The online racing simulator
iRacing
(13603 posts, closed, started )
Quote from Bawbag :Is there anywhere to find the best hotlaps for certain tracks?

I got 1.46.8 in qualifying with the soltice at laguna seca, but I can't say it felt to fast and considering it was my first go at changing the setup there must be faster somewhere....

Take it from me that is fast Ray Rookie Slowstice or advanced?

Go into series stats and you can see the fastest qualifying times for any given series only, don't think hotlaps are recorded anywhere.

Edit: Yes you are the quickest, I hate you
Quote from Crommi :StableX: About setups, I'm using http://www.iracersresource.com/ because it's fast and easy for both uploading and browsing for other people's setups. It's still fairly new site so go ahead and contribute

I would do but I prefer to build up our owhn database of setups for a variety of racing games
Quote from Bawbag :Is there anywhere to find the best hotlaps for certain tracks?

I got 1.46.8 in qualifying with the soltice at laguna seca, but I can't say it felt to fast and considering it was my first go at changing the setup there must be faster somewhere....

And I thought I was fast! I'm the guy in 6th. (Einar)

Good going!

Not yet really... I think Hudson Kerr mentioned that global hotlap charts or something similar would be implemented in the next big update after this season.

For now, it will probably be easiest to just look at Greger Huttu's career stats and the best laptimes for various combos. It seems he's done a 1:46.041 with the Solstice at Laguna, although it was almost certainly done with maximum fuel and with a longer third gear.
I got 1.46.8 in qualifying with the soltice at laguna seca

No, but I think I have seen 01:46.041 somewhere. I know, here http://members.iracing.com/mem ... reerStats.do?custid=15250 I'm not sure, however, if there were no physics changes that affect car performance since this time was set.

EDIT: I'm too slow, on the forum and on the track.
Hate to ask another question, but if I reach a 4.0 and do two more races will I be able to skip D license and go straight the C license?
Quote from Rappa Z :Hate to ask another question, but if I reach a 4.0 and do two more races will I be able to skip D license and go straight the C license?

simple, NO
Really, that's crap. Didn't think I'd have to wait weeks now for a license that I would've finished the requirements for in the next two hours.
Quote from Rappa Z :Really, that's crap. Didn't think I'd have to wait weeks now for a license that I would've finished the requirements for in the next two hours.

Remember though that once you have a class D license you can then drive class C cars as long as your SR is above 4.0.

So it's not all doom and gloom! Remember that when you get a license upgrade your SR drops by 1.0 anyway... so if you did jump up by two licenses that would be a drop of SR of 2.0 so wouldn't be right

Get your upgrade, spend a week doing TT and a few races to get your SR up and bingo
No, but if you get it over 4.0, do 4 races the week after the coming one which most likely won't bring you under D 3.0 and cruise the last four weeks until the season is over and you'll be promoted to C...
Rappa Z is raising in ranks fast then, I started 7 months ago and still just C license
I can't get up to 4.0 so I can race up a class because there are still far too many idiots playing this game. I can't even count how many times I've been taken out on lap 1 after waiting around 2 hours to get in a race, and that is really annoying.
Quote from UncleBenny :I can't get up to 4.0 so I can race up a class because there are still far too many idiots playing this game. I can't even count how many times I've been taken out on lap 1 after waiting around 2 hours to get in a race, and that is really annoying.

like the fox server on lfs.
Are you sure there's nothing you can do better to avoid crashing out on lap 1? I've been racing everything from Rookie Legends to Formula Mazda and can't remember the last time I was taken out. With longer racelenghts you really have to re-evaluate your driving and focus more on paying attention to what's happening on track instead of hotlapping. Take yellow flags seriously, lift-off and slow down as much as necessary to get by safely even if it costs you couple seconds. I had a Rookie Legends race recently where I started last and made it into lead within first 7 laps even if I had to crawl around the track on few places to avoid spinning cars and wrecks.

I recommend reading Don's post about "Shannon's Golden Rule".
http://www.iracingworld.com/_S ... le/blog/125703/57752.html
Quote from Crommi :I recommend reading Don's post about "Shannon's Golden Rule".
http://www.iracingworld.com/_S ... le/blog/125703/57752.html

There are a lot of true things in that post, but the fact is there are many times you cannot legislate for people ramming you up the arse. I've been in incidents (and seen many incidents) where the only way to avoid being rammed would have been to drive off the track. You have to expect better judgement of braking distances and speeds from people behind you. I'm still firmly of the belief that its 99% of the time the fault of the person behind. (if you start braking 50 meters earlier than normal then you deserve everything you get mind you )
There are plenty of idiots out there still, even on higher licensed servers. It's good that you've managed to avoid being taken out, but plenty of good, spatially aware drivers are still getting taken out, through absolutely no fault of their own.

Anyway, i wouldn't take much notice of what Don says anyway. He's one of the most obnoxious c**** I've ever come across in sim racing.
That's Don Keightley?

Oh man, I had a hilarious couple of arguments with him during the beta phase.

Obnoxious **** is right.
Quote from The Moose :There are a lot of true things in that post, but the fact is there are many times you cannot legislate for people ramming you up the arse. I've been in incidents (and seen many incidents) where the only way to avoid being rammed would have been to drive off the track. You have to expect better judgement of braking distances and speeds from people behind you. I'm still firmly of the belief that its 99% of the time the fault of the person behind. (if you start braking 50 meters earlier than normal then you deserve everything you get mind you )
There are plenty of idiots out there still, even on higher licensed servers. It's good that you've managed to avoid being taken out, but plenty of good, spatially aware drivers are still getting taken out, through absolutely no fault of their own.

Anyway, i wouldn't take much notice of what Don says anyway. He's one of the most obnoxious c**** I've ever come across in sim racing.

100% agree Moosey! I've been taken out quite a few times by people that blatantly have not practiced and gone straight in to a race! However, I don't give a shit. At the moment just love practicing in the Mazda on VIR... insane! Sad that I'm still 5 seconds off Huttu's time
Well, I just don't believe that some people just get rammed off the road more than others.
Well I've been soley racing in the Radical and my SR was almost down into the 1's, not with incidents with others so much but just down to my carelesness, lack of concentration and stupidity, going off track and losing control by trying to push too hard.

So I had a long hard look at myself, decided not to race iRacing after a gallon of whisky, and had a determination to get my shit together. Safety ratings now back up at about 4.5

What I can say is that being a relentless midpacker myself it is often difficult to avoid incidents especially in the first few laps of the race, but with a bit of care it can be done and over time I think things average out. Blaming others for having a shitey SR gets no sympathy from me.

And Moose I really thought you liked getting rammed from behind? Well so Andy told me anyway :P

Edit: Anyone racing the 20:00 GMT Radicals at Lime Rock?
Figures the Radicals would be at my favorite track during one of my super busy weeks...
Quote from AlienT. :

Edit: Anyone racing the 20:00 GMT Radicals at Lime Rock?

too busy with the Mazda mate - woohoo.....
Quote from AlienT. :And Moose I really thought you liked getting rammed from behind? Well so Andy told me anyway :P

I think you've got that the wrong way round mate.... He may want to ram me from behind, but I've told him..it ain't going to happen, he should try his luck with Todd again....

Just another of his sick fantasies I'm afraid.

( I heard Andy was really disappointed when he found out what the "Whats going on at da Ring?" thread was really about )
Quote from The Moose :

( I heard Andy was really disappointed when he found out what the "Whats going on at da Ring?" thread was really about )

Didn't SamH close that already?
Like Don Keightley or not, he's right about one thing and that is:

If you get wrecked, don't complain on the forums about getting wrecked and how it's not your fault that you got rammed from behind etc etc; PROTEST it.

There are two reasons for this in my mind:

1. Before you send a protest you need to take a careful look at the incident in a replay from all angles before submitting it to Nim. (meaning you might get to see Shannon's golden rule in effect and change your mind, as it happens nearly 100% of the time)
2. If you really did get wrecked, then the person responsible is going to be warned, and if it continues to happen on his part, he'll get suspended. If the incident was severe enough, then so will the consequences.

In this case, #1 is ten times more important than #2. Contemplating a protest and having a critical review of the incident gives you a good insight into what went wrong. Not what the offender did wrong, just what went wrong. It really does take 2 to have an incident.

You also shouldn't be afraid of contacting drivers after an incident and having a chat. It's everyone's responsibility to create a good clean racing environment, and if you two are on the same pace you will meet again in the future. So if you look at the replay and see someone was impatient with you and didn't realize that your braking point is 10 meters sooner than his, send him a PM and explain to him that he needs to spend a lap to assess his competitor's speed instead of chasing without keeping distance.

If you continue to have incidents in T1 regularly, then assess your own driving first and make compromises if you have to. Also prepare yourself for the start of a race better: look at your direct competitors and if you've raced them before, add into the equation what you know about them and their driving styles. On some occasions I've let aggressive alien drivers go at the start to relieve pressure on myself and then tuck in behind him hoping he would force the faster driver ahead of us into a mistake better than I'd be able to with him on my tail.

I'm lucky to be in a situation within the Skippy series where I almost always know the guys starting around me (hopefully at the front ) and I can use that knowledge to anticipate how they go about starting the race. I know I'm very consistent during races with very few errors, but it takes me a lap or 8 to get into a fast rhythm unless I'm behind someone that gets into a rhythm right away, so I'm not too afraid of letting drivers go at the start and taking back the spot later.

Anyway, rant over.
99% of my races had been clean and fair - even there had been accidents.

I have beeing rammed from behind sometimes, but sh-- happens. Most of the times it`s in T1 on lap 1.

One of the times (not on lap 1 in T1) was from a guy who was a TOP driver, starting at the back without NO qualifying and coming straight from a Truck race to a Skip Barber race. He simply just pushed me off! I was of course mad and I thought about a protest and wrote this to the guy in a PM and it ended up in a good way - we ended up talking nicely to each other..

I`ve only done one protest and that was beacuse of BAD langue.. Nim did something about it and next time the guy behaved normally..

I really don`t see any IDIOTS in my races...
This thread is closed

iRacing
(13603 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG