The online racing simulator
iRacing
(13603 posts, closed, started )
Quote from dawesdust_12 :I dunno how assuring it is when in official photos I see aliasing that makes my eyes puke.

I'm not trying to be a smart arse or anything and I'm just trying to be helpful, but is it possible you just looked at the thumbnail preview on the forum page you linked?

Just saying 'cause I'm only seeing the aliasing on the fences because they have transparency AA disabled. Also I see a bit of blockiness on the textures and shadows at really really low angles in some of the other pics (low set AF), but the images overall seems like about 4x AA (nV) and looks okayish to me.

Inset pic is the iRacing forum thumbnail preview, main pic is the original pic:
Attached images
prev1.png
It was more the post I was quoting.

Its mostly the background stuff that makes me cringe. Then there's the overhead view of the few cars with the night.. I dunno if it is JPEG compression that they used, but there's some funky colouring going on there in the shadows.
Yeah I see that layered blackness to lightness now to the upper left of the blue car.

edit before you posted below: Wing of the green/white car is aliased, perhapse this is lighting model not working right with transparency AA disabled.
and if the aliasing is becuase they don't have Transparent AA on.. then that's okay.. but it's not great.
Not amused with the new oval stuff the street stock as fun as it is to drive twice ive had my race ruined by guys who spin in the middle of the track and just stop me having no where to go, i hit them 4x cant even turn the car race over -.7 or some crap its stupid.
Had a good race going then got spun by a car moving up the track mid corner hits my rear end i get a 4x multiplier then had a crashed car hit my side and i get another 4x for incidents that werent even my fault and out of my control. Im starting to wonder about how its calculated let alone how people cant turn left?
Guess i wont be hitting 3.0 this week if i keep racing time trials here i come.
Just a side question is doing the whole towing thing and starting again even worth it?? Does the safety score go up down or what??

RANT OVER WOO!!!!!
incident points aren't blame dependent, think of them as real world racing damage, doesn't matter who causes a crash, everyone pays for their own damage, there are some inconsistencies though in how hard you have to hit / be hit to get them.

boosting SR though TT doesn't take long at lower licence levels, just don;t stop once you've done the required number of laps for a TT (10?) run clean for the full 30 mins in each session. apart from anything else it's good practice in running a decent race distance
Quote from blakehoo88 :haha, fail. i got confused reading this post

Yeah sorry, the new build isn't out until tomorrow with Sebring Night included

One of the iRacing staff said we should get the Build Notes today, which is nice. It's only right that they delayed the new build until tomorrow, just so they don't **** up the DWC race tonight.

Astroboy, get out of rookie oval, fast! It's not worth it, get into the Late model or the Trucks and the standards improve immensely. Especially don't race during Week 13, I once lost 1.5SR while winning a Street Stock race, simply because of people wrecking for fun.
Quote from AstroBoy :Not amused with the new oval stuff the street stock as fun as it is to drive twice ive had my race ruined by guys who spin in the middle of the track and just stop me having no where to go, i hit them 4x cant even turn the car race over -.7 or some crap its stupid.
Had a good race going then got spun by a car moving up the track mid corner hits my rear end i get a 4x multiplier then had a crashed car hit my side and i get another 4x for incidents that werent even my fault and out of my control. Im starting to wonder about how its calculated let alone how people cant turn left?
Guess i wont be hitting 3.0 this week if i keep racing time trials here i come.
Just a side question is doing the whole towing thing and starting again even worth it?? Does the safety score go up down or what??

RANT OVER WOO!!!!!

Ah yes, you appear to have started at the wrong time, week 13 is the end of season races, where due to the fact that there's only really 2 road/oval series, and they are open to everyone, it can become a bit of a wreckfest.

I would make sure you test "offline" the tracks in week 13 before you do them, so you know yourself that you are safe and can keep it on the track. And then just keep your wits about you in the race - assume everyone else is an idiot
Quote from AstroBoy :.

Fast tow will repair your car. You get one fast tow per race. Make sure you request the tow outside the pit lane - the commitment cones determine the pits start/exit. It won't repair if you request the tow whilst inside the pit lane. It's best to stop just before the pits entry without causing a crash and request the tow. The further you are way from pits the longer the tow takes. It adds about another minute or so depending on the track if you're half way around. Once the tow is completed the car should be repaired. You don't lose safety score -Safety rating/SR for gettting a tow/repair.

In later classes above D you don't get a fast tow (repair). You only can get a tow back to pits, no repair. One bad smash and your race is over, just like real life.

New feature: Optional damage repair when you come to a pit stop is available in some of the cars; Oval Class C Silverado, Oval Class A Impala, Road Mustang They are adding more to the list. Sometimes damage is so bad they can't fix it. If you leave the pits before the pit repair is done your car might drive worse because some tie rods are not reconnected and bolts are loose ROFL.
I always thought that Jason, but I have now figured out, mainly from hosted racing, that if you pull into your pit box, escape out of the car and then get back in, that gives you a brand new car.

Also, if you are racing in one of those cars mentioned which have damage repair, instead of a quick tow you get a quick repair, just stop in your box and it automatically gives you a brand new car.
I know what you mean 1st paragraph. Sometimes it didn't work for me however so I was reluctant to explain it that way.

The other part, well I was in COT(A) @ Talladega and had a smash, couldn't drive back to pits but engine was okay, just the steering, so thought I'll get a fast tow and hence a quick repair. I hit tow, I waited for the tow timer ~2mins, then repairs started - 5 mins or so of optional repairs that I had to wait for . The repairs timer would "pause" if I went into spectate mode. So I dunno how to get a quick repair using the tow as it seemed to me the repairs still have to run their course. IDK, there's always funky stuff going with the repairs and tows tbh. edit: I'm an idiot. This was class A so no quick tow repair was available, only tow then pit repairs.

Once I got a fast tow from outside the pits, the car didn't repair and had to get another fast tow afterwards to repair the car. Some bugs there I think. Not always is it consistant.

I will try again as you said towing from my pit bay to see if that works.
yeah, only in Rookie and D races (Carb Cup for example) do you get the quick repair, in the Class A races you don't get a tow or repair.
Could someone post up the new season schedule. Thanks
Quote from DeKo :yeah, only in Rookie and D races (Carb Cup for example) do you get the quick repair, in the Class A races you don't get a tow or repair.

oh yeh duh.
You don't get the tow repair but you still get the tow and repair... simple!Sometimes you have to have your head in two places at once. Old and new featurettes
Latest Update due tomorrow!

Quote :Website:

Hosted Sessions

- Added the ability to purchase a session based on number of hours. The options are 2, 4 and 6 hours.

- Changed it so you can limit the race portion of your hosted session by laps, minutes or both (laps or minutes). If you select both, the race will conclude when X laps have completed or Y minutes have passed, whichever happens first.

- Added the ability to schedule hosted sessions to launch at some time in the future. The default is "now" but you can use a date picker to select a date in the future (up to 1 year) and specify a time. You should specify the date and time in your local time. You have to pick a time at least 15 minutes in the future.

- When you schedule a hosted session you will see it appear in the top part of the hosted sessions page. You'll see a new icon to the right that has a cancel link to cancel the session. You aren't charged until the session launches. At this time it isn't possible to edit a session once you have scheduled it. You will have to cancel and recreate.

Series Stats

- Fix to properly display PRO/WC licenses.

Mixed-Class Scoring

- If only a single driver registers for a mixed-class race in a particular class of car, that driver may only receive 50% of the full championship points that are available to drivers in that car class.

Facebook

- Fix to include series name and season name rather than just season name when the user is registered for a race.

Series and Driver Stats CSV Exports

- Added custid to csv exports for series stats and driver stats.

Event Results CSV Exports

- The csv export functionality has been enhanced to allow you to export each individual portion of a race session. For example, if you have a hosted session with a qualifier and race component you can now export the race and qualifier results as separate csv files. You will notice that rather than having a single "OUTPUT CSV" button there is now a button in each results table.

- There is also a new session summary that will appear at the top of the csv file by default. This provides some useful information that had been missing from the export.

- The feature was designed to be backward compatible with existing automated scripts. Your existing scripts should work the same way. You will only need to make a change if you want to include the new summary information in your export. To do so you need to append "&includeSummary=1" to your GetEventResultsAsCSV request.

Forum Private Message Notifications

- Added a new section to the site footer that displays how many unread private messages you have.

- Added a new section to the site footer that notifies you if your private message box is full.

- Added a forum profile link added to the helmet pop-ups throughout the site. This will provide a way to search for a member and then easily jump to their forum profile for watching/ignoring.

Practice Sessions

- Open Practice sessions for the majority of series have been opened up for all license levels.

Awards/Certificates

- The personal stats page has been reworked to now have 3 tabs (Career, Awards and Certificates). The Certificates tab will contain all of your earned certificates (Driving School Completion, First Road Win, Season Race Overall, etc). The Awards tab will contain all of the NEW "Achievement" type awards (Hard Charger, iLetYouWin, Picasso, etc). Achievements are not retroactive, so get out there and start earning them!

General

- Updated code to facilitate the moving of clubs between regions on a per quarter basis.

Forums

- It is now possible to "watch" a member's forum activity. From a member's forum profile you can select to watch/unwatch a member. Every time a member you are watching makes a forum post you will receive an email with a link to the post.

- It is now possible to ignore a member's forum activity. This choice is available in the member's profile and from the profile section to the left of each post. If you choose to ignore a member all of that member's posts will be hidden to you in the threads and replace by a subdued message "You are ignoring <Member Name>". To stop ignoring a member, you need to visit that member's forum profile and choose to stop ignoring them. You can get to the member's forum profile by clicking on their name in the subdued message or by selecting the "Forum Profile" link from that member's helmet pop-up anywhere on the member site. Ignoring a member does not block Private Messages from that user.

- Private Message inbox full indicator added. This message will be displayed in a black message bubble at the top of the forums.

- "Edit" and "Quote" text has been added to the icons for each post.

IE9

- IE9 has been added to the list of allowed browsers.

Reference Documents Page

- This has been rewritten to better organize the documents and make it much easier to find what you are looking for.

Live Broadcast Bar

- There is a new live broadcast bar that appears at the top of the member's site to notify you that a live broadcast is happening on iracing.com. It will appear 5 minutes prior to a broadcast and links out to the live broadcasts page on iracing.com.

Driving School

- There are a few known issues with the youtube video player. The popup resolution menu doesn't work properly. You should be able to change your resolution by clicking on the resolution icon itself rather than mousing over it. Similar issue with the volume control. To change your volume you should click on the volume icon but rather than using your mouse to change the volume use your keyboard's up/down arrows.

Car Number Preference

- You may choose a "preferred" car number for each car that you have purchased. Visit the My Racing/Customise Car(s) page and enter your preferred car number for each car. You may choose any 1- or 2-digit car number, with or without leading zeros, except that car number "0" is disallowed.

- Your preferred car number will be considered in all sessions except Races within Official iRacing series, where car numbers will be assigned by iRating, as before. With thousands of members on the service, it is inevitable that two or more people that have chosen the same preferred car number will join the same session.

- For sessions that can be registered for while in progress (open practices, and hosted sessions), you will be assigned your preferred number if no other driver that has previously joined the session was given that number. Otherwise, the server will assign an unused number to you. Your car number for a session can not be changed once one has been assigned to you. Withdrawing from the session, selecting a different number on the Customise Car(s) page, and rejoining the session will not change the car number that you were previously assigned.

- For sessions that require registration before the event starts (qualify, time trial, unofficial race), the service will prioritize requests for car numbers as follows:

1) A driver with a higher license has higher priority.

2) For drivers with the same license, the driver with the higher Safety Rating has higher priority.

3) If both license and SR are the same, the driver with the higher Corners Per Incident rating has higher priority.

4) In the unlikely even that all of those measures are the same, the system will prioritize the conflicting drivers.

- The preferred car number selection for a driver will be ignored if a higher priority driver has the same preference.

- Drivers that have no preference (or whose preference is being ignored) will be ordered by iRating and assigned car numbers counting from "1", but skipping any preferred car numbers that were allowed.

Simulation:

Misc

- Added app.ini option [view] DriverHeadNoPitch to lock head to horizon in pitch. This may be useful for people with motion platforms and static displays (such as a motion seats)

- Limited effect of pitch/roll lock to horizon to only ~25 deg.

- File dialog now supports pressing enter key as click/double click when file/folder selected in list.

- File dialog now handles partial path in filename properly.

- SoftTH 2.05 is now allowed to proxy D3D9.dll.

- Added keyboard support for focus on pace car and focus on most interesting using the *<driver><enter> keyboard shortcut (0 - pacecar, -1 to -3 focus on)

Graphics Engine

- A change was made to the shadow map system such that only one dynamic shadow map render target will update per frame. Previously, going around a turn might cause several to update all in the same frame resulting in a noticeable stutter on some PCs.

- Let windowed display grow to maximum size of desktop, not just primary display (the window can now span multiple monitors). On some systems spanning monitors may cause a significant drop in frame rate.

- A new option "PixelRatioWindowed" has been added to app.ini. In conjunction with the existing "pixelRatio", you may now specify different pixel ratios for windowed and full-screen modes.

Headlights At Night Tracks

- A preliminary version of headlight support for night racing at road courses has been added. Of course, only cars that actually have headlights will light up the track in front. You may drive cars without headlights in the dark, but you won't be able to see very well at all! Our current cars that have headlights are the Chevrolet Corvette C6R, Ford Falcon FG01 V8, Ford Mustang FR500S, Volkswagen Jetta TDI Cup, Mazda MX-5 Cup and Roadster, Riley MkXX DP, and Pontiac Solstice. (Note: our Radical SR8 does not have headlights at this time - the one we scanned did not have headlights installed)

- In the advanced graphics options there is a new option labeled "Headlight Detail." This has four settings, which allows you to adjust the headlight quality vs. performance tradeoff to match your PC's capabilities. If you have pixel shaders disabled, you may only select DISABLED or LOW.

- Headlights Detail options:

LOW - This is the fastest version of the headlights support. It works very well from in car. The main issue is that headlights illuminate both sides of walls and all sides of trackside objects, rather than just the side the headlight is located on. It also suffers from banding and aliasing in the headlight effects. If you have pixels shaders disabled, this mode provides even higher performance than with pixel shaders enabled. If having frame rate issues at Sebring night, try setting headlight detail to low, unchecking headlights on track in mirrors, turning off pixel shaders, and restarting the session. If this doesn't help see the info about the DISABLED option below.

MED - This version makes it so that headlights don't show up on the backsides of walls and objects, and reduces aliasing a bit. The main issue is that colored headlights (such as the yellow headlights of the C6R) only work on the track surface, and show up as white light on walls, trackside objects, and reflectors.

HIGH - This version provides the best quality by far, with colored headlights working on the track surfaces, walls, reflectors and trackside objects, and it also virtually eliminates all of the banding in the illumination of the track surface.

DISABLED - If after testing some night tracks on LOW, your system cannot provide acceptable frame rates, you may choose this option as a last resort, which will disable nearly all of the headlight effects. This may allow you to still run at the well lit night ovals (Richmond/Bristol) where headlights aren't needed. If you only ever run ovals, this is the best setting for you. WARNING: Don't try to drive at Sebring night without headlights if you value your safety rating.

- A related setting in the advanced graphics options is the "Headlights on track in mirrors" checkbox. When enabled the simulation will render the headlight illumination onto the track surface in each of your mirrors. This will affect your frame rate to some extent, so you might want to test it both ways in an open practice session with lots of cars around to check the difference in quality/performance of the racing experience. It may provide useful, when racing, to see the headlights coming up in your mirrors on the track surface however.

- In addition to the above options there are two options hidden in renderer.ini:

ProceduralHeadlights=0
MonochromeHeadlights = 0

Enabling procedural headlights will cause your car's headlights (and only yours), to be generated procedurally using a shader, so that bumps affect the light cone somewhat. This is an experimental feature, but it is a neat effect. It's not quite done yet, but it is cool already.

Enabling monochrome headlights will cause all car's headlights to render as white light, providing a bit less banding, and a bit higher performance in some cases.

Sound

- A new app.ini setting may fix crackles on some sound cards when using fmod. Add a new line containing overrideFmodFormat=1 to the [Audio] section of app.ini to enable this. If it does not help, remove the new line. This is applied by default to sound devices using chipsets made by Sigmatel.

New Telemetry SDK

- We have created a new telemetry SDK that supercedes the old SDK. The old SDK still functions, so pre-existing tools will still function for now.

- This new SDK now supports unlimited clients connecting to the iRacing sim. Now you can run your motion platform, external gauges, and live telemetry app all at once.

- It is possible for a connected client to send commands for remote control of replay and camera selection.

- The live information available to connected clients is suitable for running motion platforms, or gauges, or broadcaster support applications, but does not include the full array of on-car telemetry data, which only goes to telemetry files recorded to disk.

- A comprehensive array of on-car telemetry can now be recorded to disk while driving, for analysis using external telemetry tools when you finish driving your car, such as ride height sensors, shock travel, acceleration, etc.

- Pressing the alt-L key when in-car will start/stop recording to disk. Pressing alt-L while at the replay screen will have the sim automatically start recording each time you get into your car. Telemetry files are saved in a binary .ibt file (short for iRacing binary telemetry) located in the [my documents]\iracing\telemetry\ folder. The file will stop recording and close when you get out of your car, so that you can alt-tab to an external analysis tool and load the file up for analysis without having to quit the sim.

- A third party telemetry analysis application will be made available at some point "soon."

Garage

- The sim will now snap any setup values to validly achievable increments. Old setups which have values that cannot be achieved any more will automatically be converted when loaded. Adjusting a setting to the minimum or maximum will no longer result in a different set of increments.

New Pit Crew with Damage Repair

- The existing pit crew has been replaced with a new flexible scripting system for ALL of our cars. All cars now have their own unique pit stop behavior, including having the car jacked into the air, and also the pit crew can make repairs when a car is damaged. All cars now have full pit control black boxes and pit crews, even our rookie cars that did not previously have the ability to make pit stops. The pit crew is still entirely invisible, you will only see the effects of their work on your car.

- Every car has its own invisible pit crew. The performance of the pit crew is dependent on the level of the car, the higher level cars have much quicker, more effective pit crews, while the lower level cars have amatuer crews who are competent, but not as on the ball as the pros. Some cars fuel continuously, while others fill using multiple cans of gasoline. Some of the higher level cars use 12 gallon cans, while many of the lower level cars refuel using 5 gallon containers. (This can take a while if you're filling a 22 gallon tank using dinky little 5 gallon cans!) Some cars are jacked up outside first, then inside. Some are front, then rear, or front and rear at once. Some are air jacked all at once.

- While some of the cars we model are fuelled separately from when they are having their tires changed in their real life series, we have made the decision that all our cars can fuel and do other pit work at the same time. This is for consistency between our own cars as we can run any cars together in multi-class events at any time.

- There is a new race control rule called the Repairs Needed rule. This rule will show a meatball black flag (a black flag with an orange circle in the middle) if race control has decided your car must pit for repairs - a smoking engine or some kind of leak will trigger a meatball. You must pit within 4 laps - INCLUDING caution laps - to have your car seen to or race control will disqualify you. Finishing the race while carrying the meatball black flag will not give any post race penalty, so it is feasible to limp a car to the finish if you're close enough to the end of the race. Race control will not issue a meatball black flag to a driver who is being shown the white flag, or after race is over.

- Your car will not be allowed to leave its pitstall if the pit crew are not able to repair your car enough to pass black flaggable levels of damage. Your pit crew will tell you that they can't fix your car. If you have a fast-tow available, you may exit your car and re-enter to get a fresh car and continue the race.

- Your pitstall information box will show you the amount of time remaining for required and optional repairs. Work on required repairs is begun as various pit crew members finish their pitstop tasks and begin working on your damage. You will not be allowed to exit your pit stall until required damage repairs are completed. Once they are completed the pit flagger will lift his lollipop and you may choose to drive away if you don't want to spend time working on optional repairs, but if you sit and wait, they will work on optional repairs for as long as you want to wait for.

- Any penalties are served once all regular pitstop activities and required damage repair are completed, but before any optional damage begins repairing. The flagger guy will hold you in your stall until the penalty is served, then lift his lollipop and you may choose to drive away if you don't want to spend time working on optional repairs.

Physics

- We have improved the accuracy of how our physical surface model uses the laser scan surface data. This makes a significant improvement to every track, particularly tracks with crowning or concave banking. The result is that many cars feel a lot better to drive at many tracks, particularly road courses. But also some of the oval cars will likely need a little setup tweaking, as the more accurately captured concave banking will cause the right rear tire to generate a little more grip relative to the left rear and thus rotate a little more than previously when on throttle, making your old setups possibly a bit too oversteery.

- Brakes are now modelled as a proper rotational position based torsional spring so they can hold the wheel to its exact position better than the previous brake model which was purely velocity based and could allow a weird visual wheel rotation to occur when stopped but trying to accelerate against the brakes. Has no effect when driving at speed, only when a wheel is supposed to be held stationary.

Cars

- Only cars that have a starter motor can start or restart a stalled engine any time you want. To start a car with no starter motor it must either be in the correct pitstall or in your gridstall prior to the race beginning, where the pitcrew is available to start your motor on request. So, if you turn off or otherwise stall your Williams FW31, Dallara, Sprint Car, or Silver Crown during a race, you will need to tow back to your pitstall to get going again. Note that the anti-stall clutch aid typically prevents a car from stalling during driving conditions, so make sure you don't go turning the car off when out on track!

- Window nets and some other graphical elements in car cockpits have been animated to simulate movement with wind speed.

- Metal shaders have been adjusted to better represent chrome materials.

- All cars have had their fuel level minimums, maximums, and increments fine tuned for consistency.

Skip Barber Formula 2000

- Graphical model rebuilt to match the standards of our more current cars.

Riley MkXX Daytona Prototype

- Re-tuned dive planes so they may be used without excessive drag or balance change. This still requires an increase of the rear wing to balance it, but that is now well within the range of adjustment of the rear wing.

- Fuel cell resized to match newly introduced 2011 20 gallon fuel limit (down from 24 gal).

Dallara IndyCar

- The pit crew will now apply external cooling fans when the car is sitting on the grid or in the pit stall waiting for a race to start, or when sitting in the pit stall during non-race times, or during a lengthy repair. Like the rest of the pit crew, these are invisible cooling fans.

Williams-Toyota FW31

- The pit crew will now apply external cooling fans when the car is sitting on the grid or in the pit stall waiting for a race to start, or when sitting in the pit stall during non-race times, or during a lengthy repair. Like the rest of the pit crew, these are invisible cooling fans.

- The pit crew will put tire warmers on when the car is sitting on the grid or in the pit stall waiting for a race to start, or when sitting in the pit stall during non-race times. Like the rest of the pit crew, these are invisible tire warmers.

Chevrolet Silverado

- Shark fin added when at restrictor plate tracks.

New 2011 Chevrolet Impala Class B

- We have an updated version of the Chevrolet Impala Class B for 2011 that is very nearly ready for release, featuring a "preview" version of Dave Kaemmer's long awaited new tire physics model. If you own the existing Nationwide car you will get it free as the new car is a part of the same car package you already own. It will be made available at some point within the next week or three, once all the details are finalized for public consumption. We apologize for the delay.

Tracks

- Many tracks have had more pit stalls added so more cars can be run at once. See the attached spreadsheet for exact details on which tracks and pit stalls have been altered.

Sebring

- Now has a selectable night mode.

- Club configuration rolling start no longer goes green immediately.

Okayama

- Now available. Features two configurations: Full and Short.

Commercial

- The distance and length of time that a driver can drive backwards in a commercial setting before being disqualified for reckless driving has been increased so that the driver has more time to notice and comply with the warning they are being given.

- An option has been added to commercial.ini ([Server] enable_backwards_dq) that can be used at a commercial site to prevent race control from disqualifying a driver that drives backwards. The driver will still be told that they are driving the wrong direction, but will not be disqualified and yanked out of the car no matter how long they do so.

- An option has been added to app.ini ([Drive Screen] resetCanExitCar) that can be used to disable the ability of the car-reset control to exit the car while sitting in your pit stall.

- A bug that could cause a Spectator node to ignore paint schemes and instead display all cars in solid white has been fixed.

- The default background images shown on a Display node are particular to the NASCAR Hall of Fame. You can now create and use your own custom images. Create 24-bit Windows .bmp files to be used as the backgrounds for the screens you want to change, and place those files into the iRacing installation directory. Use the following file names for their respective screens:

leaderboard.bmp - for the Leaderboard display
message.bmp - for the System Message display
podAssign.bmp - for the Pod Assignments display
results.bmp - for the Results display

Make the images the width and height that you intend to use as the desktop size on the Display node, and adjust the [WindowSize] width and height settings in commercialDisplay.ini to match. For the best image quality, all of the images should be the same pixel size, and should match the intended display resolution.

If you replace the Pod Assignment background image, you will also need to update the commercialDisplay.ini to specify the (X,Y) pixel locations of the center of the boxes into which driver's names will be positioned.

Nationwide car says "will be out in one to three weeks". I'm betting it will be at least a month, if not in the August build.

Quite a good build apart from that, obviously night racing is going to be great.
The distance and length of time that a driver can drive backwards in a commercial setting before being disqualified for reckless driving has been increased so that the driver has more time to notice and comply with the warning they are being given.

heh.
I've seen complaining about that before, if they set up a few computers running iRacing at something like the Nascar Hall of Fame, as soon as someone starts driving backwards that computer is kicked clean out of the server and can't rejoin .
so I have just installed the NIXIM brake mod, and I can MUCH MUCH more happier with the brakes now. I can now brake much later without locking the brakes.

I seriously recommend it if you haven't got it already!
I kinda like the brakes to be honest. Or is that just because I got load cells?
yes
I just need to mount my pedals to the floor. It's a bit wobbly :S
Down for maintenance
Should be back at 6PM. I'm expecting 300 hosted Sebring Night sessions, which is no bad thing.
This thread is closed

iRacing
(13603 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG