The online racing simulator
Grand Theft Auto V
(1980 posts, started )
Quote from PMD9409 :US is trying their best too.

Sometimes I wonder about your ability to think. What defines a real car for you?

A car shaped as a PS3.
Quote from Boris Lozac :Don't give me that LFS crap, i'm just saying, it would be even more awesome with the real look and not the headlights from Boxter and rear end from Mustang..

Quote from Bose321 :A car shaped as a PS3.

That's the spirit.
Quote from Bose321 :A car shaped as a PS3.

Or a RRoDbox for that matter.

Edit: PMD Y U BEAT ME BY 1 MINUTE
I'm a psychic as a side job. Prostitution wasn't an option, too much work for my body to handle (have broken my back).
Quote from PMD9409 :

Yes, really.. i enjoy driving the Caterham more then LX4, sue me.. it's not crucial, i'm just saying it would be better if there were 'real' cars in the game like GTA, now stop beeing a smarta*s..
Quote from E.Reiljans :John5200.. best chess engines don't have any precalculated data..

Search for "Rybka vs Fritz" for example and have a nice look of play of two different engines, both of which don't have any precalculated data

PS: the "32GB for hash table" in your quote is amount of RAM needed, not size of installer. It can be saved to HDD, yeah, but it's not on the disk in the first place.

what ever... no matter if it needs to settle on your ram or your hard drive, simulating an city is kinda impossible.

And for fictional vs. real cars, I prefer having damage rather then shiny cars that only get some scratches. So fictional cars all the way the rest can be made like in all other GTA's via mods...
Quote from Boris Lozac :Yes, really.. i enjoy driving the Caterham more then LX4, sue me.. it's not crucial, i'm just saying it would be better if there were 'real' cars in the game like GTA, now stop beeing a smarta*s..

I thought you would enjoy it Mr. Console Man
Quote from John5200 :what ever... no matter if it needs to settle on your ram or your hard drive, simulating an city is kinda impossible.

Check Crash Time IV. It has very realistic traffic.
And it's map is pretty huge.
Must....resist...urge to post...
Quote from E.Reiljans :Check Crash Time IV. It has very realistic traffic.
And it's map is pretty huge.

How is this game any realistic... cars ignoring rules.... you crash them, they just continue driving and I guess the game takes place in Köln, which has a population of about 1 million people. So the traffic density is simulating what? 11 pm???

And I was still refering to this:
Quote from tristancliffe :The AI needs to be upgraded from terrible to acceptable. This is not achieved by random animations that play based on proximity to the player. It needs traffic that might actually behave like traffic, at a density one might find in a city. It needs accidents caused by avoiding you result in the drivers getting out and exchanging details. It means have police that actually behave like police, rather then letting you kill people, carjack and drive like a loon, but then giving you 3 stars of wanted from something not very unlawful.

We've had all these crappy elements for 10 years. I'm sure PCs and consoles are a lot better now, but all the processing power is spent putting smoke on exhausts and (rather nice, admittedly) clouds morphing in the sky.

And it is pretty much impossible to have a entire city simulated with every person reacting "normal" as you would expect in real life.
Quote from John5200 :How is this game any realistic... cars ignoring rules.... you crash them, they just continue driving and I guess the game takes place in Köln, which has a population of about 1 million people. So the traffic density is simulating what? 11 pm???

You can adjust traffic density to as high as "Rush hour" (I guess 17:30 or so? don't use AM/PM on this forum please, it's international).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=te_2Tyru-dA&hd=1 this is how traffic in CT 3/4 looks like.
Quote from E.Reiljans :You can adjust traffic density to as high as "Rush hour" (I guess 17:30 or so? don't use AM/PM on this forum please, it's international).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=te_2Tyru-dA&hd=1 this is how traffic in CT 3/4 looks like.

dude where do you live????? I live in a 20 000 ppl town and there is way more trafic then there...

going wrong way... they don't slow down or whatever. Where are the people. Gameplay of the german autobahn, why is everyone driving on so random lanes. Why does every car have the same speed. Why (exept at 0:33) are they just ignoring everyone especially why don't they make space when you come from behind fast. Btw, 0:33 is awkward again. While straight roads, why is everyone driving perfectly in the middle.

For a realistic traffic you also need realistic kind of personality's, you see that especially a on the german autobahn, you have speeders, you have cruisers, you have total a**holes and everything in between. Why don't you just admit it's impossible to create realistic realtime traffic in a game.
Quote from John5200 :

And it is pretty much impossible to have a entire city simulated with every person reacting "normal" as you would expect in real life.

I know that. But there is no excuse for having virtually no more people/cars/intelligence in a 2012 GTA than in a 2001 game. Sure the graphics are better, which means the lack of the above looks nicer.
Quote from Matrixi :You can always skip them? Personally I love GTA cutscenes, though I wouldn't increase them. Having a cutscene only at the start (and sometimes at the end) of a mission is just perfect.

If you skip the cutscenes the game doesn't make any sense at all. Would it be so difficult to incorporate the story into the gameplay instead of making players sit through so many cutscenes? GTA 4 and San Andreas were way more cutscene heavy than the earlier games, it was too much. If I sit down to play a game for 30 or 60 minutes and I spend 10 or 20 minutes watching cutscenes that's too much.
I found that you could get the jist of GTA IV cutscenes in the first 10-15 seconds and just skip the rest without missing very much.
Quote from Rappa Z :I found that you could get the jist of GTA IV cutscenes in the first 10-15 seconds and just skip the rest without missing very much.

Yeah actually I got that impression too, and maybe it's my OCD but I remember in earlier GTA games you could finish a mission in a different way and still succeed, so I was often waiting to hear undercurrents of different motivations from the characters, but obviously I was expecting too much. Can't have subtlety in a computer game, apparently.
Quote from Boris Lozac :I was thinking something, a big franchise as GTA can't get licenced cars?? It started to bother me really seeing these fake look-alike cars, maybe cause you can kill people with them etc, can't see any other reason..

That audi R8 in the trailer seemed pretty legit though.. although I'm not sure if it's identical. I agree though, having real cars in the game would be a nice addition.
Won't be a disaster if it isn't possible, that's what mods are for.. and most of the mods in GTA IV were of great quality!
Attached images
Knipsel.JPG
Quote from Rappa Z :I found that you could get the jist of GTA IV cutscenes in the first 10-15 seconds and just skip the rest without missing very much.

Are you one of those people who skip all the cut scenes? I watch them all because, after all, what's the point of playing the game if you don't absorb yourself into it as much as possible...I'll happily sit through 30 minutes of cutscene if it's done properly, like on some of the metal gear solid ones.
Quote from S14 DRIFT :Are you one of those people who skip all the cut scenes? I watch them all because, after all, what's the point of playing the game if you don't absorb yourself into it as much as possible...I'll happily sit through 30 minutes of cutscene if it's done properly, like on some of the metal gear solid ones.

wtf. I agree. stop trolling my soul.
Quote from S14 DRIFT :Are you one of those people who skip all the cut scenes? I watch them all because, after all, what's the point of playing the game if you don't absorb yourself into it as much as possible...I'll happily sit through 30 minutes of cutscene if it's done properly, like on some of the metal gear solid ones.

They're mostly shit though, or they were in GTA 4. Just people you don't care about, acting like tough guys. It was like watching a cartoon Eastenders.
Quote from thisnameistaken :They're mostly shit though, or they were in GTA 4. Just people you don't care about, acting like tough guys. It was like watching a cartoon Eastenders.

lol
-
(brandons48) DELETED by brandons48
Character choosing ftw!
I doubt it. Seems like it would double the amount rockstar has to pay for voice acting and script writing to have even two characters to choose from. Unless both characters are like claude and never talk.
Quote from flymike91 :Unless both characters are like claude and never talk.

Judging by the narration in the trailer I doubt that's the case this time.
I hate waiting.

Grand Theft Auto V
(1980 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG