The online racing simulator
iRacing
(13603 posts, closed, started )
This Riley DP is just awesome, but does call for some accurate pedals.

Spanks, have you considered the Fanatec clubsport pedals instead of CST, to save money? I'm waiting on the review but will most likely pick them up when they are released.
SRT just reviewed them, i think.
Quote from titanLS :This Riley DP is just awesome, but does call for some accurate pedals.

Spanks, have you considered the Fanatec clubsport pedals instead of CST, to save money? I'm waiting on the review but will most likely pick them up when they are released.

you know I looked at them for quite some time...and I just don't think it'd be a big enough improvement to really justify a purchase. I would bank on that the CST's are going to be above and beyond what I can imagine...seeing as how everyone says they're the best available and makes the g25 pedals feel like old plastic logitech ones. That and hanging pedals really intrigue me.

Still not sure if I'm going to spring for them though. The 6 week wait is playing a big part in my decision...I don't really want to wait that long. Also, I want to make sure the money actually makes it into the bank before I dedicate a huge chunk towards something like that.
Grr! stop teasing and talking about the prototype...I've just moved house and am waiting to get my broadband back up and running, only dial up for now

OT Andy I canny get onto RSR website with this shitey connection??? any ideas mate?

Strangely GTR Evo against the AI is not half bad when your internet is goofed.

And yep I will be renewing my iracing subscription later this year

Oh and totally off topic (can't be bothered to start a new thread sorry), My own PC does not have a modem so I am using my daughters atm, she has Vista and I have XP on mine. So is it the slow dial up connection or perhaps Vista that is causing me problems getting on to websites?? I'm a Vista newb and I no likey it.
Argh, LRP can be such a pain in the arse. Been trying to improve my TT all day long, only need to improve it by 0.014 to take the lead in division standings for this week. Had a sweet run with mid 46's including new PB of 46.3 but messed it up on 6th lap by touching grass :banghead:
Quote from Crommi :Argh, LRP can be such a pain in the arse. Been trying to improve my TT all day long, only need to improve it by 0.014 to take the lead in division standings for this week. Had a sweet run with mid 46's including new PB of 46.3 but messed it up on 6th lap by touching grass :banghead:

Had that happen with the Radical at Barber, hopefully I am not the only one that goes insane when something like that happens.
Quote :March 03,2009 - iRacing Announces Premier Racing Series: iRacing Pro Series and Drivers World Championships Launch

Internet Racing takes another important step in its development as a recognized global sport with the addition of two new rungs at the top of iRacing’s ladders of advancement for Oval and Road Racing. Open to the top 250 iRacers in each category, the inaugural iRacing Pros Series for Ovals and iRacing Pro Series for Road Racing will launch in early August. And, starting in February, 2010, the top 50 drivers in each category will be invited to participate in the inaugural iRacing Drivers World Championship for Ovals and iRacing Drivers World Championship for Road Racing to crown the year’s best internet racers.

Each of these four elite series is expected to be broadcast and will feature trophies and prizes for top finishers – including prize packages valued at $10,000 for the winners of the iRacing Drivers World Championships.

For complete details, please read the iRacing Pro Series and iRacing Drivers World Championships pdf, available now in the Reference section.

Sounds exicting, even if I'm far too slow to make it into Pro Series
Quote from Crommi :Sounds exicting, even if I'm far too slow to make it into Pro Series

Lies, you're Finnish, therefore far too fast for the Pro Series.

Quote from dawesdust_12 :Lies, you're Finnish, therefore far too fast for the Pro Series.

I'm not even in top100 anymore for road ratings
I started playing last week and I'm having a blast.

One of the great benefits for me is I get to learn VIR before actually going there. Summit Point Main is another track that the national amateur motorcycle racing league runs.
Quote from Forbin :I started playing last week and I'm having a blast.

One of the great benefits for me is I get to learn VIR before actually going there. Summit Point Main is another track that the national amateur motorcycle racing league runs.

Let me know what your iRacing name is. I'll come race with ya some time. What car you taking around VIR?
Quote from AlienT. :This is a pretty thorough list of LFS'ers in iRacing, thanks to Jason.

http://www.sonicrealmsracing.c ... um/index.php?topic=1266.0

Psh! I'm not even in that and I've been in it since beta.

Awesome you are having fun Forbin, good to hear.

For the little I've been able to play iRacing, I'm 173rd in oval, going up fast. Road on the other hand I am about 50 points out, the funny thing is that one race can make you gain like 5-10 spots.

Might have to do some short races to build up some iRating.
Quote from StableX :Let me know what your iRacing name is. I'll come race with ya some time. What car you taking around VIR?

Nothing yet, haven't touched VIR, or a lot of tracks for that matter. I've done lots of racing with the Solstice @ Laguna Seca and the Skip Barber @ Lime Rock and Lowe's Road Course. Just started last week and got Class D this week.

I also took the Radical around Summit Jefferson a little in testing. That was interesting. I'm bummed they don't have Summit Shenandoah, though. I love that track, first one I was ever on in real life, on a bike though.

PB @ Shenandoah (counter-clockwise, no karousel) is 1:38.97 on a mostly stock 1990 Kawasaki EX500. The fast guys on modern 600's run 1:20's.

As for my iRacing name...

||
\/
I really didn't like Summit Point at first but then I did the TT in the Legends Advanced on it and loved it! Skippy is good fun too.

If you feel the urge, take part in the Legend Road TT. It's a lot of fun
Quote from Crommi :I'm not even in top100 anymore for road ratings

You still have plenty of a cushion at 3639, though. Not too long ago even I was in the top 250 for RC-iRating with my measly 2400. Currently the cut-off for the top 250 (based on iRating alone and not factoring in SR) is a little over 2900 for both road and oval. I'd expect the bar to be raised a little till august, but +3500 should still be good enough I reckon.
Ok, I have got myself one of thise demo thingy / offline Iracing thing to test out, but has some questions.

Firstly, where the feck is the menu button? Esc, F keys or anything, when I have started racing there is no way to get back to option screen or something.

Secondly, how to I change camera? The cockpit veiw just isn't my thing (don't worry, not planning to use chase veiw, roofcam was in my mind).

Thirdly (any word named that by the way?) my trottle inside the game is weird. It automatically gives full trottle, and the way to solve this is to press the trottle lol, everything is reversed, the turning aswell. Any suggestions?

Thanks for any help
Quote from The Very End :Firstly, where the feck is the menu button? Esc, F keys or anything, when I have started racing there is no way to get back to option screen or something.

You can't get into the menu while on track. You have to stop the car and press and hold Esc.

Quote :Secondly, how to I change camera? The cockpit veiw just isn't my thing (don't worry, not planning to use chase veiw, roofcam was in my mind).

Cockpit view is the only view available.

Quote :Thirdly (any word named that by the way?) my trottle inside the game is weird. It automatically gives full trottle, and the way to solve this is to press the trottle lol, everything is reversed, the turning aswell. Any suggestions?

I don't know, but I guess there should be an option somewhere to reverse the axes. Either within iRacing or in your profiler/driver software.
3. I had it happen once when messing around with different drivers, re-plugging and calibrating pedals fixed it.
I just got an offer for 3 months of iRacing for $25, might take that... could someone please tell me when the next season starts please? I want to get the 3 months at the last possible time so I know it will last for the whole season, but I don't know how to find it myself given I'm not currently subscribed
Only cockpit, no other veiws like custom roof / custom cockpit veiw?
Well, then that game can seriously **** off.

(sorry the language use, but now the game just got a bit more retarded, moving away any kind of choise).
Quote from Michael Denham :I just got an offer for 3 months of iRacing for $25, might take that... could someone please tell me when the next season starts please?

The next season starts May 3rd.
Quote from The Very End :Only cockpit, no other veiws like custom roof / custom cockpit veiw?

(sorry the language use, but now the game just got a bit more retarded, moving away any kind of choise).

it's a sim, not an arcade sim hahahaha!!!
Quote from The Very End :Only cockpit, no other veiws like custom roof / custom cockpit veiw?

We're better off without arcade racers.

Chasecams, hood cams, roof cams and all those bring unfair advantage to people using them. Everyone using cockpit view (which is what all simulators should force, including LFS) is the optimal choice and levels out the view advantage to the same level for everyone.
This thread is closed

iRacing
(13603 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG