The online racing simulator
iRacing
(13603 posts, closed, started )
Quote from brt900 :thank you for helping the noob

the silverado is a right handful! Most of the top drivers seem to turn their Force Feedback right down to off or 2! I admit it really does help but I prefer FFB to none!
I have discovered the amazing help Time Trials are to your MPR. Really helping me get the licences through quickly.
Quote from StableX :the silverado is a right handful! Most of the top drivers seem to turn their Force Feedback right down to off or 2! I admit it really does help but I prefer FFB to none!

Big jessies, I have the force feedback on, maybe that explains my lack of speed though.
struggling to keep the silverado's tail in line around charlotte
Quote from brt900 :struggling to keep the silverado's tail in line around charlotte

try the England club forums for good Silverado setups...
Quote from Mackie The Staggie :Big jessies, I have the force feedback on, maybe that explains my lack of speed though.

I run in-game at 8 and windows profiler at 107 on my G25 and I have no problems. I'm not the fastest guy out there but I can consistently finish in the top 10 in the top split as long as nothing goes wrong.
where do i actually put the setups and on game which section in garage do i load them
Quote from brt900 :where do i actually put the setups and on game which section in garage do i load them

Setups go in: My Documents\iRacing\setups\trucks silverado(or whatever car the setup is for)

I'm not home to check right now but its something close to that. In the garage, you want to go to "My Setups" I think its called.
Quote from Kid222 :I wish i could do it, but i'm not the one. Got that set from one guy who did 16's consistently on it.

BBT: 3D vision, huh? That could do a lot IMO.
Anyway, watch some of those replays. http://members.iracing.com/ifo ... &start=0&tstart=0

Thanks for the links, I checked them out.

They confirm that I am seated firmly in the category of feces with this car.

I'm going to have to watch some Youtube and see if that's how these cars are driven IRL. After T1 they're hitting 5th gear at the fricking top of that hill before slowing down. I'm losing almost all of my time there, and at the last chicane - where those guys basically drift both in and out of the damn thing like the world is about to end, I can't beleive it. I didn't know that car could be driven like that, every time I try and push just a tad harder it treats me like a slut.

One thing I didn't think to check, (since I was disgusted with their speed I only watched it once), was their inputs - I only use right foot braking and I'm wondering if they're using a lot of both pedals at the same time.
Quote from Ball Bearing Turbo :
One thing I didn't think to check, (since I was disgusted with their speed I only watched it once), was their inputs - I only use right foot braking and I'm wondering if they're using a lot of both pedals at the same time.

I'd put money on 95% of the top guys using both pedals. LFB with a bit of throttle still on is the only way to get that extra speed imo.

The main advantage (for me) of using both pedals at the same time is the extra stability on corner entry, which in turn leads to much faster exits.

I use this technique in every sim I've ever driven. Though i have no trouble switching to RFB in real life my brain just wont let me do it in sims anymore (not that I'd want to )
Both pedals.

Even though some (fast) drivers refuse to do it, most do.
Quote from The Moose :I'd put money on 95% of the top guys using both pedals. LFB with a bit of throttle still on is the only way to get that extra speed imo.

Agreed. It seems to be worth a few tenths for me. When I go back to RFB, it's hit or miss if I find that extra time or not.

After they remapped the throttle, you don't need nearly as much input as you did before, but it still seems exaggerated imo.
I don't like to lfb in the radical. I can do it in the open wheel cars but It always slows me down in the rad. Full lfb at least using it in certain spots helps.
Quote from The Moose :I'd put money on 95% of the top guys using both pedals.

100% yes. That's the way of driving it.
I did some practice sessions yesterday with one of my mates who also offered a 1 month membership.

So I joined the servers and raced there, but although these were listed in my recent events, they wont minimize my rating or something else right?

because i spun several times
Practice sessions, online or offline, never affect the safety rating. Only time trials, qualifying, and races affect safety rating, so you have nothing to worry about! It's weighted too. Time trials only affect your rating a little. Qualifying affects it a bit more, and races affect it the most.
Ok thank you very much for ur reply

then i will do some prac sessions before i join the 'real racing'
racing in class D is so hard barely keeping my sr above 3
Is it so hard to type with punctuation?
Quote from DaveWS :Is it so hard to type with punctuation?

notreallysuredaveIdoknowthoughthatitbecomesquitedifficulttoreadwithoutspaces
Quote from StableX :notreallysuredaveIdoknowthoughthatitbecomesquitedifficulttoreadwithoutspaces

I thought we caught Saddam?
Quote from StableX :notreallysuredaveIdoknowthoughthatitbecomesquitedifficulttoreadwithoutspaces

At least you capitalised the I!
Ok short feedback to iRacing after 3 days:
The graphics are somehow better than in LFS but I just dont get some things like joining races. For example: I wanted to join a race together with my mate but i got away from the Drivers briefing accidently and didnt find the race again, that really sucked.

So is it required to stay in the drivers briefing because otherwise i think you wont find the race again.
This thread is closed

iRacing
(13603 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG