The online racing simulator
iRacing
(13603 posts, closed, started )
Says the guy who kept full throttle on despite seeing a car spinning up ahead. I would of been on the brakes the moment he started spinning towards the track, and probably would have been able to avoid it.
Quote from ATC Quicksilver :Says the guy who kept full throttle on despite seeing a car spinning up ahead. I would of been on the brakes the moment he started spinning towards the track, and probably would have been able to avoid it.

No replay saving allowed for reasons beyond me, so no cockpit view from my position either.

You can see that he tried to reverse across the track and he was in a partial blind spot behind the car in front of me.
Well you must have seen him going off the track and spinning, it's not like LFS where you can gamble that you will miss them and floor it, you should be braking or slowing down the moment you see any kind of incident really.
You are probably right in the end what comes to safety margins. I'm probably just a wrong customer for iRacing as I value my spare time more than my money.
Quote from spankmeyer :You are probably right in the end what comes to safety margins. I'm probably just a wrong customer for iRacing as I value my spare time more than my money.

That is why the SR system works. Their are always two cars in a wreck. You always need to think about what you could have done differently. Sometimes there is really nothing you can do. Seems like this time you could have made better choices.
Quote from spankmeyer :Bloody hell, another raced ruined on lap 1.

Not paying 156$ a year to wait 50 minutes again. Just tell me what dick I have to suck to get my SR up and away from teh rookie sessions! :faint:

if you don't wan't to drive the rookie sessions, try to qualify a top 5 position! you where driving far back in the field. i think y'r not ready yet
ughhhh I drove like an absolute cock today

in practice I couldn't get it together...finally I ran another 103.0 and got it recorded this time http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HO-imphkjiw

(edit-jesus christ youtube raped the quality)

thats the only good part of the day...

I raced for the first time in a couple weeks and it went horrid. I'm never racing without qualifying first ever again.

A bit sad that my first race with an irating I feel the need to destroy it, but one bad race never killed anyone :P Just need to suck it up and race some more (with less incidents D: )
Quote from spankmeyer :Bloody hell, another raced ruined on lap 1.

Not paying 156$ a year to wait 50 minutes again. Just tell me what dick I have to suck to get my SR up and away from teh rookie sessions! :faint:

Quote from ATC Quicksilver :Says the guy who kept full throttle on despite seeing a car spinning up ahead. I would of been on the brakes the moment he started spinning towards the track, and probably would have been able to avoid it.

Imho that vid is quite good example of how it is sometimes impossible to tell where the other cars are going in iracing, the cars stance etc. don't really tell what's really going on. I don't know if that replay shows what really happened (due to replays being "less accurate") but I would have probably kept my foot hard on the throttle as well. The other car just didn't look like it could have been able to do that, the car just makes an almost 90 degree turn and almost gains speed while doing that before it goes over the track. The other driver should defenately had kept his foot on the brakes but still after seeing what happened after all I personally could have never anticipated that happening...
an in car view would have been a better idea of what went on

I'm guessing the spinning car was blocked by the car in front of you for quite a while

I really don't think you were getting away from that one.

Btw, the spinning car just had full lock one way (excellent car control) and when rolling backwards you can turn quite sharply
-
(RMachucaA) DELETED by RMachucaA
Quick question: do you really have to use your real name to race? Or is a name that sounds real good enough?
Another quick question: if you guys are racing an add-on track these few weeks, and I decide to sign up now, will I not be able to find a race on the included ones?
Quote from jasonmatthews :Added. List has been hugely updated. If your not on there let me know.

after a name change im in too,Nasos Charalampou.
just ran a qualifying session for adv solsitce

ran a 1:02.958...missed a top 5 time by .007

top 6 is ok too I guess

I can't keep that speed up the whole race though, I crash within a rather short amount of time.
meh, I am an idiot. I jumped the start in my last race. as soon as the red lights came up, i floored it, but i didnt hit anyone. Also, I had been doing pretty well and finishing all my races w/ 0 incidents, but in one legends oval race, I had 4 incidents.

I don't know if I'll be paying for the yearly. I have until the 29th to make my decision, i guess. Will the physics/damage be updated on the 26th?
Great,had three consecutive incident free races, finishing 2nd each of the time, last race I actually cut 1 sec off my previous best and get down to 1:50.3. (rookie sols leguna)

just one more race I can get into the advanced class.
hehe, anyone got a good setup for advanced solstice around laguna seca and LRP? also, same question for the Legends car around ovals and road courses.
Quote from J.B. :Quick question: do you really have to use your real name to race? Or is a name that sounds real good enough?

The name on your Credit Card is used, so unless you're committing somekind of credit fraud and have your CC registered under a false identity you'll be in the system with your real name

Perhaps if there is a major privacy issue the iRacing team would be willing to allow an alias? It's a very far-fetched idea and I hadn't thought of it really, but they are able to change names, and if you can argue your point it might work
Quote from spanks :A bit sad that my first race with an irating I feel the need to destroy it, but one bad race never killed anyone :P Just need to suck it up and race some more (with less incidents D: )

Bad races happen, sometimes several in a row! Trust me, as you drive more you'll reach new lows, but also new highs

Currently I've become allergic to VIR, I hate the track with every fiber of my being and I would love to see it bombed so far to !@#$ that noone would be able to drive on it ever again.

I'll get over it though :>
Quote from spanks :ughhhh I drove like an absolute cock today

in practice I couldn't get it together...finally I ran another 103.0 and got it recorded this time http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HO-imphkjiw

(edit-jesus christ youtube raped the quality)

thats the only good part of the day...

I raced for the first time in a couple weeks and it went horrid. I'm never racing without qualifying first ever again.

A bit sad that my first race with an irating I feel the need to destroy it, but one bad race never killed anyone :P Just need to suck it up and race some more (with less incidents D: )

i know the feeling, havent managed to get a race in since before the fun week due to real world commitments. i've been lucky and got to class d before fun week so i'vw decided to jmp to the skippy as i've got to re learn what ever i drive anyway but i'm struggling to even get any testing in, let alone any races. still after 6pm uk time on sat i've got house and time to myself till about 4pm monday so i'm hoping to nail some track time
Hey iRacing LFS'ers, just popping in to say hi

Had my first 2 iRacing races yesterday after about a weeks offline practice, Sol @ Leguna. Came 5th in my first race then the one after qualified first with 1:50.5 and had a great race with Jason Lovett, messing it up a bit about 2/3rds in though and driving it home in second with wonky steering. I really couldn't get used to the Sol at first, but its really great for close races. Brought the radical though and thats something special

The whole racing experience feels so much more tense and real than anything I've tried before, I remember going 3 wide into the corkscrew and actually feeling safe and us all making it through unscathed. 3 wide in LFS gives you more a feeling of "OK something bad's going to happen here, I just hope it doesn't happen to me".

I'll be sure to be racing some more of the same later on, so see you there!

EDIT: Oh yeah my iRacing name is Ross Allen!
hey ross, great race should be on tonight for a few more races
I racing is looking promising
well I have just had a look a the Iracing website, it goes public in 10 days, it looks amazing.
it uses laser technology to accuratly re create tracks, this is the way Mclaren, williams and ferrari maek the tracks for their simulators.
so it is almost within 98% accuracy so the williams F1 team say. If thats the case then OMFG I cant wait to drive some real tracks.

they also have the mazda open wheeler the one with the 240hp renisis rotary in it, the radical SR8 , and a nascar , heaps of cars, and more are coming

so check it out http://www.iracing.com/home.html

, see what you think, there is no demo yet, I am assuming one will be out when it goes live in 11 days, so I cant wait, a few of the LFS racing teams in australia were in private beta testing and they say its pretty damn good. but then again beta testers always over hype stuff, so people think they are cool for being involved with the test. but some of them I know from MnR racing so I tend to believe them.

If this is anygood then this I would say from the look of it is a genuine competitor to LFS, I wonder how that makes the devs feel, that another strong sim is entering the market, this already blows Rfactors arse out of the water, so its gana give LFS a run for its money.

they are offering yearly subscriptions, and you only buy the cars you wana race so it saves u some cash if you dont want to race the piddly front wheel drive dungers.
so thats a good thing. they are promising monthly updates all the time, which if its true I would be happy to be part of a game that IS GOING SOMEWHERE and the fact that we will see that its going somewhere will be a great motivator, and also a good market standpoint for it. people will see where the game is going, unlike certain other sims
(i wont name them here ) tend to just go quiet, and say you get what your given, and your given it when we feel like it which is a long long time between drinks. But im not here to slander and Sims, all I wanted was to make you guys aware of a new sim, that is complete and will be complete when its sold,
its not a half arsed attempt and you still get charged full price. Listen to me im going off again, I promised I wouldn't slander any other sims, so I will stick to that. But the game is full version and rady to go out of the box, It will offer online and offline racing, and many tracks, alot of licened ones as well, which is another good thing going for it that OTHER sims don't.

But I have said enough, check it out for yourselves guys

hope to see you on Iracing when its public
1. Use search, that has been discussed to death already
2. LFS general section?
3. Aren't you left 3 or 4 times already?:rolleyes:

[edit by Sam] Agreed. Merged into the existing thread
Quote from Jertje :The name on your Credit Card is used, so unless you're committing somekind of credit fraud and have your CC registered under a false identity you'll be in the system with your real name

Perhaps if there is a major privacy issue the iRacing team would be willing to allow an alias? It's a very far-fetched idea and I hadn't thought of it really, but they are able to change names, and if you can argue your point it might work

Name on the credit card? My full name isn't even on my credit card (too long) and the Umlauts are written with extra "e"s inserted.

So apart from the fact that I don't see a valid reason for displaying my real life identity publicly on the internet, the credit card name would look pretty ugly as well.
on crap seinfeld, try 1.bringing some actual news 2.learn better advertising technics 3.get over yourself that Iracing is complete -there's no replay saving, no yellow flags, no pitstop, no private server option, no misc. damages etc etc etc.....
This thread is closed

iRacing
(13603 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG