The online racing simulator
iRacing
(13603 posts, closed, started )
Quote from Xaid0n :Heh, finished 2nd out of 10th even beat Class A drivers

Sounds like you're enjoying yourself Ashley . Being A class only means you've been there longer and are relatively safe on the track. iRating is a better judge of a drivers ability.

Before gridding for a race you can check the car numbers of each driver, car No. 1 will have the highest irating. It, for me anyway, gives a good indication of who I'm competing with in any given race. (if that makes sense?)
Yes that makes sense, they all had relatively high numbers, I think mine was #8

I managed to get 72 season points in that race, putting me in 672nd position xD
Grand Prix Masters live event
Quote :Twenty iRacers are poised to race online against Formula One driver Lucas di Grassi (Virgin Racing) and Star Mazda championship leader Conor Daly in the Grand Prix Masters Tournament Finals in Montreal on the eve of the Canadian Grand Prix. The finalists were the highest scoring iRacers during the Grand Prix Masters Tournament, held April 27- May 3 and sponsored by Grand Prix Tours, Dell and Intel.

In keeping with the international flavor of Formula One and iRacing, the qualifiers represent nearly a dozen international clubs and range in age from 14 to 31. The qualifiers are: Alberto Baraldi (Italy), Kevin Bartsch (France), Andre Boettcher (DE-AT-CH), Richard Crozier (Celtic), Max Dell’Orco (Italy), Evgeniy Donstov (International), Danny Engels (DE-AT-CH), Dave Gelink (Benelux), Philippe Gosselin (Eastern Canada), Klaus Kivekas (Scandinavia), Darryn Lobb (International), Martin Macjon (DE-AT-CH), Aritan Maia (Brazil), Mikko Niemi (Scandinavia), Luke McLean (Australia), Jeffrey Rietveld (Benelux), Victor Szabo (International), Jonathan Stewart (Eastern Canada), Blake Townend (England) and David Williams (England).

The twenty finalists will compete online, from their homes around the world, with de Grassi and Daly in simulators on a stage in Montreal’s Rue de Fortification before a live audience at 5:30 pm ET (22:30 GMT) on June 12. The 20 lap race at Canada’s Mosport International Raceway, will feature Star Mazda cars painted in Dell and Intel liveries. The event will be broadcast live on PSRTV, with highlights shown on an upcoming edition of the Inside Grand Prix television show.

The three top finishers (excluding Messrs. di Grassi and Daly) will receive a Dell Studio 17 laptop computer (first place), Dell Inspiron Mini 10 Netbook (second place) and iRacing.com Prize Pack ($100 in credits, a diecast car and iRacing hat).

Good luck to David, Blake, & Richard. I can see degrassi getting an ass woopin!
PSRTV's free to watch, right? I'm good for it ^^
Good luck Darryn and Victor!
Wow, thats good.. I will tell Conor Daly to let Darryn Lobb or Szabo to let them win ha..
Gah annoying, got taken out on the 2nd lap, managed to finish only 4 laps down with the fastest lap time. Still managed to get my rating up though.

E: Yay, 1st win after 4 races Didn't get any championship points though
Szabo from Inferno shall win this!!

Csur Gogogogogo
In his RB4 he'll stand no chance against the others!
go Dave, wish i had the time to practice

also good luck with the exams that you didn't revise for :P
Quote from anttt69 :Good luck to David, Blake, & Richard. I can see degrassi getting an ass woopin!

Thanks! Should be a pretty awesome event I think. Plenty of stiff competition though, and I don't mean the Pro drivers.

@Jason: Haha thanks, yeah I'm having to force myself to revise, last one on Wednesday though.
Nice little grid there, goodluck guys!
Quote from Xaid0n :Website is a bit slow at the moment. Grr

I find the website ALWAYS really slow - very annoying
Don't live in Australia.
So when will we be able to drive the FR500s?
Quote from SidiousX :So when will we be able to drive the FR500s?

Sometime in the week of the 13th I bet. Grand Am has an event at Mid Ohio on the 19th (that includes the Mustang Challenge). It'll be perfectly timed for that. They'll definitely try to get it out before then.
Quote from Steve Myers earlier today on the iRacing forums regarding the release of the Mustang and Mid Ohio

'It will not be this week. Our goal is to try and get Mid Ohio out by the end of next week. I think the Mustang is probably going to be the week after that.

Steve'
Damn.

What on earth are they still working on?
Quote from MadCat360 :What on earth are they still working on?

Getting it right, hopefully. Too many half arsed efforts with car releases already, we don't need another one.
Quote from The Moose :Getting it right, hopefully. Too many half arsed efforts with car releases already, we don't need another one.

Yep, maybe they are learning from their own mistakes in other previously released cars.
Which cars, released recently, do you think are not as they should be?

Maybe I'm just to easy to please.
DP, Almost every oval car above D class, Mazda, Vette, Lotus or Dallara (can't remember which one), and finally the SRF.

You might say "well some/all drive fine now," well thats because they had updates to them.
Don't forget the V8 !

I'll put money on that getting a major physics overhaul in the next build/year/when they can be arsed.

If that car is right as it is now, I'm Jenson Button.
Quote from The Moose :Don't forget the V8 !

I'll put money on that getting a major physics overhaul in the next build/year/when they can be arsed.

If that car is right as it is now, I'm Jenson Button.

Yeah, you only have to compare the steering inputs with those of the real car.. the real car is so much more firmly planted and stable, while the iRacing version looks super twitchy with constant counter-steer.

But it sure looks super fun though!! Can't wait to try it
Quote from AlienT. :Which cars, released recently, do you think are not as they should be?

Maybe I'm just to easy to please.

the V8 is way off mate. The setup screens are also brought over from the Impala setups for ovals! Having just driven the V8, I can safely say, it's very wrong in feel.
This thread is closed

iRacing
(13603 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG