The online racing simulator
iRacing
(13603 posts, closed, started )
Quote from Quint999 :
I'd like something that isnt open wheeler and isnt insanely powerfull i guess.

Something springs to mind...
Quote from Shotglass :well yes... it currently is very american but the point where its _too_ american is when the driver model has a belly... bits of cheese on the visor and sits in an suv or pickup on an oval

You forgot the gun rack in the cab and a dead deer slung across the hood!
Quote from Quint999 :ta, yes sorry seen that as well, i was thinking something more of a progression between Solstice to say the Riley, i can imagine the Riley ( or Radical etc ) are an absolute blast to drive , but slow old uns like me would probably prefer something inbetween

Dont know what the spec racer will be like, for whatever reason it looks suggest a very lively little car and we already have the skippy for those with strong forearms.

I actually dont mind the Skippy , but it takes me most of the week to be able to keep the bloody thing on that weeks track & feel comfortable , let alone race. Theres a few tracks i really got to grips with , but others just kill my SR . I've given up on LRP chicane this week after many a backwards slide up that damm hill.

There's a Spec Racer "coming soon". Should be like this:
http://www.scca-enterprises.com/spec_ford.html
lol!

I do agree though, the whole sim does feel very American. But the way I look at it, iRacing is only as American as LFS is European, so I can't complain...
Quote from Quint999 :

Couldn't agree with you more!
A touring and/or GT type car would be nice, the current Radical is good fun and a bit mad, it's just a pity it's impossible to have a race in it right now.
I strangely feel that i've lost my initial enthusiasm for iRacing right now and am mostly racing the AI in GTR Evo which is actually great fun with no iRacing type pressure hastle involved each race. It was honestly feeling like work having to practise enough to be happy that I am remotely competative It's just nice being able to play with a decent graphics card really, I've never been able to play the Simbin games before as my old laptop wasny the best.
Pick up racing and private servers in iRacing likey LFS style is probably what's needed for me as I am never one for long drawn out practising alone....! Hence why I suck at sim racing
Quote from AlienT. :A touring and/or GT type car would be nice, the current Radical is good fun and a bit mad, it's just a pity it's impossible to have a race in it right now.
I strangely feel that i've lost my initial enthusiasm for iRacing right now and am mostly racing the AI in GTR Evo which is actually great fun with no iRacing type pressure hastle involved each race. It was honestly feeling like work having to practise enough to be happy that I am remotely competative It's just nice being able to play with a decent graphics card really, I've never been able to play the Simbin games before as my old laptop wasny the best.
Pick up racing and private servers in iRacing likey LFS style is probably what's needed for me as I am never one for long drawn out practising alone....! Hence why I suck at sim racing

Yeah, I'd like to see a car one up from the Solstice that isn't a Single Seater......

Totally agree with you about the pickups. Sometimes I just want fun races with my mates like we do in the new team (oops)! iRacing should allow a team to be able to rent a private server that isn't affected by their system!
I know it's been said before but I really do think they are working hard to make open servers. I also believe TinTops are going to be in. Most likely a GM car to start unfortunatly for you euros. But as much as it looks like an American game most people/racers in the States love euro cars and tracks just as much as you guys.

So once iRacing stabilises I am sure you will see them over the pond scanning all your stuff. Like you guys said. Lately we have had, LFS and the GTR series with lots of Euro containt. Be happy you guys are trying out new stuff. Cars and tracks that are new to you.

While I mostly road race I am very happy that NASCAR is coming to iRacing. It means more stability to iRacing. More customers and more money.
All good comments........... but
Still to much for to little!
It would have to be so much more.
Quote from Mattesa :If they do include Mosport with all the configurations, most importantly the Driver Development Track, then I will subscribe because I'll actually be able to use the software for what it is supposedly intended: driver training.

So if they include Mosport and the DDT, I'll be able to do two big big big things:
1) I can learn the track for the track days there.
2)*** Having learned the track, judge how realistic iRacing is.

***This is the one that really matters. I'll gladly pay for the chance the compare the sim to reality first hand. Pay for the chance to praise it, or rip it to utter shreds.

I have driven on the DDT North configuration with my kart
Quote from Waste Me :All good comments........... but
Still to much for to little!
It would have to be so much more.

Give it a year then, im sure iRacing will be so much more then
perhaps we should have been more specific when we said we wanted

"pickup" races
Quote from tinvek :perhaps we should have been more specific when we said we wanted

"pickup" races

lol
Lol
w00t! After two weeks of trying I finally finished a race. I won with ease. Only one person was within 2 seconds of my average laptime.

I just wish it wasn't so easy to win. It's not much of a race, but a challenge to see who hits the reset button the least.
Quote from Rappa Z :
I just wish it wasn't so easy to win. It's not much of a race, but a challenge to see who hits the reset button the least.

LOL! You don't know how easy it is to tell that you are a rookie (racing rookies).
Quote from Rappa Z :I just wish it wasn't so easy to win. It's not much of a race, but a challenge to see who hits the reset button the least.

Wait until you get into the races where going wide once can lose you two places. Not that easy to win anymore
agreed. not that easy to keep winning as you go up the ladder!
Had a really fun race last night in the skippy at Laguna. The highlight was going three wide down the front straight with Barry Blocker, Nim Cross and myself. For three laps we were swaping possitions. Was really intense, clean and great fun.
Quote from Quint999 :for anyone that bought the DFP / G25 pedal connector, it might be worth checking your pedals are hitting 100% in Iracing

Didnt notice at the time, but realised this weekend after reading the thread @ iracing that this seems to be a common problem, it seems the box removes a lot of the logitech hardware and driver filtering and some of that may well compensate for the not quite accurate pots particularly @ 100%.

Using one of the DX programs ( not dxtweak, cant remember the name of it ) , my pedals do a lot of flickering when at full press ..

I've since short calibrated my pedals by not going quite 100% , i.e i think my brakes go upto 1010 , so calibrated them at 980 ish max, and something simlilar for throttle, takes a steady foot & a couple of goes to get it right, but now can see the little black line at the top of the throttle /brake indicator again in Iracing. The pedals are still very much more progressive with the box , so havent really lost anything due to the slight drop off in range ..

Dont know if it affected my times , but worth keeping your eyes on all the same ..

i had same idea but to be honest i havent bothered yet beacause

a, i havent had much time to use pedals

and

b, i'm faster with the connector

so until i stop finding big improvements, i don't think i'm going to miss the last 2%. obviously at somepoint i'll need to check it but it's not a priority and when i did last check the throttle was maxing so maybe i'm lucky
Well recieved a G25 today and its much better to use than a DFP. Just trying the Radical round some tracks and I was almost a second quicker each lap than usuall. The pedals arn't perfect but its much easier to find the braking point.

On a side note going round Lime Rock in the radical is sooo much fun,, going round in the F1 car will be the best thing ever
hopefully we'll be able to run the sprint cup cars and maybe even the trucks on the road right off the bat. My plan is to have well over 4.99 rating so when i get promoted to D class, i can jump right from the legends to the craftsman truck 600+ horsepower sounds like fun
I really want a new street car...something rear wheel drive with 400+ horsepower like the new trend is

I don't care if its japanese or german or american...just something to play with.

The skippy is so tedious I want something to just go out and blow off some steam it :P

A bit like the radical, just less extreme...more road car.
Quote from RossUK :Well recieved a G25 today and its much better to use than a DFP. Just trying the Radical round some tracks and I was almost a second quicker each lap than usuall. The pedals arn't perfect but its much easier to find the braking point.

On a side note going round Lime Rock in the radical is sooo much fun,, going round in the F1 car will be the best thing ever

glad you like the new wheel
This thread is closed

iRacing
(13603 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG