The online racing simulator
iRacing
(13603 posts, closed, started )
Quote from StableX :end of season tomorrow mate... could be why?

?

Next season they were changing the SK's from a daily series to a one day a week series, seems like a lot of people are against this though so hopefully iRacing sorts it out.
Quote from Crommi :But when you think of it, having it as Adv. Rookie car makes sense. Difference between locked and "open" setup Solstices were really small and it doesn't prepare you for Skippy. First time you get out on the track with Skippy, you exit pits and think "oh, this is kinda slow".... then you enter first corner and it kills you.

Spec Racer Ford should be much easier to drive and find the driving lines, power-steering in Solstice makes the feeling little numb and hard to figure out track characteristics.

It is a good progression, but it just goes to show that the system sucks for the higher licensed driver that still wants to race the slower cars.

I've never really been in favor of leagues, and never really had any complaints about the system they've got until now. I'm just not sure if its going to keep everyone happy long term.
They've got all this great content in the works, the problem they're going to run in to is that they don't have enough subscribers to race in all these series because the price is still keeping too many people away. The only way they can open up space for new series is to kill off old ones(that people still race), which is just going to piss people off. Their system works pretty well I'd say, but I don't think it has enough people to support it, and the problem is probably only going to get worse.
Is there a Trial , demo of this game?
Nope, it's Pay or gtfo with iracing.
Quote from SilverArrows77 :and also not running seasons with certain cars people have paid for will just annoy and anger those people.

This is exactly what happened with the new schedule. John Henry admitted that they have about twice as many series as they should, they killed a couple off and now people can't race with the content they paid for. They need to increase their users not kill off series that people signed up to race in.

And by increase users, I'm thinking lower prices. Its pretty much the only solution I see.
Quote from SilverArrows77 :yep, the more i look at the details of iRacing the more i see little flaws like this that make me question whether i will go down that route...

That said, im still keen on the system/format and can see its benefits and am keen to give it a shot once my new hardware and wheel get here, but it does make me wonder how successful its going to be in the future if it gets diluted with too much content for a minimal userbase

With all the effort that they've put in so far I can't see iRacing failing, but I think they're going to have to make some changes at some people to get more people to sign up. I'd love to see some numbers showing their subscription rate.
Quote from Xaid0n :Nope, it's Pay or gtfo with iracing.

Except for the free month, free track, and free car trial...

Go to the radical website, there should be a link to get a free trial.
I dont know if i have bad luck or what... my wheen was giving me problems so i sent it back to the company. and now this new replacement wheel is sometimes losing power on me. -_- i lost power=no steering so i smashed right into the wall

the outlet where the power supply plugs into the wheel doesnt quite fit, i think...
Maybe the most important info for those sitting on the fence: Paypal will be accepted starting with the next season (28th of April)! I know it has been mentioned, now it's official with a date...
Quote from bbman :starting with the next season (28th of April)!

Next season is a week later..this coming week is called the 13th week..
Todays 24 hours of fun is a blast. I thought I'd hate the Riley at Lime Rock but its been surprisingly good racing. You really have to work bloody hard for a pass there.

I haven't slept a wink. Raced all through the night. Really addictive combo that one.
Bah, going on vacation and going to miss all of week 13.
Quote from richard dk :Next season is a week later..this coming week is called the 13th week..

Right, took the wrong Tuesday, my bad!
Quote from richard dk :Will the Jetta in iRacing arrive before the Scirocco in LFS...

Looking forward to both..

I would say yes, announcement says that "Racing’s virtual Volkswagen Jetta TDI Cup series will kick off during 2009 Season 3." which means 14 weeks from now.
ok im downloading the free trial bit etc , if i like it i will consider saving a few euros to get a subscription , hope to see a few lfsers out there
Quote from SilverArrows77 :I had heard about that too, and is actually another of the things that has me holding off just for the moment (until it is available as an option). Im a non credit card using person, and never have the intention of owning a credit card, so once i saw talk of paypal being accepted was when i first seriously started considering iRacing.

I hope I'm wrong but I think you might be disappointed unless your paypal account is verified to a credit card OR your real bank account........

that's the usual way it works with paypal and any subscription rather than single payment.
Quote from jwardy :ok im downloading the free trial bit etc , if i like it i will consider saving a few euros to get a subscription , hope to see a few lfsers out there

remember, once you have it to go to your account details and cancel the subscription or you might find you get charged a month at the end o the trial month
Quote from StableX :remember, once you have it to go to your account details and cancel the subscription or you might find you get charged a month at the end o the trial month

1st thing i did
i dont really care about the DP or radical I think I'll just race the Mazda until the last 2 weeks if nothing interesting comes out before then. /me crosses finger for C6 or mustang
Quote from Gabkicks :i dont really care about the DP or radical I think I'll just race the Mazda until the last 2 weeks if nothing interesting comes out before then. /me crosses finger for C6 or mustang

I would have agreed until trying the DP and Radical in this week's madness thing..... they are a lot of fun, especially the radical the default setups really suck until you start with a decent one from the forums, then the understeer has gone and VRooooooooooooom..............
Quote from StableX :I would have agreed until trying the DP and Radical in this week's madness thing..... they are a lot of fun, especially the radical the default setups really suck until you start with a decent one from the forums, then the understeer has gone and VRooooooooooooom..............

Man I've hated the Riley as well but man when you're just out having fun with other people instead of worrying about your time it is a BLAST!
Quote from StableX :I would have agreed until trying the DP and Radical in this week's madness thing..... they are a lot of fun, especially the radical the default setups really suck until you start with a decent one from the forums, then the understeer has gone and VRooooooooooooom..............

In testing I've fiddled with the defaults - just getting the rake right (don't know why they're all squatting) makes a big improvement on turning already...
This thread is closed

iRacing
(13603 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG