The online racing simulator
Minecraft
(2685 posts, started )
Quote from Uke :Any one want to explore 1.8 with me today?

I might be up for it tonight.
What server, tho?
Hmm, I can't update, can't connect to minecraft.net.
I get a lot of OGL lag and screen tearing here

But I do like it, I ran the heck away from an Enderman first time I saw one. Then I decided to get a bow and kill it.

EDIT: Also, epic fail moment, built a wood shack, stored everything I had in it, went to mine stone. In a straight line mind you, I still turned around to go back and got lost. >.> Way to go me.
I just noticed something - right click when holding a sword, you block. Handy for the skeletons
Edit: Haven't found villiages yet, but I have found a massive lava spring which I poured water on to and now I have obsidian
Better not get lost again though...
I like the lighting in caves.

I went for a quick mine to find coal, found a cave, had a quick peek inside and I swear I could see a pair of little glowing eyes in the darkness! Went back up the stairs, blocked it off with stone, went to watch Man U hopefully get spanked by Benfica...
Er... How do you eat? I've got cooked pork chops here and I can't seem to eat them. :/

I think I'm going to die of starvation actually!
hold right click for eat
Yay, you saved my life.
Quote from thisnameistaken :Hmm, I can't update, can't connect to minecraft.net.

I found this - redownload the .exe and it should work.
Meh, I don't want to update til Optimine / Optifog is updated.
It's been difficult without the opti-fog/mine, there must be a way to reduce the save/time ratio with a simple .cfg value. Is there?
Is it me or Minecraft 1.8 lags MUCH more than 1.7.3?

It's actually unplayable with rain conditions on my 5 y/o computer.

Specs:
Intel Pentium 4 3.2 Ghz Hyper-Threading
MSi Geforce 210 - 512mb
2GB RAM
Windows XP Professional x32

the chunk generation is a lot more intensive, if you're not going into new areas it is a LOT smoother.

If you're going around already generated chunks and you're still getting slow downs, simply reload minecraft and it generally improves.
Quote from PoVo :Is it me or Minecraft 1.8 lags MUCH more than 1.7.3?

Specs:
MSi Geforce 210 - 512mb
2GB RAM

FPS does seem to have dropped a bit.
Is it true that Endermen can move any block? Sounds potentially very destructive, more frustrating than fun.
Does LFS Community have own server running? I just ask because I want to join with you guys
Quote from thisnameistaken :Is it true that Endermen can move any block? Sounds potentially very destructive, more frustrating than fun.

I think it only moves non user placed blocks, not sure
They can move any block (even bedrock) and including player-placed blocks according to the forums. It's annoying a LOT of people, not just due to the vandalism on their structures - after a few weeks in the game the landscape is ruined from Endermen taking random blocks at night.

An irritaing aspect is that when they die, the block they're holding is destroyed, so if they've picked up one of your diamond blocks then the sun comes out in the morning - poof!

I think they should move blocks instead of actually steal them (so drop the block when they die) and also make it less random - have them actually build something, even if it's just a random collection of blocks all in one place.
Yeah, endermen are quite seriously annoying. One of them managed to flood my lava trap with water by picking up one sand block that was between a lake and the lava.
Okay, I seem to be able to get lost with zero help at all.
Quote from DieKolkrabe :Okay, I seem to be able to get lost with zero help at all.

Not any plugins avaliable yet...
Quote from PoVo :Is it me or Minecraft 1.8 lags MUCH more than 1.7.3?

Specs:
MSi Geforce 210 - 512mb
2GB RAM

Seems like 1.8.1 has fixed the issue?! Hooray
Quote from Ales_M :Not any plugins avaliable yet...

Doesn't matter if I have plugins or not, I can get lost regardless :P
Spot anything strange? No hacks or /giving used!

This is how:

From the bottom of a cave, up to the surface, through the air in to my basement using pistons. A few hours wasted.

Minecraft
(2685 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG