The online racing simulator
iRacing
(13603 posts, closed, started )
Obviously this is very huge news.

This will bring more money, people, and more importance to iracing. Think of the publicity this is going to get. I think this is going to carry a lot of momentum behind it and really carry iracing to the next level. It won't be instantly, but hopefully this will show a shift in pace a little. Its going very quickly as it is...but more stuff = more fun :]

There was an iracing staff post that the Lotus is drivable and very fun. It should be out next season. None of it was official however...but I'd imagine he'd get in loads of trouble for saying something like that without it happening.
i just tried the Spec Racer Ford for the 1st time around Laguna Seca. I'm only using the default advanced setup atm, but this car is a blast to drive. I'm gonna probably destroy my SR by jumping into a race with so little practice. My best time sofar's a 1'43 w/ my 911 turbo wheel and gated shifter. I should probably be in the low 1'40's before I race...

Whats funny is that 1'43 I just did felt like a great white knuckle ride with all the crazy lift off oversteer and sliding and left food braking and healtoe downshifting. If this car is giving me so much joy. i cant imagine how crazy the lotus is going to be.
May 16, 2009 -
iRacing.com is proud to announce it's joining forces with NASCAR to create the sanctioning body's first officially licensed and sanctioned online competition division. The fact that iRacing is now a partner in NASCAR-Sanctioned Online Racing is not only a landmark development for the company, it's a tribute to the talent, competitive spirit and sportsmanship of the more than 12,000 members who have joined the iRacing family since 2008.

"Our members are passionate about racing," said John Henry, iRacing's co-founder and chairman. "They love to drive, and they love to compete. And they do it in the context of their overall love for racing in both the physical and virtual worlds. We're pleased that iRacing has been chosen as the home of NASCAR-Sanctioned Online Racing and expect that many of NASCAR's most avid fans will find iRacing's NASCAR-sanctioned series a great way to deepen their connection to and enjoyment of the sport."

The new partnership represents a bit of déjà vu for iRacing co-founder, CEO and CTO Dave Kaemmer whose previous company, Papyrus Design Group, developed several popular NASCAR simulation titles including the ever-popular NASCAR Racing: 2003 Season.

"This is sort of a homecoming for me and several members of the development team," Kaemmer said. "Our NASCAR roots date back to the 1990s. We're thrilled NASCAR shares our vision of internet racing as a new branch of motorsport. With the power of NASCAR behind us, iRacing and our growing global community are about to take another big step forward."

The new partnership was announced this afternoon at Lowe's Motor Speedway during a press conference hosted jointly by NASCAR and iRacing.com, and attended by representatives from many leading media outlets in the motor sports arena. They heard NASCAR officials confirm what iRacing members already know, regardless of the cars or series in which they compete.

"The iRacing product is so realistic that a number of our NASCAR drivers, including Dale Earnhardt, Jr., Brad Keselowski, A.J. Allmendinger, Marcos Ambrose and Colin Braun are already iRacing members," said Blake Davidson, NASCAR managing director of licensed products. "From the beginning these drivers have raved about the incredible accuracy of the cars and the tracks that iRacing has produced and their involvement, along with NASCAR Competition, in the development will make the experience even more authentic."

The fact that NASCAR iRacing will be "authentic NASCAR competition" was underlined by the fact that Robin Pemberton, NASCAR's vice president of competition, was much in evidence at the announcement.

"Over the years, many of our drivers have helped develop their skills by participating in virtual training like iRacing," he said. "It's exciting to now have an online NASCAR-sanctioned series like iRacing that will be entertaining for our fans and help provide them with a greater understanding of what it takes to be a NASCAR race car driver."

Further details on the 2010 NASCAR-sanctioned series will be made available later this year.

!!!!Yes I know it was posted on a link before!
more teasers... well its nice to hear they're working on the corvette.
Quote from pmd9409 :a day in the life of a cat herder....#9

Quote :for international licensing news, we just literally inked a deal five minutes ago for two tracks outside of north america and expect we will annouce this........wait for it.........soon!

+

Quote :And finally for one last tease, we have announced two of the three tin tops I had promised earlier (Ford GT, Mustang FR500s) and the third will be announced very soon, hopefully accompanied by an international track….

=

Could it be that we finnaly get a BTCC style car at knockhill.
Quote from Mackie The Staggie :
Could it be that we finnaly get a BTCC style car at knockhill.

After Marcos Ambrose's involvement in the sim the last few months, most people are leaning towards the V8 Supercar as well as maybe a couple of Australian tracks.

Who knows, I'll end up pleased (tin-tops FTW!).
Quote from PMD9409 :After Marcos Ambrose's involvement in the sim the last few months, most people are leaning towards the V8 Supercar as well as maybe a couple of Australian tracks.

If that happens, that could quite easily push me over the edge back into iRacing, especially if its Bathurst!!!!!
Quote from Quint999 :Bathurst would be fantastic, wasnt there very strong rumours Spa had been scanned already ?

Spa was either already scanned or they were getting it done in the near future (which could mean now).

When you read the blog, you will notice he says that they are close to announcing a car and track, but then he also says that they just signed two more tracks 5 minutes ago.

So that is 3 tracks and 1 car, what they are, who knows.

Prediction (since I got nothing else to do in class right now :razz:
Car: V8 Supercar
Tracks: Bathurst, Oran Park/Eastern Creek, and Spa.

Expect Indianapolis soon as well.
oran park was laser scanned for rfactor. but it wasnt done to the same level as iRacing tracks.
Quote from PMD9409 :After Marcos Ambrose's involvement in the sim the last few months, most people are leaning towards the V8 Supercar as well as maybe a couple of Australian tracks.

I doubt it.. a guy at the iRacing forums sent an e-mail to V8SCA pleading them to do a deal with iRacing. Here's the reply he got:

Quote :"...Many thanks for your feedback re iRacing.

We are currently in the process of exploring the concept with iRacing,
and obviously would need to reach agreement on commercial terms before
we proceeded with a deal with them.

So there is still some work to be done but please rest assured that we
are speaking with them to explore the possibility of V8 Supercars being
included.

Thanks again for your feedback, it is really valuable to assist us with
making sure we are looking at being involved with products which are in
line with what the V8 fans are interested in..."

This was yesterday, so that's probably not what the Cat Herder was talking about.
Quote from Gnomie :I doubt it.. a guy at the iRacing forums sent an e-mail to V8SCA pleading them to do a deal with iRacing. Here's the reply he got:

This was yesterday, so that's probably not what the Cat Herder was talking about.

Don't ruin our dreams!
if nothing else, Indycar or the Corvette at Bathurst sounds good

Skippy would be a handful!
In Road i`m #92... In Oval I`m no where...
We could possibly be getting the corvette in 10 days!

The original PR release said it would be released in conjunction with the race on June 13th.

There hasn't been any word yet...

speculate speculate speculate!

http://www.iracing.com/newsEvents/article.php?id=89
Stop it Spanks! Now I'm going to spend all day on the 13th pressing F5 key ya sod!

I'd be surprised if they brought it out mid iRacing season but you never know.
Quote from UncleBenny :So did any LFSers make the initial Pro series list?

http://members.iracing.com/iforum/thread.jspa?threadID=38273

My oval rating has been improving now that I've gotten a handle on the truck, don't think I'll be anywhere near the top 250 in 2 months though.

188th in road (don't race much), and 121st in oval (iR and SR just went up after last race with Jr.). Everyone will be racing like crazy at the end of this season, should be pretty crazy to watch the numbers change.

Quote from spanks :We could possibly be getting the corvette in 10 days!

The original PR release said it would be released in conjunction with the race on June 13th.

Screw you and your speculation! Stop playing mind games with me!
Quote from spanks :We could possibly be getting the corvette in 10 days!

And to this Tim Wheatley says:

"Thanks for your patience everyone. I asked yesterday after seeing this thread, but didn't get a response in time to post before I had to leave for the evening.

Unfortunately, the Corvette is unlikely to make the new build coming at seasons end as we are waiting on some data. The time of the people who would be building it has been spent elsewhere while they were unable to do this and as soon as they can do it, they'll be back on it.

Current estimate is now late summer.

I'm going to close this thread because of how it has degraded, you are welcome to start a new thread discussing the new information I have given you.
"

Noooooooooooooooooooooooo
Quote from UncleBenny :Unfortunately, the Corvette is unlikely to make the new build coming at seasons end as we are waiting on some data. The time of the people who would be building it has been spent elsewhere while they were unable to do this and as soon as they can do it, they'll be back on it.

Any whining yet?
Quote from zeugnimod :Any whining yet?

Nah, they're so happy that the iRacing guys warned them of the delay early!

I swear the fanboyism over there is some of the worst I've seen. Not that I'm complaining about the Corvette, I was pretty sure it wouldn't be out by this time anyway, I was hoping for end of the season though.

There was some whining a week or two ago about the lack of drivers in A/B class races especially on the road side, of course the iRacing devs didn't make any mention of how they're going to fix the problem.
I must say its getting pretty frustrating to hop on the sim at night here on the west coast and see 0-10 people at most in any series.

The most really for the prototype and radical is like 2-4 people.

I just want some cars out there during open practice..it makes it much more enjoyable.
This thread is closed

iRacing
(13603 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG