The online racing simulator
iRacing
(13603 posts, closed, started )
Late Model road series.
Quote from JackDaMaster :Late Model road series.

Im game. It takes some getting used to but some short 25-30 min races would be awesome.
I'd like a race long enough to need a pitstop though (which I guess means racing something on the NTM).
I just did 59.7 With MX-5 Roadster at limerock.. Confused though how people say it's slower with ntm, though I tend to go faster..
Gonna upload the lap to youtube soon
Quote from BlueFlame :I'd like a race long enough to need a pitstop though (which I guess means racing something on the NTM).

Road racing on the NTM has close to no tire wear. For example, been doing the Intel series and 15 laps at Spa in the HPD has me with less than 8% of wear on all tires. I doubt it is different for the other cars.

Only way to force a pit stop would be to make it a fixed setup and putting the fuel short on purpose so you must pit. Not everyone's a big fan of fixed setups however.
Quote from PMD9409 :Road racing on the NTM has close to no tire wear. For example, been doing the Intel series and 15 laps at Spa in the HPD has me with less than 8% of wear on all tires. I doubt it is different for the other cars.

Only way to force a pit stop would be to make it a fixed setup and putting the fuel short on purpose so you must pit. Not everyone's a big fan of fixed setups however.

Yea, true I was thinking about Oval pitstops as I was typing that up. Though I haven't driven enough laps to need to pit for new tyres, but as you have said there, it's probably impossible given the parameters for race distances in iRacing.
quite a few hosted races for cars like the HPD insist on a mandatory pit stop or stops, if someone doesn't stop the organiser just drops them from the results, see if you can find one of those, it's not perfect as the guy that doesn't stop will still show as a winner in the iracing event result but i've never had a problem with anyone breaking the rule in the races i've been in
How evenly matched are the DP and the Ford GT?
Quote from BlueFlame :How evenly matched are the DP and the Ford GT?

They shouldn't be. The C6R was relatively close to the DP before the NTM was put onto the C6R. Since the Ford GT is obviously slower than the C6R, it is also slower than the DP. However I don't know about after the NTM was released. I'm in class, but the iRacing site is down for maintenance anyways so can't check the world record charts.

If the Ford GT is slower by at least 5 seconds, I don't see why they don't throw it into the GrandAm series. It must be because of their affiliation with GrandAm and the Mustang is in the Continental Tires Series that is run by GrandAm.

@tinvek: That could be a solution, just remove them from the server while they are on their final lap. Would end up with them just losing a lap (their final).
Average difference between Ford and C6r is probably more like 4 seconds dependent on length of straights (suzuka has some decent length straightery and last time I check C6r pole and GT pole in fixed was about 4 seconds difference)
Quote from PMD9409 :Road racing on the NTM has close to no tire wear. For example, been doing the Intel series and 15 laps at Spa in the HPD has me with less than 8% of wear on all tires. I doubt it is different for the other cars.

In the 60/45min HPD/C6/GT races, you usually need to stop once for fuel.
As tyres/refuel happen at the same time, getting a fresh set has no time penalty.

Only when they f00k up the fixed set is it short for fuel, and then only if the winner is fast enough to do the extra laps in time.
Quote from boothy :What series are you running? If it's just rookie then you have 3 cars you can be racing/qualifying/practicing to keep you busy...

And in fact this week you can do the Grand Touring Cup at Summit Point.

Im running the Star Mazda series, and sometimes the Mustang...

Quote from PMD9409 :Some of us thought about doing some form of weekly hosted event, and making the LFS guys the target audience obviously.

First the idea was just a hosted race once a week. Would cost $1. Not too bad.

Then Tournaments came out, and thought about possibly BTCC style events with MX5 Cup, Solstice, and Jetta. It would cost about $3 a week.

However, we seemed to have forgot about it.

Sooo... what happened?
Quote from Hahmo :I just did 59.7 With MX-5 Roadster at limerock.. Confused though how people say it's slower with ntm, though I tend to go faster..

I just managed a 59.91 and a 59.97 in a race (finally!), but I'm pretty sure it's still slower. The main thing I've noticed is that I use to be able to run the last corner at Limerock flat, sometimes even with old tyres, and now I seem to lay off and still run into the dirt.

Fecking annoying, probably pick up 80-90% of my incident points coming off of that corner.
Quote from chanoman315 :Sooo... what happened?

Forgot.

If we just do a single race per week, maybe changing combos each week or something, it will only cost $1. However if a few of us got together to help keep it running, maybe get Andy from Radicals to help run/promote, and I could even do some small little broadcasts for fun (get my new graphics card in the mail today or tomorrow, HD broadcasts FTW).

So who knows. Would have to set a day/time as well. Just matters on who would want to help. Also maybe get some suckers on iRacing forum to donate a dollar to two.
Well we will surely do it for LFSF peeps in week 13, if not before.
Quote from Hahmo :I just did 59.7 With MX-5 Roadster at limerock.. Confused though how people say it's slower with ntm, though I tend to go faster..
Gonna upload the lap to youtube soon

It is slower than before. My Pb before the NTM was 59.3, and now I cant do that at all.
Weird.. Because at the moment Im easily 0.5 faster than before
Could be because have practised a lot more on many tracks and just went back on that, but oh well, feels good to be faster than some once..

E: this is getting seriously weird. 59.665 just there..
Crikey.. Indy at Sebring fixed setup is a right blast!
See attachment.
Attached images
iRDeal.png
Quote from PMD9409 :See attachment.

That's basically a 20% (or 25%) discount on any content including subscriptions. Too bad I already have about 50$ unused credits...
I just watched the broadcast of that race of champions thing.

Is it just me or are their broadcasts really so full of fail?

Do they not see how bad they are? Is US Motorsport coverage that bad that they think there broadcasts are OK in comparison?

Sod all this iRacing 2.0 stuff they came out with 6 months ago. This was their best marketing opportunity yet and they blew it big style with such an amateur broadcast.

The Kingsbury (Chuckle) brothers could do a better job (sorry Matt and Ray).
Well it was quite the opposite of the normal broadcasts they do. The failure in running was still there, but in different ways.

- The quality of the broadcast (as in the image) was much more clear than they have done before.
- However they managed to stare at a task bar for 2 minutes without knowing how to bring iRacing back up.
- Invisible walls
- Lag
- Cars hopping around (lag related)
- Amatuer way of skipping through laps on the replay interface.
- Playing music for 20 minutes straight during the broadcast.
- Promoting random trash talk and in a sense wreckless driving.
- Commentators laughed at the crashes.
- Cameras focused more on crashes instead of the leaders
- Cameras switched every 3 seconds
- Showed 1 lap old coverage for over a lap.
- Oval race was supposed to have cautions, however they made it 5 extra laps with no cautions on "accident".

The annoying part is how they focused on crashes more than the actual racing, and kinda just chose to laugh at it rather than watching some of the decent/great racing for the top 5-6 positions. This is the opposite of what they normally do with things like DWC and Pro series where they like to "hide" the bad stuff and only focus on the good stuff. They even like to act as if iRacing is real talking about their pit crews and stuff as if they are real people, yet the broadcast last night they were acting like it was just "some game".

Really just shot integrity and stuff out the window on that one, was a disappointment for sure. I got to spectate the oval race on server and it was just a mess. They promoted resetting your car and continuing to drive, which just lead to huge crashes where lapped cars would take out cars battling for positions.
Yeah, some of the dwc races were pretty awesome to watch. I think the indianapolis dwc road race was just awesome. I think the first silverstone was a fun race too. Definitely recommend checking out those: http://www.psrtv.com/archive/index.php
This thread is closed

iRacing
(13603 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG