The online racing simulator
iRacing
(13603 posts, closed, started )
No, just click join when the time runs down. Doesn't matter what page you're on.
We has started on our team skinning... Jetta is still not finished but the design will be close to that on the picture.....
Attached images
jettad (1680 x 1050).jpg
That looks a nice Danish skin there Richard, very distinctive and not messy as many skins tend to be.

We'll need to get our RSR skins sorted out.

Unfortunately my artistic endeavour is more in the Tracey Emin mold. I too have messed up my bedroom whilst pissed.

Niels if your reading this thread and are bored....we know how you like skinning mate
Looking forward to see your skin
I have a problem with my iRating. I'm either too consistent or the other guys are knobs, cause I contiually find myself placing far better than my pace suggest, because other guys spin off or mess up somehow. This makes me gain iRating, placing me with even faster guys. So I end up being the last of the contenders and no actual racing. Bummer. I guess I need to get faster or crash more...
Quote from atledreier :I have a problem with my iRating. I'm either too consistent or the other guys are knobs, cause I contiually find myself placing far better than my pace suggest, because other guys spin off or mess up somehow. This makes me gain iRating, placing me with even faster guys. So I end up being the last of the contenders and no actual racing. Bummer. I guess I need to get faster or crash more...

yeah, you'll get that...but continue racing and it will even it's self out.
i raced for the first time in a very long time yesterday so stuck to legends on the oval and i was picking up places like there was no tomorrow in the last few laps and then the person behind me who was a rookie licence took me out and i finished last, not too happy

Although i did a 2nd race and came 4th
hehe i raced a lot today and got up to Rookie 3,46 on the road tracks

also bought the skip barber and now with 4,0 i'll be able to drive it on summit point
lol im 2.77 rookie in road really need to be D by atleast end of tomorrow to do some skippy
a guy on the iracing forums told me you only need at least 4 online races and a rating of 4,0 to drive the skippy
anyone got a decent south boston advanced legend setup only one i found was the easy to drive setup but way too slow
Oh my god this is so awesome!

I absolutely love it!

Only thing - Did people find that they lock up the rears when they started with iRacing? Especially after a main straight coming into T1 I lock up a lot.

Also, for some reason I find that I am better in faster cars like the Spec Racer.

Anyways, going to try and do Legends Oval tomorrow. Wish me luck.
I could see that since most tweaked LFS setups have pinpoint optimized brake balance such that you can jam your brake pedal into your subfloor without worrying too much about any consequences. If that's what you're used to then it might be a change.

Also, you can change your brake force curve in the setting menu in iRacing now. When you leave the pits the first time in a session, make sure you just put all your pedals all the way down since for since reason, now & again it seems to forget some part of the settings . That can result in you applying a lot more force than you anticipated.
with my clubsports my braking is fine but when i had my g25 it was actually horrific
Quote from DevilDare :

Anyways, going to try and do Legends Oval tomorrow. Wish me luck.

good luck with that
I need my sr on 4 to drive the Skippy damn ffs

still 1-2 races until that
So i just bought Bristol and Silverado, anyone going there for a spin next week?
Quote from Kid222 :So i just bought Bristol and Silverado, anyone going there for a spin next week?

I'll definitely be there in the Impala B, probably the Silverado as well though. One of the few places I make SURE that I qualify at first. Starting at the back of the pack can lead to trouble real fast as its so small the leaders will be lapping you in no time.
Well....

Did the Oval with Legends. All went smoothly, was 5-6th out of 12 with 10 laps to go until I spun out. Because Boston is such a short track I retired as trying to rejoin was useless. I could of went for it but probably would have cause a big inccident so.

Also I tried Solstice at Laguna. Got punched in the ass in T1 and fell down to last place. In couple of laps I was on the back of another guy and took him over after he made a mistake. Few laps later I lost it in the corkscrew and reversed into the tires, the car was undrivable so I left.

First impressions are excellent tho. Very different from LFS or any other sim I have tried. The racing is just great and for some reason it feels a lot more realistic (Not just physics wise), it feels like I am really sitting in that car racing there. Great atmosphere.

Still have a lot of practise. Probably wont enter another session until I can lap stably and at a decent pace.
Quote from DevilDare :
Also I tried Solstice at Laguna. Got punched in the ass in T1 and fell down to last place. In couple of laps I was on the back of another guy and took him over after he made a mistake. Few laps later I lost it in the corkscrew and reversed into the tires, the car was no undrivable so I left.

That happened to one of my mates too we were havin a race with the pontiac on laguna seca as some of the guys there braked too early in T1 so that my mate crashed on the back of him, after that his car was too damaged to continue so he had to telepit and repair the car.
And one time i was crashed in T1 at Laguna as well, when someone spun into me. Luckily i didnt leave and still got some points for this race.

Quote from DevilDare :
First impressions are excellent tho. Very different from LFS or any other sim I have tried. The racing is just great and for some reason it feels a lot more realistic (Not just physics wise), it feels like I am really sitting in that car racing there. Great atmosphere.

True mate i was really impressed by the physics, it's definitely a lot better than lfs and although they have this safety ranking wheel-to-wheel fights are possible. Currently I'm on a 1 month trial and have much more to do in real life and with lfs (IFCL, City-Liga, sometimes IGTC...), so i will not directly buy again, but maybe in a few month later.

Most important at the beginning of your iRacing career imo is to drive save and clean to get as many points as possible (i'm having now a sr of 3,73) so still need to get some points for driving my new car, the skippy. btw my iRacing profile can be found in my signature so feel free to add me
Zandvoort is ready next week..
Attached images
zandvoort_022510_1 (1431 x 841).jpg
zandvoort_022510_2 (1431 x 841).jpg
zandvoort_022510_3 (1431 x 841).jpg
Quote from richard dk :Zandvoort is ready next week..

Looks impressive. Should be a challenge to drive round that track, did it once in rfactor and it was diffivult not to spin over those bumps
Dont worry wilko you always got fe club rev. Now run along & play nicely.

thanks for the pics rich, looks top notch as always
This thread is closed

iRacing
(13603 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG