The online racing simulator
iRacing
(13603 posts, closed, started )
As soon as iRacing accept paypal i will be joining up.
I took part in my first Silverado race the other day since the latest patch. All I can say is WOW!!!! The system has really improved loads.

With the new spotter and the excellent way in which the pace car is integrated on a crash and then puts each car in the right order is exceptional!

Really a stunning improvement

The immersion you now get is really top notch, even though you now get more tense
I didn't think much of spotter before as I've never tried it in any game, but I have to agree that it's a really good for ovals on bigger cars.
I was just really impressed with how the pace car came out and the system told you where to be on the track and ordered all the cars back up. It was really good

However, for me having to do 100 laps with the Silverado was a bit long
I'm seriously tempted to buy the CST pedals.

They have a 6 week wait on em though...and cost $700 + shipping

I would never ever consider buying them, but I won some money playing poker

iRacing is not wallet friendly.
Quote from spanks :

I would never ever consider buying them, but I won some money playing poker

OT: Ive been hot recently on poker also, where do you play (Just curious)?
Quote from th84 :OT: Ive been hot recently on poker also, where do you play (Just curious)?

full tilt. I'm gonna move over to cake once my withdrawals go through. I got 3rd or 4th in a donkament for $1100 and ran it up a little more. Full tilt found my 2nd account I had after I tried to withdraw and quickly ended that...so I lost rakeback. Cake is a super small site, but has 33% rakeback and another bonus to clear.

....wow

so awesome
Update coming tomorrow morning! 7:55 EST

A slew of steering ratios for both the truck and the COT...and the daytona prototype finallyyyyyyyy

I doubt I'm ever going to get to 4.0 B though...
Damn, just as I bought pickup truck and Impala, maintenance kicks in :cry:
Quote from Crommi :Damn, just as I bought pickup truck and Impala, maintenance kicks in :cry:

Man, the truck is brilliant. Word of advice for this week's track, LOWES, try the default setup for texas rather than Lowes.

I'll try to find you on practice when the site comes back up. Let me know what you think of the Impala...

===========
where's that picture from spanks for the old F1 car?
Quote from StableX :Man, the truck is brilliant. Word of advice for this week's track, LOWES, try the default setup for texas rather than Lowes.

Or Vegas (possibly with the gear ratio set to 3.82 instead of 3.89). Seems a little less loose overall and still doesn't get tight in the draft.
Quote from Linsen :Or Vegas (possibly with the gear ratio set to 3.82 instead of 3.89). Seems a little less loose overall and still doesn't get tight in the draft.

I'll try that, thanks....

Also, if you do have any good setups to share, feel free to add them to our download area at RSR.

Thanks again. Damn, I want to try the RILEY
My F5 key is worn down to a damn stump at this point.
Quote from StableX :Also, if you do have any good setups to share, feel free to add them to our download area at RSR.

lol, Andy, I wish I was even remotely capable of creating setups myself. I'm useless and rely completely on the goodwill of other people to post theirs. I wish it was different, but I just don't have the time to dig into the art of setup making.
Quote from Linsen :lol, Andy, I wish I was even remotely capable of creating setups myself. I'm useless and rely completely on the goodwill of other people to post theirs. I wish it was different, but I just don't have the time to dig into the art of setup making.

yeah, same here.... that's why I just download them
I found the texas setup to be little too loose for my taste, found a decent and safe set from club forums and going to try my luck again in second race. First race got ruined during pace lap when someone lost control of their pickup while heating up tires
Quote from Crommi :I found the texas setup to be little too loose for my taste, found a decent and safe set from club forums and going to try my luck again in second race. First race got ruined during pace lap when someone lost control of their pickup while heating up tires

yeah, I've done one race at LOWES and I lost 0.6 of my SR due to crashes but I love the racing.... pace car is cool and the system
Quote from StableX :yeah, I've done one race at LOWES and I lost 0.6 of my SR due to crashes but I love the racing.... pace car is cool and the system

Yeah, I'm loving it. Second race I actually made it to finish even if I took plenty of incident points due to wearing out my tires. Going to do one more race for tonight and hopefully third time is the charm

Edit: It wasn't, went from good to bad really quickly but I still had fun.
Quick decent-quality video of the Prototype. TV Cam hotlap @ Road America - http://files.filefront.com/ira ... /;13278358;/fileinfo.html

Excuse the bad driving and the music. Had issues with fraps and sound for some reason. Just mute it if you don't like it.

Really getting into iRacing, even though I mostly just play offline in practice sessions when I get time it's still a really solid sim. Shame it's expensive, but meh, you get what you pay for. Will gladly pay for good-quality content which it's currently delivering. Really should try online sometime, though...
if you do find yourself online Ryan, make sure you're ready for hour+ long stints...they continuously kick my ass

I'm more of an open practice guy myself too
Quote from spanks :if you do find yourself online Ryan, make sure you're ready for hour+ long stints...they continuously kick my ass

I'm more of an open practice guy myself too

whats your iRacing name Spanky?

I'm Kirschetorte....
Daniel McClelland
This thread is closed

iRacing
(13603 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG