The online racing simulator
iRacing
(13603 posts, closed, started )
Quote from spanks :you can't weigh a wing and know how much downforce it has :P

You know the point i was making
Quote from th84 :Thanks for the answer. So I guess I have 2 days to get this done.

Thanks again!

It's 4 TTs OR 2 races in Rookie class, not the other way around. From a D license onwards it's 4 TTs OR 4 races. And combinations like 2 TTs and 2 races won't work.

(Just thought I should clear this up, just in case).
Quote from Linsen :It's 4 TTs OR 2 races in Rookie class, not the other way around. From a D license onwards it's 4 TTs OR 4 races. And combinations like 2 TTs and 2 races won't work.

(Just thought I should clear this up, just in case).

So basically all I need to do is complete 4 tt's (or a couple of races) in a road car and get my SR above 3.0 (right now it is just below 3)? Correct me if Im wrong, but speed doesnt matter, right? I just need to avoid incidents, correct?

Sounds good, I should be able to do that tonight.

Thanks!
Quote from th84 :So basically all I need to do is complete 4 tt's (or a couple of races) in a road car and get my SR above 3.0 (right now it is just below 3)? Correct me if Im wrong, but speed doesnt matter, right? I just need to avoid incidents, correct?

Sounds good, I should be able to do that tonight.

Thanks!

Well it may not be that easy, the rookie oval is a bit of a crashfest this week it seems and there are no time trials available. Good luck mate
Quote from AlienT. :Well it may not be that easy, the rookie oval is a bit of a crashfest this week it seems and there are no time trials available. Good luck mate

last week was definatly the sweet spot for anyone joining and / or wanting to licence up as soon as possible.

to be honest this is one area where iracings licence system works against them. in theory the idea is for drivers to gain experience before moving to more adaptable / faster cars and more tracks yet if you joined last saturday morning you could complete your requirements for a D licence in 1 day just by time trials yet if someone joins next week they will still be a rookie after 10 weeks and yet could have competed in a total of 70 races and 70 tt s if they did one of each a day.

perhaps what it needs for rookies is for the requirement to get an sr over 3.0 and compete in 2 races or 4 tt's same as now and to have been a member for at least 2 weeks but not have to wait till the end of the season. that way people will be able to gain a d licence once they've gained experience which should open the game up for them. after you have a d kicence, you carry on same as the current system.
Quote from The Moose :I quote.. "The Radical SR8 now has wing drag and rear downforce closer to what is "correct" based on our limited data from Radical UK"

I think that's incredibly sad........ why include a car they have no or little data for. Pointless considering they go to such detail for the tracks....
Quote from StableX :I think that's incredibly sad........ why include a car they have no or little data for. Pointless considering they go to such detail for the tracks....

It says very little on their actual knowledge of the car itself. The statement is solely about the wing drag and downforce data. It would be sad if they actually don't know much about the car itself for sure.
Quote from StableX :I think that's incredibly sad........ why include a car they have no or little data for. Pointless considering they go to such detail for the tracks....

I'm sure that the Radical is based on a wealth of accurate data. According to a post on the official forums, iRacing mostly dealt with Radical USA, and it seems to me that the comment about Radical UK only refers to the aerodynamics data. And when it comes to wind tunnel information, it's just not possible to have complete data for many of the cars.
Radical is only a small car company that won't have huge resources like an F1 team with wind tunnels to retrieve data from, so they are limited as to how accurate the downforce data is that they pass onto iRacing.
Quote from RossUK :Radical is only a small car company that won't have huge resources like an F1 team with wind tunnels to retrieve data from, so they are limited as to how accurate the downforce data is that they pass onto iRacing.

yeah, I think it's just moose's jealousy :something
Well I haven't really been on iRacing at all during this week... I am thinking of just starting up in the Skippy again soon and practicing the upcoming tracks for the next season... I have decided to just do one or two races each week to make sure I maximize my points in the Skippy series... then I will spend the rest of my time in other series.

Quote from Intrepid :Well considering it's supposed to be the best of the best of the best sir and i have just paid my money for this JOKE of a sim I am more than entitled to vent my anger.

I downloaded everything and now the sim is refusing to load. Considering this is a subscription BASED SERVICE, which means time is money, every minute LOST IS MY MONEY BEING WASTED!

I LIKE HOW YOU FEEL THE NEED TO USE CAPS AND BOLD TO GET YOUR POINT ACROSS!!! MAYBE YOU SHOULD START UNDERLINING AND USING ITALICS ALSO!!!

Anyway, glad you think it's a joke and a waste of money, I guess it means you won't be littering this thread WITH LOTS OF CAPS AND BOLD too much in the future.
hai Guiz! Lets Use Font Size!
i has colors111

Anyways, anyone tried the skippie yet? From what I've read there are some changes to it as well...?
Oh yes I was startstruck little kid, I can retire now......meh bring it on Moosey, If I can whoop Dale your next....hehe. Seriously I was sweating so not to make a fool of myself.

Average Lap Time Laps Completed Cautions Caution Laps Lead Changes Strength of Field
02:03.231 15 0 0 3 1953

Fin
Pos
Car Driver Start
Pos Car #
Out Interval Laps
Led Average
Lap Time Fastest
Lap Time Fast
Lap# Laps
Comp Inc Pts Div Club iRating License
1 Struan Robertson 5 4 Running Laps 8 02:03.231 02:01.405 8 15 0 Unofficial - West Europe 1826(0) CLASS D 4.32 - - -

2 Robert Turner 9 7 Running Laps -23.007 0 02:04.685 02:00.932 9 15 15 Unofficial - California - - -- - - ROOKIE 4.99 - - -

3 Bruce Poole 7 6 Running Laps -25.226 0 02:04.869 02:01.345 7 15 4 Unofficial - International - - -- - - ROOKIE 4.53 - - -

4 Raja El-Asmar 1 3 Running Laps -46.138 7 02:06.385 02:02.002 7 15 1 Unofficial - West Europe 2169(0) CLASS D 4.99 - - -

5 Clive Whittaker 8 9 Disconnected Laps -5 L 0 02:08.948 02:05.287 6 10 4 Unofficial - Northeast US 1251(0) CLASS D 4.75 - - -

6 Wim Bries 6 5 Disconnected Laps -10 L 0 02:17.309 02:14.416 3 5 22 Unofficial - West Europe - - -- - - ROOKIE 4.41 - - -

7 Dale Earnhardt Jr 4 2 Disconnected Laps -11 L 0 02:09.299 02:08.133 2 4 6 Unofficial - Mid-Atlantic US 2888(0) CLASS C 3.60 - - -

8 Andre Gomes 3 1 Disconnected Laps -14 L 0 00.000 - - 1 11 Unofficial - Northeast US - - -- - - ROOKIE 4.65 - - -

9 Filippo Filippini 2 8 Disconnected Laps -15 L 0 - - - 0 - Unofficial - West Europe 1311(0) CLASS D 4.99 - - -
awesome job... you do seem radical enough now... why don't you PM D.E. Jr and ask him to join RSR
Hate to break it to you but beside Dale Jr it says disconnected =/.
Quote from StableX :awesome job... you do seem radical enough now... why don't you PM D.E. Jr and ask him to join RSR

Sorry mate he's too slow for us
Sorry about the above picture I've no idea how to do a better job of it LOL showed my wife in the grid at the startline she couldn't give a toss, never heard of him.

Yes I know he disconnected, I'm pretty sure he has not run much Radical by the look of it. He wiped out I think ach well.....stop ruining my excitement hehe
xD Grats on the win Now you can say you beat Dale Jr in a race !
Quote from Intrepid :OK their website is not working and hav had problems with this update... I AM NOT HAPPY! 2 hours in and already problems! Quicker than with NetKar! Just paid them money and it aint f*cking working!

Quote from Intrepid :Considering this is a subscription BASED SERVICE, which means time is money, every minute LOST IS MY MONEY BEING WASTED!

ohh, I see, it's subscription based, sorry BASED.

Quote from Intrepid :It is a subscription BASED service.... the consequence being my TIME is running out which is MY money!

Ahh I didn't get that last time you said it.

Quote from Intrepid :The issue here is that this is a SUBSCRIPTION based service.[/B]!

Oh, it's SUBSCRIPTION based. I thought it was subscription BASED. I'm confused...

Quote from Intrepid :I am a PAYING customer

Quote from Intrepid :I entered into a 1 month contract with them

Oh, a contract. So it's kinda like a subscription eh?

Quote from Intrepid :Unfortunately you have to pay for the privilege to find out for yourself.

Quote from Intrepid :If this was not a subscription based simulation I would be far more patient

Quote from Intrepid :every minute this game doesn't work my money is being wasted

Quote from Intrepid :Time ticking......

Ok, I think I am FINALLY starting to get what you're saying here... It's a subscription BASED service, and you are wasting your TIME because it's your MONEY going down the drain. You are NOT HAPPY because of all this as you're a PAYING customer. Wow, congratulations on making your point many times over and over again! I'm glad you did, because I'm sure most people here didn't already realize it's a subscription based service! But now you've said it 10 times in a row, people will start to catch on I'm sure.

Quote from Intrepid :Hopefully I will be compenstaed for my lost time, and that iRacing act promptly. If they do they will get my FULL endorsement

Wow, a FULL (!!!) endorsement from some ***hole on the LFS Forums! COOL! They could really use that, given they've not already got Dale Earnhardt Jr, Alex Gurney, Justin Wilson, AJ Allmendinger... etc giving it the thumbs up. Oh no, wait, they do have those people.

Quote from Intrepid :I have contacted the iRacing team, and at this time recommend no one pay for iRacing until this is sorted

Yes, that makes sense... because you're having troubles, nobody should pay for iRacing. That's like saying you feel sick after a McDonalds hamburger and you expect nobody to eat there until you are feeling better. Or you had a motorcycle accident so nobody should ride motorcycles until you recover from your injuries.

Either you will ignore my post or you will reply, using lots of capitals and if you took my advice possibly italics and underlines! And if you are really offended, I will use the old trick of coming back after the point and saying "oh i was only joking, haha! sorry, maybe i should have used more winks, i guess my sarcasm doesn't come through well on the internet!"
MD - I award you 3 whole internets for that post of epicness.

sorry:

MD - I AWARD you 3 WHOLE internets for that POST of EPICNESS!
Lol. LOVED that post. xD
Michael Denham, I appreciate the TIME you took to make that post. It was a WORTHWHILE! read and gave ME a lot of LAUGHS.
You forgot the italics, damn it!

"Last edited by RossUK; Today at 17:05. Reason: to correct a MISTAKE in my post."
Awesome
-
(Alistair) DELETED by Alistair
This thread is closed

iRacing
(13603 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG