The online racing simulator
Quote from dadge :so, that's a no then. crimping and testing is part of the install process...

Testing is not part of install process, and crimping takes 30 seconds at worst.
Quote from E.Reiljans :Testing is not part of install process, and crimping takes 30 seconds at worst.

testing is part of the install process. how else are you meant to know you installed something correctly? how do you know the cable is not faulty?
who ever told you that testing is not part of the install process has their head up their own arse.
Quote from dadge :how do you know the cable is not faulty?

By buying good UTP from well known manufacturers with good reputation.
Quote from E.Reiljans :By buying good UTP from well known manufacturers with good reputation.

who have failure margins?
Quote from E.Reiljans :By buying good UTP from well known manufacturers with good reputation.

Even then you'll still test your work. I do it for a living and most of the install time focuses around testing. Any prat can throw cable in the wall.
Quote from dadge :testing is part of the install process. how else are you meant to know you installed something correctly? how do you know the cable is not faulty?
who ever told you that testing is not part of the install process has their head up their own arse.

what to test? plug it in and see if you have internet?

I am currently online using a 30m cable too lol.
Quote from P5YcHoM4N :Even then you'll still test your work. I do it for a living and most of the install time focuses around testing. Any prat can throw cable in the wall.

What's the point of testing a 20m cut of UTP, when the whole 100m roll it was cut off has been factory-tested?
Quote from E.Reiljans :What's the point of testing a 20m cut of UTP, when the whole 100m roll it was cut off has been factory-tested?

Because you can easily damage cable, if you crimp it badly it isn't going to work, so you'll test it after cutting the cable to size and crimping. Then again after it is in situation to make sure you haven't cracked any of the cable, usually a small chance of this happening, but it is better you find out before you redecorate than after. This is even more important now plumbing the building with fibre optic cable is becoming popular.

Quote from JJ72 :what to test? plug it in and see if you have internet?

I am currently online using a 30m cable too lol.

We use a cable tester at work which can detect if there is noise on the line cause by ****ing up somewhere, but if you want to save many pounds for the testing kit, just plug it in and see if it works.
Quote from P5YcHoM4N :Because you can easily damage cable, if you crimp it badly it isn't going to work, so you'll test it after cutting the cable to size and crimping.

I don't usually crimp cables badly, but when I do, I usually notice it immediately.

I actually stole it from my brother, but in the end, it's the same...
stealing is not the same as purchasing!
neeeeeeeeeext!
Quote from matijapkc :Keyboard

I actually stole it from my brother, but in the end, it's the same...

ive got the very same...bought it for...3€ new
why steal it...its so darn cheap
I got almost the same also...only with more buttons, got it for free
Currently negotiating an antique Czech bass with a geezer in Dorset, thing's about 100 years old and sounds amazing. Fingers X'd.
Bought this

looks too bling with that steel band so ordered also this - proper sailcloth band
Quote from [RCG]Boosted :ive got the very same...bought it for...3€ new
why steal it...its so darn cheap

Well, it's more like 17 or 18€ here... And it's a really good kb, so it was worth the steal...
Quote from P5YcHoM4N :The quality depends on the electrics in your house. If they are good quality power lines, no worries. But if you have shitty electrics, put in by a drunken monkey, they aren't as good. They are a great alternative to WiFi if you have a recently rewired house (I'd say within the last 15 years), but obviously no match for a properly wired up network.

Of course, practicality means they are becoming very popular for obvious reasons. 5 minute install, rather than 5 days.

I had powerline ages ago. It was crap. Fine for basic browsing but online gaming, voip, teamspeak, large file downloads, would create so many collisions, interference, all that crap...was unusable.

As for last purchase, i hate speedbumps sticker and a dubway sticker.
Quote from [RCG]Boosted :http://www.hgspot.hr/14400/tipkovnica-logitech-deluxe-250-

here it says its a little over 8€...not as cheap as over here, but still

That's in Zagreb, our capital... And I live 125km away from it in a "town" (it's more like a pile of shit), so you need to add the transport prices, and like 10% profit for the store my bro bought it in... Also, it was like a year ago when he bought it so the price went down a bit.
was just saying
nice enough that even logitech has cheapo products.
Quote from [RCG]Boosted :was just saying
nice enough that even logitech has cheapo products.

Me too...
Well, what could be expensive on a keyboard? (by keyboard, I mean a normal keyboard like on the pic above, not some crazy spaceship keyboard with screens and shit...)
a Corsa Sport for my 3rd V6 project. 50k miles 1 owner...

Attached images
lju765tg.JPG
All goes to plan tomorrow, this:

I've wanted one since I first saw one go past on the motorway as a young lad in the 90's. <3

Ohhh, this album is amazing

Post your Last Purchase!
(7003 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG