The online racing simulator
iRacing
(13603 posts, closed, started )
that's a lot of stuff to complete in 3 months... and particularly nice to see they do listen to what's said.

Just had a great Oval race with the legends
40 Laps without any inc
from 11th to 5th
best laptime: 0.16.30x
Quote from spanks :The lotus better be damn good to distract me from the no physics changes in the road cars

There will surely be tons of whine about every little issue that car may or may not have.

As for current road car physics, I can't really see any gamebreaking flaws with them. I've been having a blast with Mazda and my first real practise session with DP ended on a positive note. A lot heavier but got the power to make it move, definately doesn't feel underpowered like Mazda. Maybe it should have little bit more rear-end grip due to engine placement, but that's hard to say without driving the real thing for reference.
WOW

Has anyone noticed how incredibly awesome the Jetta schedule is? Finally a low license car running on real tracks!
Quote from spanks :WOW

Has anyone noticed how incredibly awesome the Jetta schedule is? Finally a low license car running on real tracks!

yeah, I'm looking forward to that.... Schedule looks pretty cool for that
In Jetta we trust!
woop fwd funracing
Hmmm, I'm really close to re-upping for a year, but for that to be an option the Jetta really has to be everything I expect it to be. The schedule is great, although Road America might be a bit bland, but the car needs to be fun to race. It would be cool to see a preview video or something soon
Any word on when the Jetta will be released to the public? I thought it was going to be just for a small, selected crowd (due to some agreement with VW) in the beginning..
jetta championship (class D ) starts august 17th at road atlanta (full)
you have to buy the Jetta?
i'd assume so, and they've amended the schedule (typo problem) it starts at road atlanta (short) now
i hope they give us the jetta.
lol they're probably done with free stuff for a while, but it would be nice since it seems like there is quite a lot of corporate backing for that one with the whole jetta challenge thing. Would be nice if VW footed the bill.

I finally creaked open my virtual wallet today and resubbed for a year...I had to get it out of the way and now I can pretend like it didn't happen again. At least with $85 worth of credits, and having already spent too much money thus not having any road stuff left to buy, it will last me through quite a few content releases.
yeah, we can look forward to the laser scanned euro tracks. hopefully they won't be too expensive... but they'll probably be $25 or more
Actually I think there's a good chance they'll give us the Jetta for free. After all that will give many people an incentive to buy more tracks! (Since the Jetta schedule uses non-rookie tracks)
Quote from Gnomie :Actually I think there's a good chance they'll give us the Jetta for free. After all that will give many people an incentive to buy more tracks! (Since the Jetta schedule uses non-rookie tracks)

Jetta is class D car, so I doubt it's going to be free.
I dunno if you guys know, but I was just racing with arrechee earlier today. I have loads of respect for the guy now after seeing how quick he is in iracing after having only driven for a few weeks. J Tanko is the name.
Quote from DaveWS :I dunno if you guys know, but I was just racing with arrechee earlier today. I have loads of respect for the guy now after seeing how quick he is in iracing after having only driven for a few weeks. J Tanko is the name.

who is he?
This really fast LFS guy with a tonne (or used to) of Hotlaps WR's
loving the mixed martial arts practices already, never seen so many cars at once and love the traffic jams when you get 2 SRFs side by side
Black stripes, represent!

There was awesome bug with Week 13 series, Pro licenced drivers were ineligible to run
Well, looks like I'm not in. **** it. 35xx iRating, and 4.99 SR... Could have been down to recent race I had which battered my iRating whereby iRacing cocked something up putting me a lap down when I actually finished in 4th place with an awesome field only seconds behind the leader.

Edit: Still a great song now spanks!
This thread is closed

iRacing
(13603 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG