The online racing simulator
Grand Theft Auto V
(1980 posts, started )
Quote from DejaVu :Already confirmed Ported by Rockstar Leeds, trailer looks to be from pc version tbh :S

Not confirmed.
The old guy: Tommy Vercetti
The tatooed guy: CJ
The beggar: Niko Bellic

Quote from Nadeo4441 :The old guy: Tommy Vercetti
The tatooed guy: CJ
The beggar: Niko Bellic

Yes to the first one, no way in hell to the other 2.
I instantly recognised nico and cj when i watched first time, but when i looked again and paused the trailer...not so much, faces are bit different, clothing is the same though .
Yeah. The idea was posted on Reddit a couple of times already.

The thing is, if we go by the time San Andreas was set in and the time GTA5 is set in, CJ would have to be near his 50's I think, and the guy looks nowhere near that in the trailer.

Would be cool but I doubt it will happen.
Quote from DejaVu :Already confirmed Ported by Rockstar Leeds, trailer looks to be from pc version tbh :S

Same guys who are porting La Noire..

So either they both will be F'ed up or they both will be awesome.
Quote from Kid222 :Agree, i was secretly hoping for Hawaii, which was speculated earlier, or something in Europe, like Prague.

But you figure out, that probably:
1) In California area, there's still loads of potential to beat out, on RAGE engine it's a challenge to make whole San Andreas work and look good, the open nature has so many possibilities, i can imagine we're having something great coming towards us. Original San Andreas was probably only alpha, in retrospective.
2) Most of Rockstar team are from America (i guess), so they know their country and habits better -> lulz and jokes. Studying new country and their mentality, to make it into usual GTA quality takes some research -> FU gamers, we want cheezburgers and money, no more hard work.

It's like all the films and TV shows that come out of the USA though - most are set in LA or NY, I'm ****ing bored to death of both places.

Whereas look at what Coen Bros. do in terms of showing aspects of America that aren't normally portrayed. Very refreshing, and they obviously do a lot of research. Admittedly you couldn't set a gangster game in North Dakota, but there are more places on earth than just LA and NY where it would be feasible.

Oh well...
Oh well.. let's hope for GTA 69.

Someone pointed out, you can see number 2405 in one scene (0:55). Release date?
Quote from S3ANPukekoh3 :if it was tommy vercetti... wasn't VC set in the 80s... So he'd be at least 60??

Depending on when the game is set, mid 50s to 60 (he was "born" in '51). VC was set in 1986 when he was 35. It does look plausible that it is him.
Well he does look quite aged in the trailer.
Dont forget guys theres going to be multiple stories, or has been rumored to have multiple stories. So it may be a number of familiar faces
And damn it looks more amazing when im actually awake vs 3:30am xD
Clouds are actually morphing in the background in some scenes!
actually a bit disappointing? same realistic city setting and didnt see much new elements
Can't wait for this O_0
So when is this expected to be released? This year or Q1/Q2 2012? I remember all of the old GTA games were out at the end of November..
Quote from S14 DRIFT :So when is this expected to be released? This year or Q1/Q2 2012? I remember all of the old GTA games were out at the end of November..

Christmas this year, together with S3 (Yes I'm very optimistic in my thinking!).
Looking at that trailer, I get the impression the game's as good as finished.. but looks can be deceiving. I just hope it won't be long.. as that trailer got me really interested in the game.
This time next year at the earliest methinks.

That's on par with the GTA IV timeline.
I'd imagine Q3/Q4 2012 earliest. Q1/Q2 2013 for PC.
Quote from JJ72 :actually a bit disappointing? same realistic city setting and didnt see much new elements

ummmm.... cars, motorcycles, gulf carts, jetskis, light planes, trucks, jets, zeppelins, helicopters and private jets....

what where you expecting? ufo's?

edit: someone online pointed this out... release date 24.05.??? (bottom right corner)
Attached images
plugin-container 2011-11-03 12-12-35-27.png
Quote from Matrixi :I'd imagine Q3/Q4 2012 earliest. Q1/Q2 2013 for PC.

I'd say Q1/Q2 2012 for the consoles and Q4 2012 for the PC. It's all just a guessing game but looking at the past I think those are the most plausible periods.
Quote from John5200 :ummmm.... cars, motorcycles, gulf carts, jetskis, light planes, trucks, jets, zeppelins, helicopters and private jets....

what where you expecting? ufo's?

Cars, bikes, carts, light planes, trucks, jets, helicopters and jets are nothing new. Zeppelins are hardly much different from other forms of flight for the purposes of the game, and jetskis are much like boats.

All of this has been in GTA before. So isn't new.

The struggle is to make the game feel like you're part of a city. In all previous versions you've felt like you're not actually PART of the city, with very simple and sporadic interaction. Occasionally people will scream and run away. Occasionally some random person(s) will shoot at you. But it's just filler between driving fast for no real reason.

However, it'll be fun, and I'm looking forward to it. But lets not pretend this will be very different to the older versions.
Quote from tristancliffe :The struggle is to make the game feel like you're part of a city.

The struggle is to reduce the cutscenes so they're less than 90% of the game.

I want to play a game, not watch a half-baked movie.

Grand Theft Auto V
(1980 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG