The online racing simulator
Ferguson!
Quote from J@tko :As a Man Utd fan, I do mostly agree with The Moose, especially with

I still think Suarez is acting like a bit of a child though, if he'd have shaken Evra's hand (like a professional) then another word wouldn't have been spoken of it. Even Standard Chartered (L'pool's sponsors) are getting involved now.

EDIT: And of course he had to shake his hand cos Sepp Blatter says shaking hands solves racism.

Suarez didn't wanna shake his hand to make a point, Evra wants to continue this bullshit by dancing around Suarez like a fool and the end of a game but I agree with JB. Much like we've done with British F1 drivers of the past, almost anything they do goes front page and it could be some menial shit nobody really gives two hoots about.
Quote from RiseAgainstMe! :I can't see either Rangers or Celtic completely ceasing to exist in some form. Even if they are shut down completely, you know a new club will spring up in the exact same place, with the exact same fans, an almost identical name, and wearing the same colors. And where there are large numbers of fans, there is money. Would be a different club structure, but it will still be Rangers, since the persona of teams is tied into the fanbase and area so much.

See: AFC Wimbledon

Yeah but if Rangers where to go out of business then they would return as a new club but would most likely have to start from outside the Scottish leagues. We, unlike the English setup, do not have a pyramid system. The Scottish leagues are a closed leagues and teams are invited into the league at the lowest levels. This could mean that a if the worst was to happen (and it's getting more and more likely after today's development) the Glasgow Rangers play in the Junior Leagues. A huge change in the whole of Scottish Footbal.

Quote from CSF :
Yep. 100% correct. Let's hope County don't throw away the lead they have just now. Would be good to see a fresh face in the SPL, especially as it's a properly run club.

It was not that long ago that we found ourselves looking at admin as well. Only by the grace of McGregor who continue to fund the side as he does just now allows us to continue. If he was to leave, could we still play at the level we do?

Anyway onto today's development.

HRMC to ask the courts to put Rangers into administration
Rangers have 10 points deducted in the SPL.
Quote from Mackie The Staggie :The Scottish leagues are a closed leagues and teams are invited into the league at the lowest levels.

This, I did not know. Thanks

Still, you'd think the lower leagues would invite them pretty quickly, that with that many fans behind them they'd be able to cut a deal. Because even after the fallout of all the glory-hunters, there still have to have a bunch of people who have spent their entire lifes as a part of the club, and couldn't bear to see it die off completely. And I wager that would make them very attractive to the lower leagues on several levels.
Quote from RiseAgainstMe! :This, I did not know. Thanks

Still, you'd think the lower leagues would invite them pretty quickly, that with that many fans behind them they'd be able to cut a deal. Because even after the fallout of all the glory-hunters, there still have to have a bunch of people who have spent their entire lifes as a part of the club, and couldn't bear to see it die off completely. And I wager that would make them very attractive to the lower leagues on several levels.

This is not a straightforward assumption as there is a huge number of factors to take into consideration, also I didn't word it correctly when I said invited into the league.

In the case of the SFL needing to find another team to make up a shortfall, they invite proposals from other sides, then they select from that pool

Now if a Phoenix Rangers club is to be formed they may be able to submit and application to come back into the leagues but then again they may not. A lot depends upon whether they can meet SFA regulations on being a club and there are a lot of criteria just to meet that level before even thinking of being a SFL club. The biggest issue a new Rangers would face is the stadium, I would imagine Rangers being wound up would involve the loss of Ibrox.

The most recent example I can give is the Gretna fiasco back in 2008 (I think). Gretna came from the bottom of Div 3 to the SPL in back to back season, bankrolled by a sugerdaddy. However he feel ill towards the end of the season and sadly lost his life to his illness. The problem there was that he was Gretna's main funding and it was all tied up with him so Gretna went bust. Now a fan base restricted the club and called themselves Gretna 2008 but where unable to even be in a position to put in an application to come back into the leagues for a number of reasons.

All of the above is likely to be academical though. The events yesterday seem to indicate that it is not the HMRC that hold the ace's in this case but Craig Whyte, the current owner of Rangers FC. By Rangers getting their petition in ahead of HMRC's they have been able to appoint there own administrators. If they HMRC had won the attempt to put their chosen auditors in then liquidation could have been a possibility and while it still is a possibility, it's lower down the list. I fully expect them to come out of adminstration somewhere down the line, but unsure when and how.

Sorry for the wall of text, but it's not a straightforward case.
lol Arsenal...
Dont worry, they might win 5-0 at home!

yeah right..
That was horrible to watch...
Well...

I was going to wear an Arsenal jersey to school tomorrow but now I'm just too goddamn embarrassed.
So back in Scotland and with the Rangers situation, the administrators held what could only be described as the most pointless press conference I've seen.

Basically they can not, or will not say, where £24 million of money from Ticketus has gone to, the £9 million in PAYE money was put back into running of the club and yet they still made a loss of a reported £10 million from the month of May 2011. Also they still want to take on a player at a reported £7,500 per week wage despite being in administration (good luck getting that one around the rules, but will not be surprised if the SFA/SPL bent over backwards for them). They also state that it's highly unlikely that Rangers will go into liquidation, despite a possible tax bill of roughly £55 million (low end estimate) to £75 million (common reported figure)

One things for sure, it will be an interesting next couple of weeks and I think there will be some strange stuff reviled about going on's in the board room of Ibrox.
Just pathetic... And even more injuries...
Chelsea was lucky to lose by just 2 goals.
If Arsenal don't get a point on Sunday... =_=
Quote from shaun463 :If Arsenal don't get a point on Sunday... =_=

They sadly will be without Andrey Arshavin.
They won't...

I don't think I'm even going to bother DVRing the game.
5-2. Sorry for double post, but I felt the need ^^.
That goal and Arsenal's victory are both absurd.
Bring on the conspiracy theories about Anthony Gerrard.
Meh for the above.

Great match there! Is there something like an easy Liverpool win? Tilt
The blue side had spirit, I'll give them that.
No brilliant football, but lots of drama and fighting. Throughly enjoyed every second!
Now, red ones, get back on track, will ya?

---

LOL Tottenham! (shame, though)

LOL C.Ronaldo!
Quote from de Souza : Throughly enjoyed every second!

I didn't. Bloody stress will kill me.

Can't we do anything the easy way?

The General Football Discusion Thread
(3469 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG