The online racing simulator
iRacing
(13603 posts, closed, started )
I could have gone pro....

but then I got high

but then I got high

but then I got highhh

not really, but that was a great song back in the day.
glad they sorted the prolicence bug out early it was quite ashock to see those black licences in the practice results. closest i'll ever get to them is when i hit one of them

BTW do the DP drivers have little pictures of the SRF that they stick on the side of their car everytime they run one over at laguna ?
Black Stripe in oval and road. Woot woot!
Only one black stripe in road here....but my new black Pro license is 4.99..

Congratz with both of yours Pro license...well done..
Quote from DaveWS :Well, looks like I'm not in. **** it. 35xx iRating, and 4.99 SR... Could have been down to recent race I had which battered my iRating whereby iRacing cocked something up putting me a lap down when I actually finished in 4th place with an awesome field only seconds behind the leader.

Was that A-licence with 4.99 SR, it should have easily gotten you into Pro Series. As for your race, if you got black flag, laps are not counted until penalty is served.
Congrats to all with the Pro License! I'll stick to my diesel powered Jetta
Quote from Crommi :Was that A-licence with 4.99 SR, it should have easily gotten you into Pro Series. As for your race, if you got black flag, laps are not counted until penalty is served.

No, C license 4.99. But my last 20 sessions have been very clean. I didn't get black flagged or doing anything wrong to lose an entire lap. The blue flag started appearing halfway through lap 1 to suggest I was somehow a lap down... WTG iRacing.
Quote from StableX :Congrats to all with the Pro License! I'll stick to my diesel powered Jetta

Cannot...resist...
Quote from DaveWS :No, C license 4.99. But my last 20 sessions have been very clean. I didn't get black flagged or doing anything wrong to lose an entire lap. The blue flag started appearing halfway through lap 1 to suggest I was somehow a lap down... WTG iRacing.

C 4.99 --> B 3.99 --> A 2.99 then adding that 0.5 for going over X.99 and you end up with SR equivalent of A ~3.50 which probably was too low to qualify for Pro Series.
. The system is retarded. Way too much focus on SR. Then that borked race where I lost a lap cost me like 80 iRating (and 20+ or so positions in the iRating rank). The system keeps you completely in the dark as to where you are once you reach 4.99 on C license.

Edit: Grats on getting in yourself Samuli.
Quote from DaveWS : . The system is retarded. Way too much focus on SR. Then that borked race where I lost a lap cost me like 80 iRating (and 20+ or so positions in the iRating rank). The system keeps you completely in the dark as to where you are once you reach 4.99 on C license.

I would have liked to see you there Dave but I do remember a post on the 9th July saying you were going to renew. I don't think its fair to say the system is retarded because you didn't get to be in the Pro series because you dedicated the last 3 weeks to getting the PRO series.

Can take longer mate. Still, we both know you're good enough, fast enough and clean enough for it
Quote from StableX :I would have liked to see you there Dave but I do remember a post on the 9th July saying you were going to renew. I don't think its fair to say the system is retarded because you didn't get to be in the Pro series because you dedicated the last 3 weeks to getting the PRO series.

Can take longer mate. Still, we both know you're good enough, fast enough and clean enough for it

Yeah I should have renewed earlier. I'm looking forward to seeing the latest list though cos I reckon I've only just missed out, and that 80 iRating I've lost could swing it. I emailed support about it last night, still nothing back yet. Also posted a quick thread.

Edit: I've had around 10 months in total of iRacing subscription, which is why I thought 3 heavy weeks would be enough.
Quote from DaveWS :

Edit: I've had around 10 months in total of iRacing subscription, which is why I thought 3 heavy weeks would be enough.

any idea what they plan on doing to get new people in to it? I'm sure some of the top 50 don't want to be doing the PRO series. If that's the case, hope you get in there sooner mate

BTW: I commented in the iRacing thread
Quote from StableX :any idea what they plan on doing to get new people in to it? I'm sure some of the top 50 don't want to be doing the PRO series. If that's the case, hope you get in there sooner mate

BTW: I commented in the iRacing thread

Replied to iRacing thread. I dunno, I hope they have an idea to bring in drivers who juuust missed out to replace unsubscribed / uninterested members... But who knows.
common sense would be that if a driver misses 2 weeks they are excluded. that gives them a chance for last minute problems etc. if they need time off for holidays etc, they should be have to PM iracing and declare which weeks in advance so reserves can drive those weeks. also all pro licence drivers should have to PM to confirm they are going to contest the series before the end of week 13. that way it would keep the levels of drivers up
just manged my first race for ages. did a mixed race, went ok finished 6th out of 17th helped by half the field being taken off track by a pro licence holder at T1 !! thought he'd catch me by the end but he decided to ram the car between us rather than wait for a gap

last 4 laps were a struggle as the swine flu's left me rather week and the old legs were trembling
I did an MMA race last night in the Radical, it was a lot of fun. I've only done 1 Skippy race up until this point I think, only reason I raced last night is because I do a lot of offline Radical at Laguna since its a pretty cool combo. I might get into racing the Radical some online now that I will have my B road license.

Also did the oval race with the CoT at Michigan, first online race in that car for me. It sure is a pig but I actually enjoyed the fact that you really have to let the thing roll through the corners and it hurts you if you jump on the gas too soon. It was fun watching people dive into the corners as I backed off way sooner than them, then I'd come screaming out of the corners at what felt like twice their speed. I can't wait until I can race them online during the season.
i really need to do some ovals this week, i've "cheated" my way to a class b oval licence next season just by doing TTs as i hate short ovals ( probably an age thing, find them too busy and confined when there's more than about 6 cars). i'll do a few at michigan before the end of week 13 to try and get used to them and then pick a few next season in class B when they're pretty quiet
Nice!, Missed my promotion :'(
are both cars already available for purchase?
neither's available yet. but the 79 f1 car will be soon (tomorrow? or next week?). and then the Jetta for pre-order since it won't be available till the 17th or something.
lotus after tomorrows update (12.55 gmt for about 4 hours) jetta on 17th august
Quote from Scrabby :Nice!, Missed my promotion :'(

You have until next Monday for Class D-A promotions, unless you're talking about Pro which already happened unfortunately.

I'm pretty pumped about the Lotus tomorrow. Not planning on really racing online with it but it looks like it will be a blast to just mess around with.
This thread is closed

iRacing
(13603 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG