The online racing simulator
iRacing
(13603 posts, closed, started )
NTM feels just as awful as the old one did, IMO.
As long as it teaches those nubs that use crazy low amount of steering lock to gain "extra" control and speed through the corners its superb.
Quote from ZanZi :As long as it teaches those nubs that use crazy low amount of steering lock to gain "extra" control and speed through the corners its superb.

At times the iracing forums are a golden source for entertainment. The wheel unlinearity exploit thread was just pure roffles. just amazing what kind of excuses people come up with when they are not as fast as someone else
Especially when the guy in the video apparently showing him with low steering lock was actually using 900 degrees :doh:
Anyone can do it in the COT, just use an 8:1 steering box. Even with my favourite 14:1, I still barely move the wheel. At least with the NTM I'm having to turn left.
Quote from DeadWolfBones :NTM feels just as awful as the old one did, IMO.

someone pass him another bottle of whisky please!

I wouldn't say it's just as awful, certainly not on the oval side.
It's fantastic on the oval side, in comparison to the old one. That's not to say its perfect in any way, but it is in beta and its a 100% improvement already.

It seems a bit funky on road courses to me, but it's a shit car for road racing anyway, and I've never driven the Impala on a road course before so I'm probably not best placed to critique it.

I cant wait to try it on the single seaters to get a proper feel for how it compares to netKar.
The small slip angle is driving me insane.

The grip seems insane though, and there is no denying that with 1000lb spring splits in the rear. I thought the CoT was nuts.
Because the iRacing forum whore above me doesn't wish to double post, here's a snippet from the forum:
Quote from Tony Gardner :The heat/tournament racing project was a big project and driver swaps even bigger so taking lot of time to do it, very complicated because we also want to have the ability to use the driver swap/endurance feature in official series as well as hosted racing. Heat Racing should be in next build and driver swaps will not be.

:doh:
How ironic for me to say that it shows how much they cater to Americans...
I don't think they got the bug out in time, the shaking is still in there... Driving slowly (under 10 kph) it wobbles from side to side and the FFB goes nuts with vibration... Also, when you stand still and turn the wheel a certain amount (to the left), it goes to full lock on its own - with a road setup...
Quote from bbman :I don't think they got the bug out in time, the shaking is still in there... Driving slowly (under 10 kph) it wobbles from side to side and the FFB goes nuts with vibration... Also, when you stand still and turn the wheel a certain amount (to the left), it goes to full lock on its own - with a road setup...

Interesting, it would be cool if you could post a video going under under 10 kph..

Btw, they said it was important for them to understand the root cause of the numerical instabilities. So possibly, after they fixed most of it and found the cause of the rest, they decided it was close enough to flawless for a preview release.
someone summed it up nicely on the iracing forums, with the OTM it was hard to get anywhere close to the limit on the ovals, now with the NTM it's a lot easier to get to about 90% of the limit before getting progresively harder to extract the last few % which is far closer to real life.

i'm looking forward to trying it on a proper road car though, especially since the current example of the NTM is designed to mimic the real life NASCAR tyres property of being very grippy when cold and rapidly loosing some grip as they warm up over 1 lap (i assume in real life a lot of this is due to the need for the cars to be safe going straight onto an oval from cold ) but so far it's very impressive, the weaving steering business is strange though, i've got a very slight vibration but none of the shaking some people are complaining of.
Yeah I heard about this thanks to iRacing still spamming me with email about their sim despite me 'unsubscribing' from their mailing list three times now.

****ers.

0.002 at Talladega
The quality of racing in the lower league is absolutely appalling.
Ok, now downloading new content... Then some intense racing
Aaaaaargh, leading for 15 laps and then get taken out by noobs...
Ended 5th.. (25laps japan)
Quote from carfetish :Interesting, it would be cool if you could post a video going under under 10 kph..

Sorry, any video I capture is choppy at best... On their forums I read something about waddling on cold tyres and that they're on it - it would fit what I see/feel, so I'm optimistic it will be fixed soon...
Fastest Lap @ Okayama MX-5 Roadster:
1:02.157
Quote from Scrabby :Fastest Lap @ Okayama MX-5 Roadster:
1:02.157

Ive actually found the Mx5 series at Okayama very fun. Yet to have a boring race on that combo.

Fastest there is a 1:02.21.

Contact me on there, id love to have a race with you
Cool, add me
Kevin Corsius

new fastest lap
My pb is a 1:01.714. u mad?
This thread is closed

iRacing
(13603 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG