The online racing simulator
iRacing
(13603 posts, closed, started )
Quote from boothy :Knockhill + Legends = best combo ever.

Oh god, I haven't been that excited by a thought since I was 12 and imagining the type of fun I could have with the twins from 'Fun House'

(lets see howm many ask who)
Quote from DeadWolfBones :And since the same guys own/manage it...

Yup, I'm very hopeful that we'll see it.

I'll keep mentioning it in every track thread in the iRacing forums until they give in
Meh you can't have the 1 month trial without your paypal being linked with a credit card
Quote from boothy :Knockhill + Legends = best combo ever.

someone should send them some footage as they always seem to be brilliant on motors tv.

of cours eif they're going to scan a track for legends they may as well do the track the european distributor uses as a base as well, nothing to do with it being my local track honest
This was also announced yesterday:

Quote :June 12,2009 - Australian Server Farm Enhances iRacing’s World-Class Infrastructure

With this week’s introduction of a Sydney-based server farm to our delivery system, iRacing.com can now, literally, boast a world-class hosted infrastructure. Like our existing facility near Boston, the Australian facility consists of a collection of servers and sophisticated networking equipment in a Tier 1 data center with 24/7 monitoring and multiple Internet links. Together, the server farms insure that iRacing will continue providing state-of-the-art service to its members around the world.

Mazda + Milwaukee combo has been kind to me once again, it's been far too long since I've had a victory but today everything went just right. I have to say that winning feels so much better when you've been fighting for it through out the whole race, on road courses that doesn't always happen because gaps get fairly large.

Anyways, looking forward to next week on Silverstone, I remember enjoying that track as it's quite high speed circuit with good overtaking oppoturnities.
2nd year member, woot!

^Not counting beta.
Quote from PMD9409 :2nd year member, woot!

^Not counting beta.

overall thought to year one?
favourite combo?
The progress they have made so far, from beta, has been crazy. When I joined they didn't have a C class car for road or oval, let alone B and A. They have released twice as many tracks as LFS has in general, which is a pretty good accomplishment.

After one year, they are already working in different countries outside America, which IMO is a big plus. Having opportunities in Europe, Asia, and Australia makes me think I am going to have a small hole in my pocket.

I am also surprised with the amount the iR staff actually listens to the members. I know they don't do every little thing we ask, but they do some stuff that is really important that they members ask for. They also seem to listen to us when we request 24hr fun races (today's Trucks@Michigan).

There is so many things I am missing, I just know that I am really pleased with the service so far (racing is as clean as MoE in the top classes), and hopefully they keep at it with the content, physics, leagues, and small member requests.

Favorite combo? Psh! Lets make it combos!
- DP&Rad - Daytona and Sebring
- Rad - Road America
- Legends - Lowes Legend oval
- Legends - 75% of the road courses
- Latemodel - USA, Oxford
- Impalas+truck - Daytona
- Trucks - Vegas and Phoenix

List goes on, but I'll stop.
Quote from PMD9409 :The progress they have made so far, from beta, has been crazy. When I joined they didn't have a C class car for road or oval, let alone B and A. They have released twice as many tracks as LFS has in general, which is a pretty good accomplishment.

After one year, they are already working in different countries outside America, which IMO is a big plus. Having opportunities in Europe, Asia, and Australia makes me think I am going to have a small hole in my pocket.

I am also surprised with the amount the iR staff actually listens to the members. I know they don't do every little thing we ask, but they do some stuff that is really important that they members ask for. They also seem to listen to us when we request 24hr fun races (today's Trucks@Michigan).

There is so many things I am missing, I just know that I am really pleased with the service so far (racing is as clean as MoE in the top classes), and hopefully they keep at it with the content, physics, leagues, and small member requests.

Favorite combo? Psh! Lets make it combos!
- DP&Rad - Daytona and Sebring
- Rad - Road America
- Legends - Lowes Legend oval
- Legends - 75% of the road courses
- Latemodel - USA, Oxford
- Impalas+truck - Daytona
- Trucks - Vegas and Phoenix

List goes on, but I'll stop.

I don't think it's fair to compare the development to LFS especially considering iRacing gets in a lot more money and continuously...... [besides, you'll get tracks when Eric is ready. He made that quite clear].

Interesting thoughts though
Quote from StableX :I don't think it's fair to compare the development to LFS especially considering iRacing gets in a lot more money and continuously...... [besides, you'll get tracks when Eric is ready. He made that quite clear].

Interesting thoughts though

I was just saying there has 10+ tracks that have been released since last June. I wasn't putting LFS "down", even though it's so easy to do that I could understand the misunderstanding.
Quote from PMD9409 :I was just saying there has 10+ tracks that have been released since last June. I wasn't putting LFS "down", even though it's so easy to do that I could understand the misunderstanding.

sorry my misunderstanding.....
It's still 356 a year.
Quote from AtomAnt :It's still 356 a year.

What twisted little butterfly told you that one?
Even 19:00 a month maybe 9:95.....i paid 48 CND . once. That's less than 1.2 a year.

and you were saying?
I have until August 3rd myself. I am still blown away by the sim. It always is moving forward. Every track released seems to be just a little nicer than what we already have. I never thought they would put out a track higher quality than watkins...and then Road Atlanta comes and the quality is even higher. They seem to be getting better in every area as time goes on.

A huge +1 to the staff listening to us. Even if it isn't acknowledged on the forum, it still makes it on a to do list somewhere. I made a suggestion one time about the cars becoming blurry at an angle even with the highest AA and AF settings...and in the last patch they release higher quality car textures. I'm not taking full credit for it..but I sure feel like they listened to my suggestion!

It really irks me on the iracing forum when people discredit the work they've done so far. There are some people that only want specific things..and if they aren't delivered then they discredit all the work that has been done. Partly I can understand, but otoh if they're so worried about where their money is going then they should just shut up and be racing 24/7 to get the most for their money. Wouldn't want to waste any of the precious time now would they :P

I'm truly caught hook line and sinker. I think I will be around for a long time. I do not like quite a few things about the service, and there are some things I really want to be developped further...but I won't start bitching until a lack of progress is shown. So far there have been big steps taken every 12 weeks.

The only thing I'm not looking forward to is that $156 in a couple months
Quote from AtomAnt :Even 19:00 a month maybe 9:95.....i paid 48 CND . once. That's less than 1.2 a year.

and you were saying?

156 U.S. dollars = 174.48591 Canadian dollars

???

Its bold because I copy/pasted from google
Plus we have a Forum, well established. We got peeps we can Bi%ch at..any other smart Ideas?
Quote from spanks :156 U.S. dollars = 174.48591 Canadian dollars

???

Its bold because I copy/pasted from google

48 Paid in 2003...here it is 2009...

Do the math man.
I'm Canadian..don't do USA RATES
And one other thing...you sell me a driving game less than LFS that looks sounds acts as good...dam you be one smart MoFo...
But alas, you're an IRace hype
Quote from spanks :I have until August 3rd myself. I am still blown away by the sim. It always is moving forward. Every track released seems to be just a little nicer than what we already have. I never thought they would put out a track higher quality than watkins...and then Road Atlanta comes and the quality is even higher. They seem to be getting better in every area as time goes on.

A huge +1 to the staff listening to us. Even if it isn't acknowledged on the forum, it still makes it on a to do list somewhere. I made a suggestion one time about the cars becoming blurry at an angle even with the highest AA and AF settings...and in the last patch they release higher quality car textures. I'm not taking full credit for it..but I sure feel like they listened to my suggestion!

It really irks me on the iracing forum when people discredit the work they've done so far. There are some people that only want specific things..and if they aren't delivered then they discredit all the work that has been done. Partly I can understand, but otoh if they're so worried about where their money is going then they should just shut up and be racing 24/7 to get the most for their money. Wouldn't want to waste any of the precious time now would then :P

I'm truly caught hook line and sinker. I think I will be around for a long time. I do not like quite a few things about the service, and there are some things I really want to be developped further...but I won't start bitching until a lack of progress is shown. So far there have been big steps taken every 12 weeks.

The only thing I'm not looking forward to is that $156 in a couple months

See he said I Didn't know...this is less than s1 , not that I didn't have fun..but not at $4.38 a month...still to high
ehhhh, took down the flame bait
Looks like Atom's back to his old self again. This should get interesting.
Does this aussie server mean australasians racer each other now with low pings (im guessing everyone raced on US servers before hand?). I might give the game a trial if this is the case.
This thread is closed

iRacing
(13603 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG