The online racing simulator
iRacing
(13603 posts, closed, started )
Quote from MAGGOT :Any word on when Mosport will be coming? I've got the free Radical promotion code thing, but I haven't set up an account yet because I want to give Mosport a try too....

You will most likely have to wait a few months before it comes out. They have probably at least Road Atlanta, Miller Motorsport Park and Long Beach in the queue before Mosport, perhaps also Indianapolis.
With the hints about a new track being announced in May, I want to believe that Indy is coming.
Indycars are on their way was well.
Quote from SilverArrows77 :
The thought of purchasing all these additions has me a little worried though... subscription will be one thing and quite acceptable, but all those additions will soon add up to a fair amount....

My advice....get the content that you only need to compete in a season, then if/when you move up at the end of the season, you can then buy the extra content. It spreads the payment out evenly, and you don't notice it as much.

However I still treated myself to the COT and Talladega a couple nights back.
Quote from SilverArrows77 :The thought of purchasing all these additions has me a little worried though... subscription will be one thing and quite acceptable, but all those additions will soon add up to a fair amount....

Just looking at the stuff I haven't got at the moment, (I have the free trial with the Radical):

Cars = 8 x $15 = $120
Tracks = 21 = $395

As you can see, a lot of $$$...
My god Virtual IR is flooding it's news with new iracing cars

Doran GT:bowdown:
Quote from SilverArrows77 :Yep that will be the way to approach it for sure what im worried about is the temptation to treat myself (as you have ) and emptying my bank balance on new cars and tracks lol

I have 'treated' myself 2 times. 1 with the late model and Lowes raceway paid in majority with the free credits I got (total cost was about $5) then with the COT and dega again using iRacing credits (total cost < $5).

So planed correctly the cost can be spread out evenly, and even when treating yourself, I have so much fun blasting around in the COT in....any race track I can avoid treating myself again for a while

Next on the wish list is the Formula mazda...although if Indy is coming then I'm holding back.
Ok, my example was a bit extreme, but say you obviously wanted to do the Skippy then the Mazda - to do both series would cost $150 (- your credits)! Which, IMHO, is just insane!
Quote from SilverArrows77 :Yep that will be the way to approach it for sure what im worried about is the temptation to treat myself (as you have ) and emptying my bank balance on new cars and tracks lol

the thing is though.... why buy all the cars and tracks without the necessary licenses to drive and compete with them.........

Best way I have found with iRacing is when you get the yearly subscription, you get $60 in credit back to spend on content. If used wisely, and you go for buying 6 items at a time, you get 20% discount. With the $60 credit and the 20% discount, you almost buy a complete series, car and tracks.

I don't see the point in buying loads of tracks and cars if you want to compete in a series or a couple of series.
I have been trying to just buy 6 things at a time. This lets me take full advantage of the discount for multiple items, but still leaves me more stuff to buy so I can get the discount on future things that may come out in the future. It also spreads out the total cost and I keep getting that new content feeling over and over again.

Still expensive though, I'm not going to lie. And it doesn't help that it takes about 10 seconds to buy something new, really hard to hold yourself back some times when its that easy.
"And it doesn't help that it takes about 10 seconds to buy something new, really hard to hold yourself back some times when its that easy."

Yes I have that very problem...no regrets though.
I just keep telling myself "well, you know you're going to buy it eventually anyway...so why not right now...."
Quote from AlienT. :"And it doesn't help that it takes about 10 seconds to buy something new, really hard to hold yourself back some times when its that easy."

Yes I have that very problem...no regrets though.

If the Indycar comes mate, we have to do that.... you do know that don't you

For next season, I'll do the radicals with you
Quote from Rappa Z :Got in a race with Marcos Ambrose in the legends, was hoping I could race him but I got wrecked in the classic t1 incident.

Nice one mate, I hope you never wrecked him? lol
I wouldn't have had I gotten up to him. Off the first turn he had already put about a half a second between himself and second, and then someone along side me spun up the track...right to me.
I didn't even know Ambrose played iRacing, looks like he does modified races every once and a while though so maybe I'll see him on there. Last week I did the 6:15 and 10:15 on Wednesday, he did the 8:15, doh!
wish May would hurry up and get here, then i can finally get back to iRacing
Quote from UncleBenny :I didn't even know Ambrose played iRacing, looks like he does modified races every once and a while though so maybe I'll see him on there. Last week I did the 6:15 and 10:15 on Wednesday, he did the 8:15, doh!

Yeah, I've did some racing with him back during the 24hr fun thing at Lowes with the COT. He wasn't all that bad, kind of surprised me.

Oh and btw, it's not just 6 items to get 20% off, it's 6 or more, which screws me up.
ssssssssshhhhh
Any information on the progress of Miller Motorsports Park?

Its by far the most impressive racing facility in their track queue.
Finally did some Skippy racing to get my SR up for end of season promotions. Didn't like the car at first but it is a lot of fun once you get the hang of it. I'm looking forward to racing the Mazda next season.
iRacing does look awesome, too bad its just too expensive for me atm being unemployed and all
If you havent already, you can sign up for one of those free monthly trials, and then cancel before u have to pay . choose the one with the more interesting track if both cars are equally attractive. All your progess gets saved, and you can continue where you left off once you get the money, IIRC.
Just another quick license question because the season is ending soon:

Do I need to complete an entire season to license up? I moved up from rookie when there was 4 weeks left in the full seasons and I'm done with the current requirments.
This thread is closed

iRacing
(13603 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG