The online racing simulator
iRacing
(13603 posts, closed, started )
Well i think i could spare $25 for something that would cost $60 normally, im talking about new computer skint.
Well sure, but you might well end up getting hooked onto it. A lot of other people have, understandably.
Quote :Well i have a DELL from 2003 i think, its says intel platinum 4 on the outside and plays LFS on lowish graphics at about 60 FPS fine. Will it be good enough?

Hold the Windows key and tap pause/Break
This will show you your CPU, speed and RAM
Quote from pearcy_2k7 :Not good enough then?

I won't be upgrading for a long time, im not into computers at all so don't have that big of a desire to upgrade plus im skint atm.

Pecky, ive never blocked you

I'm pretty sure you have no hope with that rig, 1gb of RAM is barely enough let alone 512, and the rest of your system will struggle to run it at minimum IMO. Your best bet would be a new mobo+CPU+RAM+GFX and possible PSU upgrade, which could be as cheap as 200 - 300 quid if you don't go mad.
So just a stupid question is there a demo available or what for iRacing? or just have to up and buy it to see what its like?
Right got an EVGA 8800GTS sitting gathering dust, will run LFS and iRacing(on one screen) nae bother. I will send it to anyone that needs it for the price of shipping +£20. It's a good card just can't be arsed to package it properly or clean all the dust of it! It does work very well but upgraded recently to GTX 275 cos i needed a decent 3 screen view.

Anyone I know on here can get the 8800GTS for free if I know them.

Just reply and a card that runs well can be yours! Just don't expext me to package it like I loved it!

Edit: Gone to a good home
Quote from AlienT. :Right got an EVGA 8800GTS sitting gathering dust, will run LFS and iRacing(on one screen) nae bother. I will send it to anyone that needs it for the price of shipping +£20. It's a good card just can't be arsed to package it properly or clean all the dust of it! It does work very well but upgraded recently to GTX 275 cos i needed a decent 3 screen view.

Anyone I know on here can get the 8800GTS for free if I know them.

(Ye I know that sounds stupid)

Just reply and a card that runs well can be yours! Just don't expext me to package it like I loved it!

That's very kind of you! Too bad I don't need anything.
thats the trouble with offers, there's always a better one appearing soon. thing is if you wait for the better offer you'll never get anything as you'll always be waiting
Quote from tinvek :thats the trouble with offers, there's always a better one appearing soon. thing is if you wait for the better offer you'll never get anything as you'll always be waiting

True, just annoying when it so recent to when i signed up.
Quote from richard dk :3 months 25$ including a FREE Daytona

http://www.iracing.com/fathersday.html

I signed for 3 months. Thanks for the tip

I just finished my first race in the solstice and it was a mess. Very bad driving from others, crashes everywhere.

6 laps of fun and no more.

I was crashed from behind when I was trying to carefully overtake one guy that doesn't know what blue flag is.

Then I tried to finish the race with damaged car, obeying blue flags, then one guy comes and puts me out of the road. I mean, I gave him all the road and he still manages to crash me in straight line.

This looks that I am joking but its true. I was trying not to push to much the car. It's not hard to drive.

Just one guy alone managed to finish without crash

I really thought iRacing was all about clean racing, but apparently no. Hope to have fun races in the future
Quote from tiagolapa :I signed for 3 months. Thanks for the tip

I just finished my first race in the solstice and it was a mess. Very bad driving from others, crashes everywhere.

6 laps of fun and no more.

I was crashed from behind when I was trying to carefully overtake one guy that doesn't know what blue flag is.

Then I tried to finish the race with damaged car, obeying blue flags, then one guy comes and puts me out of the road. I mean, I gave him all the road and he still manages to crash me in straight line.

This looks that I am joking but its true. I was trying not to push to much the car. It's not hard to drive.

Just one guy alone managed to finish without crash

I really thought iRacing was all about clean racing, but apparently no. Hope to have fun races in the future

The occasional crap Rookie race, which seems to happen a bit too often. Once you get passed Rookie you will see a world of difference.
Bad luck on your first race, dude. I've had ALOT of clean races lately, and it just keeps getting better.
Agreed. The racing in C+ is usually super clean and competitive. Actually, it's the cleanest sim racing I've ever seen.
I've been racing the Spec Racer alot lately, and even there the racing is clean. Quite a few errors from some, but wheel to wheel racing is the norm. And the thing about the lower classes, most guys buckle real easy under pressure..
Quote from atledreier :I've been racing the Spec Racer alot lately, and even there the racing is clean. Quite a few errors from some, but wheel to wheel racing is the norm. And the thing about the lower classes, most guys buckle real easy under pressure..

Yes and yes. I've been door to door with people in the SRF races, rubbing paint but with no incidents, not even a 0x. Lots of fun.
31 races, contact with other cars twice. Cleanest racing I've ever had.
Hey guys. I just finished my second race. I came 2nd, great clean race. I managed to finish without contact or doing any mistake.

But my lap time at Lime Rock sucks 1:5.69 and the 1st did 1:3.xx

A few more races like this and I can drive the Ford. Cant wait
Quote from titanLS :Agreed. The racing in C+ is usually super clean and competitive. Actually, it's the cleanest sim racing I've ever seen.

I'm still in Rookie class and have found he racing to be pretty clean for the most part. Sure lots of mistakes are made, but it is the Rookie class after all, it has to be expected to a certain extent.

Quote from tiagolapa :Hey guys. I just finished my second race. I came 2nd, great clean race. I managed to finish without contact or doing any mistake.

But my lap time at Lime Rock sucks 1:5.69 and the 1st did 1:3.xx

A few more races like this and I can drive the Ford. Cant wait

Less brakes, more speed through the corner That was the biggest thing I noticed watching others, you can carry a lot of speed through the corners.

My top tip for iRacing, practice. I put in a lot of practice laps at Lime Rock and then a few time trials before I ventured into a race.
Quote from FooAtari :
Less brakes, more speed through the corner That was the biggest thing I noticed watching others, you can carry a lot of speed through the corners.

My top tip for iRacing, practice. I put in a lot of practice laps at Lime Rock and then a few time trials before I ventured into a race.

Yep. My fear was doing mistakes in the race so I took it easy
Quote from tiagolapa :Yep. My fear was doing mistakes in the race so I took it easy

well done mate. Especially after your first race nightmare

2nd place and clean is good!

Next week is Laguna
The new split system seems to be working great, too! Last few races have been very close and there's always a battle to be had. Much less spread out field and you still have a shot for some points even if you're back a bit. I even got my first win last night, after a GREAT battle. About 8 or 9 laps of proper RACING at Laguna Seca, and none of os made any mistakes. Was SO satisfying outbraking him into T11, then getting the white flag and knowing I had an advantage. I knew after so many laps where his strengts and weaknesses were and knew where I had to be careful and where I could pull away. Won by 2,3 seconds. I was pumped for hours after the race!
Quote from atledreier :The new split system seems to be working great, too! Last few races have been very close and there's always a battle to be had. Much less spread out field and you still have a shot for some points even if you're back a bit. I even got my first win last night, after a GREAT battle. About 8 or 9 laps of proper RACING at Laguna Seca, and none of os made any mistakes. Was SO satisfying outbraking him into T11, then getting the white flag and knowing I had an advantage. I knew after so many laps where his strengts and weaknesses were and knew where I had to be careful and where I could pull away. Won by 2,3 seconds. I was pumped for hours after the race!

I'm just pleased to keep it on the track at Laguna in the Spec Racer. I'm looking forward to the skippy there though. That'll be fun. It's hard work keeping everything together for the whole race and as you said, getting a win from a huge effort like that is very rewarding
This thread is closed

iRacing
(13603 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG