The online racing simulator
iRacing
(13603 posts, closed, started )
Ok guys. Once the iracing site is back up one of you need to buy the truck, do 200 laps on ovals and road and them come here and tell me if it is worth the money. Video required as well.

Cheers
This is a make or brake day for iRacing. If the truck is crap iRacing will dig a hole it can't get out of. But I have confidence in them. So far everything has been really good. I wonder what other updates are going to be in it.
Hmmm, I'm excited about this and I don't even care about the damn truck
Quote from A.Ulleri :This is a make or brake day for iRacing. If the truck is crap iRacing will dig a hole it can't get out of. But I have confidence in them. So far everything has been really good. I wonder what other updates are going to be in it.

I think flags and pitstops. I'm like a little kid on Christama eve
I don't think it's make or break day Alex, even without the trucks and whatever else they come up today with iRacing is the best there is at the moment by a long long way with regard to driving experience. (In my humble opinion only ). With the huge team working on it there will be plenty more to come in the future. With subscription base package updates will and have to happen for iRacing to survive. It's not quite the same I know but I have been on Eve online for 4 years (payed subscription) and they do and have to keep coming up with new content to keep people paying each month.

EDIT: Downloading right now
Quote :Headlining the list of enhancements included in this latest version of the iRacing software are yellow flags on ovals, pit stops and engine-damage modeling. For full details, visit the Announcements section of the member forum and read the accompanying release notes

I didn't expect engine damage, did anyone? I gotta go test the update tonight I guess
I think the development process has been excellent so far, and expect nothing less from this update. There have been some exciting announcements, they keep good communication with us, and the online system has been faultless.

I hope a full flag system is implemented, blue and yellow etc. Hopefully a few things we don't expect too (Edit: ^ like engine-damage modelling I guess )
Quote :The engine can now be damaged by over revving, especially on early downshifts. There also may be very rare engine failures even without significant abuse, so don't feel too bad if your engine gives up (but try not to over rev). Keep an eye on the water and oil temps -- water shouldn't exceed about 220 F, oil shouldn't exceed 240-250 F, or you'll be starting to take chances. Those temps may start to climb if you are spending a lot of time in the draft.

In before complaints on the forum by people losing a race in their last lap(s) due to engine failure
Wow, this is looking quite good really.
Quote from Jertje :In before complaints on the forum by people losing a race in their last lap(s) due to engine failure
Wow, this is looking quite good really.

Someones already posted that they've blown their truck engine up after only 2 laps I'm gonna like this
Guess the site got hammered, it's down for me.
Same for me, although I was in a test session before it went down.
So, the Radical definitely does not approve of me shifting it from 6th to 1st on the straight without dropping speed. The engine just goes "wheeeeeeee..." - no smoke

It'll be great to see how this factors into races though, I imagine the threat of engine failure will be added pressure to some, and will also allow for some added strategy: now there really is no need to push when you're in between two cars with 15s gap for each of them. I can't wait for the new season tbh

Oh, and there are now basic and advanced setups for every car, and every track, right off the bat! I thought this was great but then I'm really a monkey when it comes to setups anyway.
OK I have made the plunge. I am going to try out iRacing for a month. It better be f&&&ing awesome or I am coming on here to vent!
Quote from Intrepid :OK I have made the plunge. I am going to try out iRacing for a month. It better be f&&&ing awesome or I am coming on here to vent!

good luck mate. Hope you enjoy it too
Quote from Intrepid :OK I have made the plunge. I am going to try out iRacing for a month. It better be f&&&ing awesome or I am coming on here to vent!

:hidesbehi
Quote from StableX :good luck mate. Hope you enjoy it too

Actually I hope it's REALLY bad for OBVIOUS reasons!
Quote from AlienT. :I think flags and pitstops. I'm like a little kid on Christama eve
I don't think it's make or break day Alex, even without the trucks and whatever else they come up today with iRacing is the best there is at the moment by a long long way with regard to driving experience. (In my humble opinion only ). With the huge team working on it there will be plenty more to come in the future. With subscription base package updates will and have to happen for iRacing to survive. It's not quite the same I know but I have been on Eve online for 4 years (payed subscription) and they do and have to keep coming up with new content to keep people paying each month.

EDIT: Downloading right now

Oh I agree with you there. iRacing is far ahead of the rest of the pack. I just couldn't imagine the flack they would get if the truck sucked. All the nay sayers would rejoyce, those on the fence would fall off and the fanboys would have heart attacks. But lloks good so far after the release. Engine damage was unexpected. Not sure I'm into random damage though. Blocking rules need clarification though. Can't wait to get home and wip out the creditcard then wip around in the truck.
Well I've had a good few laps around a few different circuits with the truck and I find it very good really. It's a bit like the Late model but with more power and a maybe softer/bouncy suspension. At Daytona it makes my wheel go crazy with the feedback generated, almost like watching the onboard cam of a real race car wheel. I like that! for 15 bucks it's got to be worth a try.

I'm still getting my head around all the other updates, pitting, 'black box' settings, fuel loads and flags etc, looking good though. Just for a test I sat in neutral and revved the heck out of the engine, watching the oil temperature gauge go literaly round the clock before the engine died. The death of the engine is a bit of a non event as there was no crash bang wallop but ah well

The iRacing forums has mixed reviews as expected with the moaners moaning and fanboys loving it....can't keep all of the people happy all of the time I guess!
OK their website is not working and hav had problems with this update... I AM NOT HAPPY! 2 hours in and already problems! Quicker than with NetKar! Just paid them money and it aint f*cking working!
-
(RMachucaA) DELETED by RMachucaA
Quote from Intrepid :Actually I hope it's REALLY bad for OBVIOUS reasons!

not going to happen :P Just give it a couple of weeks and don't try to think of the whole system compared to any other. Just go with it as it is.
Quote from RMachucaA :Its working fine for most people, including myself. Have you tried posting on their forums for hardware\software troubleshooting?

Also, you may have missed this, but a few people have had issues with the latest update, the dev's are working non-stop to figure this out, if you stop complaining and actually have something constructive to say (hardware setup, any error mssgs logged etc..) then all the better for everyone including yourself.

Well considering it's supposed to be the best of the best of the best sir and i have just paid my money for this JOKE of a sim I am more than entitled to vent my anger.

I downloaded everything and now the sim is refusing to load. Considering this is a subscription BASED SERVICE, which means time is money, every minute LOST IS MY MONEY BEING WASTED!

At least my NetKar sim is working fine!
Maybe send a mail to iRacing support, they are usually very quick in responding. Being mad here will get not get you too far.
-
(RMachucaA) DELETED by RMachucaA
Quote from RMachucaA :Keep enjoying your netkar sim then and stop spamming here, we try to help you, but you're obviously beyond any help we can give.

its not spamming. It's a genuine complaint.

It is a subscription BASED service. That means if there are any faults they have infinitely greater consequences. the consequence being my TIME is running out which is MY money!

I have contacted the iRacing team, and at this time recommend no one pay for iRacing until this is sorted
Quote from Intrepid :I have contacted the iRacing team, and at this time recommend no one pay for iRacing until this is sorted

oh noes, no truck then tonight. Tell me when you have got it working so I can proceed to the checkout
Quote from Intrepid :I have contacted the iRacing team, and at this time recommend no one pay for iRacing until this is sorted

In that case no-one should buy any pc game ever made, because it may not work on your particular hardware!

If you can't get it working I guess they could give you a refund if they're nice.
Or they could take the reasonable option for ignorant ****s and tell him to go **** himself.
Quote from RossUK :In that case no-one should buy any pc game ever made, because it may not work on your particular hardware!

If you can't get it working I guess they could give you a refund if they're nice.

My hardware is perfectly fine. If it can run NetKar it can run anything. I would expect a full refund if they can not get it to work.

The issue here is that this is a SUBSCRIPTION based service. I am buying time, not a product I can own forever, and when that time is being wasted so is my money. . Its very simple business - don't p1ss off your customer.

someone eats a good restaurant and they may recommend around 5 people, but if it's bad they will not recommend it to 15!

I do hope they contact me back promptly and provide me with a solution (I am not the only one BTW), which I do expect!
This thread is closed

iRacing
(13603 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG