The online racing simulator
iRacing
(13603 posts, closed, started )
http://members.iracing.com/mem ... d=909253&custid=31439

9th to 2nd - Rookie Legends Oval - South Boston.

That was a fun race hehe. Almost got taken out by a backmarker tryin to unlap himself and the guy in p3 was caught up sooooo much. Great race to the line for the last 4-5 laps .
nice lap time too
Ty ty but its slower then the laptime I set in the warmup lol.
OO ****

iRacing looks nice

I want it
thanks

Heres a quick blurb from Steve about next season. I guess they finally gave in to the constant whining.

Quote :
As I mentioned I will post a lot more information over the next few days but some answers to tide you over.

* will the SK be put back on a full schedule?

4 days a week for next season and it will have a different schedule than the LM series.

* will the SC be brought back?

2 days a week for next season and I essentially just copied the schedule that seemed to be very popular in a thread our SC fans started.

* will any other series suffer the fate of the SK and SC?

The Lotus 79 series is going to be a class B series so we have decided to have it alternate days next season with the Radical series. Lotus will be 4 days a week and the Radical 3 days a week.

Steve

Interesting that the lotus is a B class, and that the Riley is the pro car. It somewhat makes sense because we've had the Riley to practice with..but it just kinda sucks to drive at most places imo. Its kinda fun, but it doesn't really have any cool factor to it.

I missed this part.

Quote :
The pro series will be using the Cup car for ovals and the DP car for road.

The race schedules have been made and include almost every track currently released on them. Some of the smaller tracks did not make the schedule because they really did not make a lot of sense with the cars we are using.

The pro series schedule will be released at the same time I release next seasons schedule later this week.

Steve

Quote from PLAYAPIMP :OO ****

iRacing looks nice

I want it

I thought that was a real picture for a second! Holy crap.

And real nice scheme there, Spanks.
Was there another cat herder blog or something?
Quote from titanLS :Was there another cat herder blog or something?

Nope, he said he's going to write one up soon though. He just gave us that info to hold us over I guess.
So DP for Pro Series huh?
Week 13 is going to be busy as I'll be trying to learn how to drive that thing, closed cockpit makes me claustrophobic
Do promotions happen at the start or end of Week 13? I need to get my road SR up.
End of week 13, there will be no official sessions during that week though.
There should still be rookie races I think, so I'll just use the Solstice if I need to. I already have my MPR done.
It's just going to be very slow in Solstice, you can probably gain SR much faster by running Radical or Mazda TT's because much higher corners-per-hour rate and not worry about possible incidents with other drivers.
Eh, I'm at 2.83 already so I don't have far to go. The Solstice is just less risky for me, less of a chance of incidents if I just hang back at the start. I wouldn't mind Radical TT's but I'm going for the C license right now so I can't race them yet. Me and the Mazda just don't seem to get along.
Quote from UncleBenny :Eh, I'm at 2.83 already so I don't have far to go. The Solstice is just less risky for me, less of a chance of incidents if I just hang back at the start. I wouldn't mind Radical TT's but I'm going for the C license right now so I can't race them yet. Me and the Mazda just don't seem to get along.

im in an almost identical situation with my oval licence, going for B licence sr 2.83, but i dont get along with ovals when they are crowded so im going to have to do 3 clean 30 min TT s this week. normally 30 mins on an oval gives me .07 sr so 3 should do it

not a lover of the current oval cars but want to work my licence up incase i need it for a single seater oval series as i love the mazda on ovals
Cat herder #10

Quote : When I was a “civilian” over a decade ago I can remember how the weeks and months would drag on and on as I eagerly anticipated the release of the next Madden or Papyrus title that I had squirreled away my hard earned dollars to purchase. I can most definitely relate to the anticipation you all have when we are nearing the release of our next build and the frustration you may feel by having more questions about a release than answers.
It is amazing how your perspective on the development timeline of a title changes drastically when you are on the other side of the fence and trying to cram in as much content as you can into the very limited time you have to produce a product. In the old days we were spoiled and got 12 months or more to develop a product. Now we are trying to manage many different layers of development into releases every three months which is a superhuman feat if you ask me.

We have made a lot of progress on all levels over the past three months. I think it is often forgotten that your membership dollars are not just being used to fund new features in the sim software, but also improvements to how we host the website, manage the immense amount of data and expand functionality of our member site.
As an example, the team implemented a new design in the database and started using new caching technology on the web tier. The result is that the system has better scalability and performance has improved, in some cases by an order of magnitude. It has dramatically reduced the load on the servers, which reduces our projected hardware and license needs as we go forward. That's a big win for members, as it helps us control our costs, while delivering improved performance.
Your membership dollars also help to pay for some major projects we have been working on for more than three months now that will allow us to put iRacing in front of hundreds of thousands of potential new customers every year. The nice thing about some of these projects is it helps us move the ball down the field on projects like private leagues which we hope will be in the build at the end of next season.
I am really excited for the release of a slew of new website features. We have done a significant redesign of the main page which now includes tickers with all kinds of information. We have also “gadgetized” the main page so that you can customize it to your liking. The release notes will describe in more detail how all this new functionality will work.
Due to popular demand and under the careful study of John Henry we are moving to a completely new club scoring system in which every race counts toward the Club competition. No more dropped races or weeks, no more averaging in the club scoring system. Each non-Rookie driver racing in an officially scored, Advanced Rookie or higher series will have the opportunity to score club points based on where they place and the size of the field. Other championship scoring systems remain unchanged.
On the software side of things we also have some great improvements and additions. I will release the full release notes for the build later this week but here are some highlights.
It is no secret anymore that we will be launching the Lotus 79 with this build and it will be running as a Class B car for the upcoming season. Although the VW Jetta TDI Cup car will not be in this release, I expect it to be released sometime in the second week of August.
We made some minor tweaks to the Solstice and Spec Racer Ford. The Solstice now has anti-lock-brakes and the SRF has had its brake bias adjustment range increased.
We have also made an adjustment in how the tire temperatures work. The temperature distribution is now properly based on a tire’s load and pressure which will allow you to use tire temp to tune your setups.
On the oval side of things the Truck, Nationwide and Cup car now have rear sway bars and rebound and compression are adjustable on the shocks.
I have seen a few posts in the forums about this so we went ahead and made Summit’s Jefferson course and the VIR Patriot course available to be run in the reverse direction as well. Chicagoland will also be released in this build and it is on the schedule for the Oval Pro Series.
We will also be giving away a free track called the Centripetal Circuit which is a 200 meter radius skid pad. This is the only track in our service not modeled after a real track and it will be featured in our driver training series that will be released later this year.
Towing has been added, replacing resets during a race. Tows are always available in any series. Exiting your car or disconnecting while driving will automatically trigger a tow. A tow will place you in your pit stall until the specified tow time has passed. The pit crew as of yet can not repair any damage, but the types of damage we currently support are either not typically repairable during a race, or have no physical effect and are therefore not worth repairing. If you bust your car up too much you may not be able to keep it on the road.
For lower level races (Rookie and D license level races) you get one "fast" tow, after that any further tows are regular speed. A fast tow takes a little less time than a regular tow, and will give you a fresh car, restoring tires, damage, etc.
The camera system has had a massive overhaul and significant functionality has been added. This is probably best left for you to see in person but one highlight is that we have added a camera tool that can allow those that enjoy getting creative the chance to edit, save and share new groupings of cameras.
Brake calibration has been updated to work well with both pressure-sensitive and deflection-sensitive brakes. There is now an option to control the linearity of the simulator’s brake pressure response to your physical brake pedal travel. Potentiometer-based pedals (most pedals) can adjust this value to suit what feels best for them; lower values give a more linear brake response (more initial brake force with pedal travel than before), while higher values give a more non-linear increase in brake force (less initial brake force, more force near full pedal travel). Linear pressure sensitive pedals (with load cells) should set this value to zero for the most linear true to life feel. A brake force curve factor of 2.0 is close to the brake force curve before this change. This factor is now reset automatically to 1.8 any time the brakes are calibrated—you will need to change it to your preferred value after calibrating the brakes if 1.8 is not to your liking. For most pedals this gives a good feel.

The pedal meters on all screens reflect this change. The throttle meter has also been corrected to match on all screens.

There is plenty more and I could keep typing all day but I will save the rest for the official release notes. Just to start you thinking about what is on the horizon, we do hope to have private leagues, an updated tire model and the ability to do night racing in next season’s build along with many other features and improvements. These projects are all underway and progressing very well.
As I normally do, I will just update you and provide a little information that we have been globetrotting in an effort to build our international portfolio of content. Divi and I have just recently returned from a trip to Europe to meet with potential partners and I am optimistic following those meetings.
I will tell you that we have a huge announcement planned towards the end of August that I think everyone will be extremely happy about.
Just to come full circle. All of this work I have highlighted and much more was completed in less than three months of development time. I think all of us internally relish the actual release of these builds because it reminds us of why we do this and what it was like before we stressed out day and night to bring you what we hope you feel is worthy of your time, patience and hard earned dollars.
Steve

Night Racing :O

Sounds like they are making some decent changes at least. The Tow thing sounds great.
Yeah, as much as I always say that I just want better physics over graphical improvements, I can't WAIT for night racing in the modifieds.

Braking thing sounds awesome, can't wait to see what that's like.

No mention of the Corvette though, boo.
They said a while ago it won't make this build..I guess they had some delays or got more data or something.

I'm guessing they needed to cram on the lotus to get it in this build.
Im excited for night racing! Will that be in road races too?
Sounds good.
Well I just grabbed a 1 month free trial so I'll be trying it out...but I can tell you all one thing, I won't be buying it till they have a full transmission system. I didn't get a G25 for nothing . At least they're putting efforts towards worthy causes, though I think the actual DRIVING should be completed first...shifting is a core part of driving.
night races?!

WOOT!
This thread is closed

iRacing
(13603 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG