The online racing simulator
iRacing
(13603 posts, closed, started )
Pathetic, how could they not have stress tested the system before trying this? A ton of wasted time for people who practiced for this, and it looks pretty bad for any new people who signed up to take part in this.
Quote from UncleBenny :Pathetic, how could they not have stress tested the system before trying this? A ton of wasted time for people who practiced for this, and it looks pretty bad for any new people who signed up to take part in this.

I thought the same thing. They knew they would get 1000+ people in this event. They should've stress tested to see if the server could handle it, especially for an event this damn big. Kudos to iracing
Last night they had the same problem at around 2am (GMT), so maybe it's not so much as a fault due to the hughe numbers, but a fault in the system it'sself that could have gone at any time.

BTW lateset picture of the 500 not looking good.
Just got it back up, so everyone else should be able to also.
Mabe some water got into the servers

It is a sim after all
I blame that AlienT. For gods sake! Why did he have to go and cook Haggis and Gravy for the iRacing staff just before an important race?

tsssk Struan
Die. In. Fire.

I made it all 200 laps, but me and Ken got crashed out while leading. Gotta love that...
Mason Baker needs to be shot.
Looking at results, only the most lucky minority got SR+, the rest was hopelessly raped and lots of people lost their licenses.
Hope they will make this unofficial and people will get their ratings back, but i don't expect it to be much better next week tbh. But maybe i can try it at least, just for the lulz.
Well, everyone registered in yesterdays failrace gets 15$ credit refund, even if they didnt make it on the server. That's fair.
SR and iR won't be going back though.
Quote from Kid222 :Well, everyone registered in yesterdays failrace gets 15$ credit refund, even if they didnt make it on the server. That's fair.
SR and iR won't be going back though.

Where did they say that at?
Reading this sounds like it was a complete crashfest?

Good thing I didn't accept their offer...
Quote from DevilDare :Reading this sounds like it was a complete crashfest?

Good thing I did accept their offer...

Sort of. They made warmup 10 minutes thinking if there is a problem that people still will be able to get in. However I got in with 30 seconds left in gridding, while a few others were only able to get in after already losing 2 laps.

The racing was actually rather clean, racing side by side for 200 laps (literally) and it was rather fun (until me and Ken got knocked out of the lead).

Not a complete fail, but they tried hard to make it one!
I see.

Still tho - Now you sort of know how the drivers feel when they get taken out in the real thing.
Quote from StableX :I blame that AlienT. For gods sake! Why did he have to go and cook Haggis and Gravy for the iRacing staff just before an important race?

tsssk Struan

I agree with you, gravey with Haggis....my god man, thats just wrong.

Everyone knows it's a whisky sauce.
Quote from Mackie The Staggie :I agree with you, gravey with Haggis....my god man, thats just wrong.

Everyone knows it's a whisky sauce.

Yeah I'll have some of that. Hold the haggis.
In the race that I was in, all of the guys that got in on time(only like 4 cars out of 43) made a gentleman's agreement to stop on the backstretch after the greenflag waved, everyone caught up, and we drove at 100MPH on the outside line and let all of the lapped down cars get their laps back, then when everyone was on the same lap, we got the last car to stop on the track to bring out a caution and all of us agreed to fill up and take 4 tires so we basically had a clean race start with fresh tires. We eventually started on like lap 18. Shows that there is still some chivalry in this world..
Quote from SidiousX :In the race that I was in, all of the guys that got in on time(only like 4 cars out of 43) made a gentleman's agreement to stop on the backstretch after the greenflag waved, everyone caught up, and we drove at 100MPH on the outside line and let all of the lapped down cars get their laps back, then when everyone was on the same lap, we got the last car to stop on the track to bring out a caution and all of us agreed to fill up and take 4 tires so we basically had a clean race start with fresh tires. We eventually started on like lap 18. Shows that there is still some chivalry in this world..

I was in that split too. Great bunch of guys there for waiting for us.
Quote from AjRose :I was in that split too. Great bunch of guys there for waiting for us.

Yeah, was very nice of everyone to agree to all of that.
I started racing the Lotus yesterday in Brands Hatch. I got my race destroyed mid race while leading ahead of some championship contenders. I was surprised by one car going 50kph in Dingle Dell corner, where I go almost flat out
Oh man, I was furious. I almost believed I could win the race, ahead of the championship leader oh well...
Quote from tiagolapa :I started racing the Lotus yesterday in Brands Hatch. I got my race destroyed mid race while leading ahead of some championship contenders. I was surprised by one car going 50kph in Dingle Dell corner, where I go almost flat out
Oh man, I was furious. I almost believed I could win the race, ahead of the championship leader oh well...

shame....

I tried that combo the other day. It's so much fun but that car is a real handful
The Lotus is a joy to drive after the initial scary laps it takes confidence to really attack the corners, but once one can do it, the car sticks like glue to the ground its crazy
Just done my first ever race. Quite proud i got 4th. Hopefully i can improve throughout the year

Im going to buy a nascar or the Lotus :/
The Lotus is such a fun car to drive. Quite scary at first but so entertaining. My favourite car at the moment by far! So glad I went ahead and bought it.
This thread is closed

iRacing
(13603 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG