The online racing simulator
New Version : 0.6B
(479 posts, closed, started )
Quote from TehPaws3D :
Intel I5 Quad core @ 7.00 GHZ

are you calculating all 4 cores into one value which is 1,75ghz per core?
Yeah, I was calculating the rated GHZ, the standard is about 4.28 GHZ
Seems like that we're looking for multi core support in S3
Quote from JazzOn :If you closed LFS and there is still so much CPU activity see what program is using it

There's nothing else running apart from windows services, I noticed that after the low fps happen the computer is really slow.. and as you can see I have almost nothing installed in the computer (40 processes running).

Edit: Because there's high cpu usage I went to the other tab to see what's using that much CPU, but it shows that the idle process is using 90%, so I can't find what's the real problem with LFS.. If I don't use LFS at all.. the computer will work perfectly hours/days.
Are you sure that there isn't something overheating? Like the GPU... Which turns itself down as a safety measure.

Other then that there are no low FPS problems. If you do experience that then you have a 1995 video card and / or system and it's time to do something about it.
Quote from cargame.nl :Are you sure that there isn't something overheating? Like the GPU... Which turns itself down as a safety measure.

Other then that there are no low FPS problems. If you do experience that then you have a 1995 video card and / or system and it's time to do something about it.

The computer had been off for a while, so I don't think it got overheated in 5 minutes (even the fan was off).

Mi laptop is not from 1995.. it's a Dell XPS 1640. and It's one year and a half old.. I also have one mat for the laptop, like this one.

I've been playing LFS since 2004 and never experienced a problem like this before with any of my previous computers.
Quote from BriZz :
Edit: Because there's high cpu usage I went to the other tab to see what's using that much CPU, but it shows that the idle process is using 90%, so I can't find what's the real problem with LFS.. If I don't use LFS at all.. the computer will work perfectly hours/days.

That's strange because the idle process would not show spikes in the performance tab... so idk

I guess you did not mod the lfs.exe somehow?

Maybe the fan on the gracard is dusty. I used to forget about it and screwd a card with it xD

PS. i would also try what bothy said
Quote from BriZz :text...

Off-topic:

OMG BriZz, are you back to LFS??

I remember you sharing me something in 2005-2006

It's *ROCK* ROCK^cl, hi
Quote from BriZz :The computer had been off for a while, so I don't think it got overheated in 5 minutes (even the fan was off).

Mi laptop is not from 1995.. it's a Dell XPS 1640. and It's one year and a half old.. I also have one mat for the laptop, like this one.

I've been playing LFS since 2004 and never experienced a problem like this before with any of my previous computers.

Well .. The solution is easy. Install Z28 and wait 5 minutes. But I actually think it's still the laptop itself / drivers. If the FPS suddenly falls from 100+ FPS to 8 then clearly the GPU is being clocked down or even shut down. My Asus G2S did that too.

Vacuum cleaner helps more then a cooling mat. You won't believe how much dust a laptop can suck up in a few months and block the air paths. I took hunderds apart already.

Quote from cargame.nl :Well .. The solution is easy. Install Z28 and wait 5 minutes. But I actually think it's still the laptop itself / drivers. If the FPS suddenly falls from 100+ FPS to 8 then clearly the GPU is being clocked down or even shut down. My Asus G2S did that too.

Vacuum cleaner helps more then a cooling mat. You won't believe how much dust a laptop can suck up in a few months and block the air paths. I took hunderds apart already.

Hi!

The solution is not to install Z28, as I said that this problem happens on open tracks.. I can race for hours (well the computer can.. I'll probably be tired after 1 hour.. hehe). In fact I'm racing in other servers fine..
no they were falling when you hit them in Z28 as far as i know.
As far as I know - they were not falling... This bug is quite old I believe...
I would suggest use a program to monitor cpu temperatures like everest or aida32.It's the last thing that everybody thinks of(including me) but often the cpu or gpu gets overheated and slows down to avoid burning.
If the cpu or gpu run at over 80 degrees c then you have a heat problem and you need either to buy a bigger case and a better cpu fan and place the case on a better place to cool(outside from the desk for example)

If you have a laptop there are some decent laptop coolers on ebay...

Last but not least a better video card or processor is the best solution as some of the newer proccessors and video cards run better because of smaller die-cast.

Ps-And the last solution i found the best after some messing around is water cooling...
Quote from justasimfan :I would suggest use a program to monitor cpu temperatures like everest or aida32.It's the last thing that everybody thinks of(including me) but often the cpu or gpu gets overheated and slows down to avoid burning.
If the cpu or gpu run at over 80 degrees c then you have a heat problem and you need either to buy a bigger case and a better cpu fan and place the case on a better place to cool(outside from the desk for example)

If you have a laptop there are some decent laptop coolers on ebay...

Last but not least a better video card or processor is the best solution as some of the newer proccessors and video cards run better because of smaller die-cast.

Ps-And the last solution i found the best after some messing around is water cooling...

Hi I Downloaded HWMonitor and check the temperature and when the low fps happened, system, h.d. and gpu, were under 80 degrees. And playing other games I saw that temperature going up to almost 90 without any effects on the fps. So I really think is not a overheating problem.

After I ran the game the cpu usage is really high, in "idle" the idle process is "using" 60-70% but I cannot find the other 30-40%. I have 39 processes and the sum of all of them is less than 10%.

So I think is a game problem in open layouts. I don't what does wrong but definitely is not a hardware problem.

Thanks for your suggestions but I cannot add liquid cooling or change the graphic card, it's built-in in the motherboard of my laptop..
That's good.

But ill bet the layout prolly has about 700 objects?

( I was here seing if JustASimFan was gonna say something that would give me a reason to flame him , but oh well )
Can somebody explain, why on open tracks in-car view gives less FPS than on follow/camera view?
lol! Prepare to get flamed...

(unless it's because i am Pete)
There's a difference in your posts. It's not because "you're Pete". With the lack of updates we get these days the community will flame anyone who talks down on the few updates we get only because one guy can't get 100fps with a maxed out graphic setting
Well no one actually came up with anything helpful to resolve the FPS issue I was having even though I tried to explain that I wasn't complaining about the new configs/updates.

Even with lower (lowest) graphics settings i still struggled to get 20fps, but of course, you didn't want to know that...

At the end of the day, as more and more people try these layouts, there are going to more and more complaints. So get used to it!
Quote from Litro :Can somebody explain, why on open tracks in-car view gives less FPS than on follow/camera view?

Well in car view normally gives a tiny bit less than wheels view, and maybe follow but I've never really tested it - obviously on open configs you'll have less FPS to play with so the effect will be magnified...

And Pete, you didn't even bother to reply to a member of your own team who was trying to help you, so what chance do we have to get you to listen Though if you get 20fps what the hell were you getting before you turned your graphics down?
OK. I've found what gives this FPS loosing - mirrors.
Quote from boothy :And Pete, you didn't even bother to reply to a member of your own team who was trying to help you, so what chance do we have to get you to listen Though if you get 20fps what the hell were you getting before you turned your graphics down?

I replied within an hour???

Answer to my question - yes it's because you are Pete :something
This thread is closed

New Version : 0.6B
(479 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG