) plus other requirements before saturday evening you will level up to D lisence.

If I have my SR above 3.0 on oval, but my Road SR is below 3.0 (I almost strictly run the ovals) will I move up to D? Or do I need to get my Road SR up as well? If so, what else do I need to do to get moved up from rookie?
This thread is closed

iRacing
(13603 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG