The online racing simulator
iRacing
(13603 posts, closed, started )
16-26, and if IIRC you have to be in North America.
I think I hate this car....but I'm an addict lol

I just spend all night turning laps to go 2 tenths slower than I did on my first lap out this morning.

http://img522.imageshack.us/im ... acingsim2009081321561.jpg

Bright side I guess is my optimal is down to a 1:07.348

Down side is it doesn't seem possible even though I did the splits

Look at all those damn 1x incidents. I think if I race this car I'll lose my A license :|
I think you might be overdriving it a bit
Quote from Gabkicks :you have to be 26 or under. i forget the minimum age...

I'd be surprised if it was under 26 when they're sponsoring the iRacer this weekend in a guest car at Road America and he's 30.
No I'm pretty sure it's 16-26 and to be a resident of North America.
Quote from count.bazley :No I'm pretty sure it's 16-26 and to be a resident of North America.

aaah, ok..... weird they went with someone older for the guest spot...
you my friend are just down that they passed you over.
Quote from Jertje :I think you might be overdriving it a bit

+1

StableX: He's a guest driver just there for one race and getting no points, so there is no age restriction. Think of GTAL where they have guest drivers from IGTC/MoE, same basic concept.
Quote from PMD9409 :+1

StableX: He's a guest driver just there for one race and getting no points, so there is no age restriction. Think of GTAL where they have guest drivers from IGTC/MoE, same basic concept.

yeah, I realise that but I'd have thought they'd want to give the guest slot to someone in the same age range to show it can work

Info on the series: SCCA
Wooooooooooo!

Reverse doughnuts ftw lol

Improved to a 1:07.600 with an optimal now down to 1:07.23

This car is kinda like driving a boat. Big swoopy motions...do things much sooner than you think you need to.

I think someone will find their way into the 6's. It'll be interested to see what the gain from the draft is on a medium length straight like this one.

more doughnuts lol

First lap out in a quick session I ran a 1:07.313 lol

I had an interesting line through turn 2 though..jumped the curb a bit. Enough for a 1x but not the dreaded slow down. It sent me a bit wide into the grass on the other side too. My optimal is down to a .1xx too, there will be a 1:06 at some point for sure.

I keep doing this to myself where first lap out I set a crazy lap and then over drive the rest of the time trying to match it. I could only hit more 107.7's.

I'm gonna be crushed when the good people start focusing on Road Atlanta and embarrass me

Anyone know what might be causing the background skyline to make the trees and such transparent?
No, but you need to fix your line :P
No, there are 5 differences, try to find them.
Thought I'd finally give iRacing a go, allbeit by getting the Radical SR8 one month free trial game code. I downloaded and installed it, signed up to the website and everything and when I first went to test the car it said "Updates Required" so I downloaded all of them, expecting to then be able to play.

But it still says updates are required, no matter how many times I download them. So I can't just drive.

Any ideas?
hm dunno? you running vista? will it be the usual administrator rights non-sense?
Nope XP. Whats the administrator rights nonsense? Apologies if it's been covererd already, haven't read the thread other than this page.

Also, when I did the user start quick guide thing, the Calibrate button at the bottom of the controller page didn't work. Now I've also lost the little car preview image when you select one to test / race. No matter what car, no image appears. Track image is fine.
Quote from Minimaxman :Thought I'd finally give iRacing a go, allbeit by getting the Radical SR8 one month free trial game code. I downloaded and installed it, signed up to the website and everything and when I first went to test the car it said "Updates Required" so I downloaded all of them, expecting to then be able to play.

But it still says updates are required, no matter how many times I download them. So I can't just drive.

Any ideas?

This may sound stupid, but did you refresh/reload the page? Noticed that I need to refresh the page for it to acknowledge I have updated anything that I needed

That ends my technical knowledge of solving.....
Yeh tried that Mackie, no luck!

Figured it out now, the original install didn't complete properly and I was missing all files apart from the .exe ones, so I removed that and installed again, now all working fine. Thanks!
I was going to ask where I can see the TDi cup live, but I've been told live timing is only available. Prather's pretty far off pace :/ for the qualifying results.
Quote from Gabkicks :I was going to ask where I can see the TDi cup live, but I've been told live timing is only available. Prather's pretty far off pace :/ for the qualifying results.

I think he's doing great so far. It's a lot to get accustomed to. He's only had 15 or so proper laps in the real thing, ever, so to be within 5/6 seconds from the fast guys on a near 3 minute lap is very good, and I'm sure he will improve further.
Quote from DaveWS :I think he's doing great so far. It's a lot to get accustomed to. He's only had 15 or so proper laps in the real thing, ever, so to be within 5/6 seconds from the fast guys on a near 3 minute lap is very good, and I'm sure he will improve further.

^ Completely agree.
This thread is closed

iRacing
(13603 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG