The online racing simulator
iRacing
(13603 posts, closed, started )
The feed for the world cup is a joke. I can't see anything, and it "started" 15 minutes late.

mms://ec2-75-101-218-208.compute-1.amazonaws.com/HighQ

^That seems to work.

EDIT: OH WOW! They're doing it as a radio broadcast.

"3:09

Dave Kaemmer:
Audio only guys, how is that for pathetic? This is absolutely embarrasing for iRacing.com "

EDIT 2: Apparently Dave Kaemmer was a moderator imposter. lol They quickly removed a lot of the comments.

What a farce.
Nolan Scott - AWESOME JOB!!!!! well done coming 2nd in the iRacing World CUp Oval race final!
Why the hell are they in maintenance, all I want to do is hop on and run some laps offline.
^ prolly sorting out world cup stuff.

California finished last... with 19 points. LOL

DE AT CH won it with over 140 points I think.
-
world cup results (anttt69) DELETED by anttt69
-
world cup results (anttt69) DELETED by anttt69
Back on Iracing
world cup results
gratz de-at-ch we'll get you next time.
Andy K, whos team are you on?
Attached images
wcresult.JPG
Quote from stablex :nolan scott - awesome job!!!!! Well done coming 2nd in the iracing world cup oval race final!

+1!
Ok. I have just started to play iRacing. Got my license and everything now. I hope its as good as everyone says it is or am going to be annoyed

Edit: just did my first race on it. Was in the Legends car on the Lanier National Speedway. Started 9th finshed 6th. No incidents. A Clean race and i can tell am going to enjoy this sim
Good stuff Keith, I hope you enjoy it. Remember to come and say hello in the Celtic club forum. We need all the help we can get to wrestle the Western European chamionship from the dastardly English :P

Oh and I'm Struan Robertson btw.
Quote from AlienT. :

Bah, i finished behind you yesterday in Radical. By 0,097s.
Quote from AlienT. :Good stuff Keith, I hope you enjoy it. Remember to come and say hello in the Celtic club forum. We need all the help we can get to wrestle the Western European chamionship from the dastardly English :P

ah thats who you are / he is

im the guy who's always moaning he cant last a race due to post viral fatigue syndrome AKA kev newnes
Quote from AlienT. :Good stuff Keith, I hope you enjoy it. Remember to come and say hello in the Celtic club forum. We need all the help we can get to wrestle the Western European chamionship from the dastardly English :P

Cheers Struan. I hope i can help us on beating the English. I can't think of anything better to do

Just done my 2nd race of iRacing. In the oval again the same as before and i started 9th. This time i was able to get to 5th and stay there. Would of been able to get 4th if the English guy infront didn't do so well defending his postion. Good race i enjoyed it. Am starting to really like this sim already.
Quote from 1993weeman :
Edit: just did my first race on it. Was in the Legends car on the Lanier National Speedway. Started 9th finshed 6th. No incidents. A Clean race and i can tell am going to enjoy this sim

Lies. There ARE no clean rookie Legends races!
Quote from MadCat360 :Lies. There ARE no clean rookie Legends races!

Well that one was. The last one i had wasn't clean. one masisive accident but it happened just behind me.
Ive noticed that too. Legends @ Lanier used to be a wreck fest but these last two months its been quite clean. My oval SR is actualy going up, which is a bloody miracle considering my recent road form.
Quote from Kid222 :Bah, i finished behind you yesterday in Radical. By 0,097s.

Hehe! I remember you well. My front left tyre was gone and was really struggling to hold it together on that last lap. I could see you catching me quickly there mate, no way was I letting you past....good fun though and I had to prize (unsticky) my fingers off the wheel after that race
Anyone else going to run the 500? I think its going to be a wreckfest but I'm going to try it, will be a SERIOUSLY long race if you don't get taken out, I'm thinking 3 hours minimum.
I gave it a fleeting thought Ben. But then for the whole communities sake, decided I would sit this one out.
i'm in, Ben!
Quote from UncleBenny :Anyone else going to run the 500? I think its going to be a wreckfest but I'm going to try it, will be a SERIOUSLY long race if you don't get taken out, I'm thinking 3 hours minimum.

Is it 500 miles or 500K?
Yup, like SilverArrows said its 200 laps, 500 miles. Main drawback I see for this thing is that unlike the real Daytona, the high line doesn't really work in iRacing and its just going to be a single file train most of the race. Once all the wreckers crash out of your server(first 20-30 laps probably) I feel like its going to go green for a while in the middle of the race, getting in and out of the pits as clean as possible so you don't lose the draft is going to be huge.

I can't wait to read all the "I got taken out in T1 of a 200 lap race" posts on the forums, hopefully I'm not writing one of them though.
could be worse imagine how you'll feel if you get taken out after 190 laps
Anyone running the trucks @ Charlotte this week? I thought i'd give it a go before my sub expires, despite not being a fan of oval it really is quite good.

I feel another addiction coming on .
This thread is closed

iRacing
(13603 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG