The online racing simulator
iRacing
(13603 posts, closed, started )
Quote from The Moose :Don't know what forecast you're looking at, but it's currently 84.2 degrees in my room at the moment.

May not be that hot to you, but this is Britain we're talking about. A country when you usually have to wear three layers in the summer

I'll be sitting in a pool of sweat when this race has ended.

86 in my room and 94 outside (cloudy though). Between March and October this is about how it is, so I guess I am just use to it.

At least you can sweat and lose weight while having fun behind your (sim)wheel.
Quote from JasonL220 :i'm the historic gp, 6th fastest q so far, not bad since i've never raced it before

Great job Jason

I was on for improving my position by a fair margin, only to get caught in traffic twice in a row.

1 more attempt left.... Not at all happy with my performance. I really needed another couple of days with this car.

Ohh well, it'll probably all end in tears in T1 anyway
Quote from PMD9409 :
At least you can sweat and lose weight while having fun behind your (sim)wheel.

..I haven't got much weight to loose..
Well, I've just had my 'Kimi' moment and now all set for the event. Best of luck to all racing tonight.
Yeah Good luck to all doign the race.
Kick some a$$ Dave
Quote from Mackie The Staggie :Well, I've just had my 'Kimi' moment and now all set for the event. Best of luck to all racing tonight.

Allways good to have a light car on the grid!
Quote from Joris :Allways good to have a light car on the grid!

Didn't do me that good.

I don't know if it was internet lag or if the Lotus 79 has a poor collision box, but I was noticing some strange contact collisions.

At the start had a decent getaway from the grid, and was gaining on the car in front. Then it seemed to break well before getting close into Copse corner, meaning I had to jut out. Somewhere there apparently I made contact but from my view (and upon viewing the replay) I was nowhere near making contact.

Then in lap 2 on the corner just before Luffield (Brooklands???) the 2 cars in front of me went off, one went into the infield of the track and the other ran wide. As I was trying to pick my way through the, the car that went wide it shot back across track t-boning me.

After I reset the car...I had forgotten to take off the fuel so it added 44 gallons of fuel....Balls. Went around for a further 25/26 laps before the car snapped and threw me into the walls at club, damaging the suspension. Not a good way to end the race.
Some bloke called bob ran a "money race" last night. Only a small prize $5 which i won now he's refusing to pay up.

Here's the question: "If 39 racers are classified in the results i.e. joined the server & practiced. Would you agree that there were 39 entrants to the event?"

His get out clause was that 25 drivers didn't start the race but he specifically stated 25 entrants.
Quote from anttt69 :Some bloke called bob ran a "money race" last night. Only a small prize $5 which i won now he's refusing to pay up.

Here's the question: "If 39 racers are classified in the results i.e. joined the server & practiced. Would you agree that there were 39 entrants to the event?"

His get out clause was that 25 drivers didn't start the race but he specifically stated 25 entrants.

Sue him for all he's got!
Trust some nub to find it funny .
Its not the amount that concerns me its the principle. He advertised a money race to get people in there & when it comes to the crunch he's full o shit.
Bring the subject up on the main iRacing forum. No need to name names, (it wont take much to work out who it was) Just get enough people talking about it and he may be shamed into paying up.
Quote from anttt69 :Trust some nub to find it funny .
Its not the amount that concerns me its the principle. He advertised a money race to get people in there & when it comes to the crunch he's full o shit.

Lol @ 'Nub' bahaha and $5 seriously? That's like 2 pounds? seriously, I'll give you the money and you can go buy a pick a mix mate.
Quote from AMB :Lol @ 'Nub' bahaha and $5 seriously? That's like 2 pounds? seriously, I'll give you the money and you can go buy a pick a mix mate.

Are you a complete halfwit? (don't answer, I already know)

As he already said, it's not the money, it's the principal. Advertising prize races to get people in your session then not paying up, no matter how small the prize, is simply not on.
Quote from The Moose :Are you a complete halfwit? (don't answer, I already know)

As he already said, it's not the money, it's the principal. Advertising prize races to get people in your session then not paying up, no matter how small the prize, is simply not on.

Yeah, I read it and understood it, sorry 'nub'.

Oh and if the money didn't bother him what attracted him to that session, seriously.
Quote from AMB :
Oh and if the money didn't bother him what attracted him to that session, seriously.

No, you're still not getting it are you. Conversation over.
Kind of with AMB on this one (and I know it's wrong...I've got the bath running and getting ready with the bleach and metal scouring pad) but personally I would just leave it as it is and just avoid the guy from now on.

There's little point about making post's and getting irate over it, if he's going to continue like that he's going to get found out soon enough, but then I'm a believer of Karma in it's most simplest of forms
Quote from The Moose :No, you're still not getting it are you. Conversation over.

No I do, either way iRacing has their own forum, LFS Forums can't help you or advise him, yes what he did was wrong, can we do anything? no, go post on the iRacing forum or sue him for all the 5 Dolla He G0T, and after you've done that a few times you can 'buy' a new track or car, or even more membership to race!

FYI: I think iR is better than LFS.. so I'm not flaming iR users/drivers.
Might as well give up Ant, he is from New York and probably don't know what "principal" even means.

I agree with you that he should probably pay up due to how things were set up, but its his event, his money, and his standards. Apparantly things were not to his standards so he backed out. He should of announced it before race tbh, but he seems like too much of a whiner himself to get a point across to.

Who's from New York?

If that was pointed at me, for starters,
I'm not American because I can type a decent understandable sentence whereas 70% of Americans can't talk English let alone type it,
but I guess it IS hard to type when those chunky fingers clunk down two keys at once and you end up with something along the lines of
'Heyds guyz IMn newq'.
AMB -

I'm pretty sure PMD was referring to the guy who is refusing to pay up. Now you look like quite a dicksplash for insulting Americans for no reason.
Quote from AMB :Who's from New York?

If that was pointed at me, for starters,
I'm not American because I can type a decent understandable sentence whereas 70% of Americans can't talk English let alone type it,
but I guess it IS hard to type when those chunky fingers clunk down two keys at once and you end up with something along the lines of
'Heyds guyz IMn newq'.

|||||||||||||
VVVVVVVVVV

Quote from Gills4life :AMB -

I'm pretty sure PMD was referring to the guy who is refusing to pay up. Now you look like quite a dicksplash for insulting Americans for no reason.

Use the side of your brain that thinks Matt.
Quote :Use the side of your brain that thinks Matt.

Neither side thinks.
...he has a brain?
Quote from The Moose :...he has a brain?

Results were inconclusive. They say there is something there, but it does not resemble a brain.

I saw it's hollow.
This thread is closed

iRacing
(13603 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG