The online racing simulator
iRacing
(13603 posts, closed, started )
Quote from StableX :yup... I think that's the plan.....

Yes, because they all run in the same class in real life :rolleyes:
I would have thought that they would be 3 separate classes, just like the Radical/Vette, Stang/DP and Jetta/MX5 are now.
They are 3 separate classes. lmp2, GT1 and GT2.
Wow. This is very silly then, IMO.

1) What's the point of triple class racing in sprint races?
2) How are the grids gonna be like, when you see that they already struggle to get decent grids for double class racing? Especially if you have to buy all 3 cars before going racing.
Quote from Bean0 :I would have thought that they would be 3 separate classes, just like the Radical/Vette, Stang/DP and Jetta/MX5 are now.

I'm sure they will be, just 3 cars rather than 2. Seems ok to me, other than a little pricey for people without the content previously. And maybe a little crowding.
Quote from GreyBull [CHA] :Wow. This is very silly then, IMO.

Welcome to iR's road racing/scheduling logic.
Quote :
1) What's the point of triple class racing in sprint races?

Instead of working on driver swaps, they thought it would be a better idea for pop-up style facebook chat built into the website. 2.0, the Revolution in Sim Racing.
Quote :
2) How are the grids gonna be like, when you see that they already struggle to get decent grids for double class racing? Especially if you have to buy all 3 cars before going racing.

It'll be full the first week or two. Most cars will be LMP2 and maybe GT2. After a couple weeks people will be raging at stupid overtakers/lappers and it will die down just like the mustang in GrandAm.
Quote from PMD9409 :Welcome to iR's road racing/scheduling logic.

LMP2+GT1+GT2 resembles ALMS series or any Le Mans series for that matter. What's wrong with that?

Quote from PMD9409 : Instead of working on driver swaps, they thought it would be a better idea for pop-up style facebook chat built into the website. 2.0, the Revolution in Sim Racing.

Who said the same guy works on pop-up messages and driver swaps? Looks like two totally different jobs for two different programmers.
Quote from himself :LMP2+GT1+GT2 resembles ALMS series or any Le Mans series for that matter. What's wrong with that?

It was the general comment toward iR, not this series as a whole. We now have 13 B classes, and 2 A classes. Why a series with 3 different car classes racing at the same time with huge fields isn't A class I will never know. But they also put the DP and Mustang together, so we already know there's a loose screw in there somewhere.

Quote :
Who said the same guy works on pop-up messages and driver swaps? Looks like two totally different jobs for two different programmers.

Going by Tony Gardner:
Quote :To try and stop the speculation and rumors, neither are that close to being done unfortunately, again big projects and other things in this build took longer than expected like heat racing and pop-up chat so I would NOT expect endurance racing/driver swaps and uppgraded sound system anytime before the build after this 2.0 build, so we are talking about the Fall. Our apologies.

Why would those two things affect driver swap addition if they are not the same people? You say yourself they are two totally different jobs, so then why aren't both out? Not only are they pushed back after 2.0, but he also says after the build AFTER 2.0. That's like December to add driver swaps. That's why when Yann says "what a silly idea" I say "that seems to be the tradition with iRacing on the road side".

It's the general assumption that I get after being with them since beta. They always cater to the oval side (which I race too), and the road guys get delayed, delayed, and delayed.

Oran, Oulton, Zolder, driver swaps, etc, the list goes on. They make all these marketting promises, and sure they update things, but not the things they promise. Just gets irritating watching it happen for over 3 years now.
I'm sorry, I won't post the word "it" anymore.

Also, I've watched the Matrix, I know what pill to take thank you very much!
Where I can found good setups? It's really an issue for me not knowing how to build a good one
Quote from chanoman315 :Where I can found good setups? It's really an issue for me not knowing how to build a good one

Go on the official forums, get on the car's or the series' sub-forum. Click on the current week's thread. There's usually one or several good setups posted there.
Quote from GreyBull [CHA] :Go on the official forums, get on the car's or the series' sub-forum. Click on the current week's thread. There's usually one or several good setups posted there.

Thank you very much sir!
Quote from Wilko868 :I'm sure they will be, just 3 cars rather than 2. Seems ok to me, other than a little pricey for people without the content previously. And maybe a little crowding.

Yeah I wish I didnt have to own all of the cars to do multiclass racing :/
Quote from Gabkicks :Yeah I wish I didnt have to own all of the cars to do multiclass racing :/

The shit part to me is that they did say, when bringing out the Multiclass, that having to purchase all the content was temporary and this would be changed. I guess not any more

That said, the Multiclass is great fun
Quote from StableX :The shit part to me is that they did say, when bringing out the Multiclass, that having to purchase all the content was temporary and this would be changed. I guess not any more

Would have also been nice if they could make it to where there is different classes per car. So say you are C class, then you could only drive the GT2, B = GT1, A = LMP2. Simple, yet effective IMO.

Of course it only takes a week to get to A thanks to the silly fast track thing. I wish it would go back to how it was, or atleast every 4 weeks instead of 12.
Ay, there's a quicker way to move up now? Please explain.
Quote from Rappa Z :Ay, there's a quicker way to move up now? Please explain.

"Fast track": whenever you have a 4.0 SR and have done 4 races in the class you currently are, you move to the next license.
Anyone up for a LFSForum iracing hosted race tonight?
I can host anything at anything so give suggestions

Edit: Launching a Legends ford @ okayama, all standard content so all can join.
Come join us, we have cookies err setups (Mikko ate the cookies)
Quote from boothy :Come join us, we have cookies err setups (Mikko ate the cookies)

if you're a celt, we have whisky aswell
Quote from aroX123 :Anyone up for a LFSForum iracing hosted race tonight?
I can host anything at anything so give suggestions

Edit: Launching a Legends ford @ okayama, all standard content so all can join.

Quote from boothy :Come join us, we have cookies err setups (Mikko ate the cookies)

Quote from tinvek :if you're a celt, we have whisky aswell

Damn, i missed that one , repeat it tonight, maybe?
Quote from himself :LMP2+GT1+GT2 resembles ALMS series or any Le Mans series for that matter. What's wrong with that?

It will cost an extra $36 just to race in it. Thats whats wrong.
Lets say you only like the LMP2 & you want to race it, well you cant unless you buy all the other cars in the class.

Quote from StableX :The shit part to me is that they did say, when bringing out the Multiclass, that having to purchase all the content was temporary and this would be changed. I guess not any more

Can you remember where they said that? I'd love to quote that back at them & watch them squirm. The multi-class thing better be temporary or else.
Even if you were to find the quote, and even if you were 100% right with what you were saying, no one over there would see it the same way you do.

1. Type 100% correct post
2. First 5 replies are F5 fanboys
3. Next replies are from people who just read the first 5 replies
4. ???
5. Deficit.
This thread is closed

iRacing
(13603 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG