The online racing simulator
New Version : 0.6B
(479 posts, closed, started )
#226 - BMB
\to Scaven
Not sure if this belongs here.
I think that the hardest part on designing tyre model than editing to working alogorythm for cpu is real number of sections (elemnts) some of them are bounded to other model (road comection and rim conection + suspension) (these models are maybe based on similar methods(than it starts to be really complex problem (precise measuring in real life) -> you need enough chaotical reality based generator of road and tire surface, even tire and surface matirials are nonlinear behavior))... Its like optimised FEM which can be computed realtime... with some nice number of differential equatins ... Am I right or i am just delusional, I would love to know your boundary magnitudes ? I am not programer but i like math and physics and regulators I am just curious about reality aproximation which is used in LFS.

Sorry for my english i wasnot sure about few words :-) Thanks for developing LFS !!!
Quote from BMB :.... I am just curious about reality aproximation which is used in LFS.

Sorry for my english i wasnot sure about few words :-) Thanks for developing LFS !!!

I know im not scawen. But I think there is a thread lurking in the forums that looks at the segment model. Maybe on lfswiki?

Im sure some forum ninja can help perhaps, good start is here perhaps
http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?t=67133

Anyways loving the hotlaping changes.
Been away for a month what a nice surprise when I came back! Question for anyone since I upgraded I no longer see my mouse cursor in full screen mode. I need to SHIFT + F4 back to a window to make changes to settings for example anyone got a clue how to fix this?
Shift+Z show/hide mouse.

edit: Also
Quote from docs/Commands.txt :/showmouse [yes/no] - show or hide mouse (SHIFT + Z)

Bizarre doesn't work for me..
Quote from Kat0san :Been away for a month what a nice surprise when I came back! Question for anyone since I upgraded I no longer see my mouse cursor in full screen mode. I need to SHIFT + F4 back to a window to make changes to settings for example anyone got a clue how to fix this?

oh dear, scawen changed some stuff in the mouse steering region, but im not having the same problem, are you using a steering wheel or a mouse to steer?
One driver keeps having CPW error
I'm running 8 LFS servers all on the latest version.
Since the upgrade there is one driver who gets banned every time he is on one of my servers.
It doesn't happen after a fixed amount of time, but in the end it happens.
On his end he did the following steps in order to solve the problem:

1. Clean install of LFS.
2. Ran an extensive check of my memory. No errors.
3. Shut off router firewall.
4. Checked for viruses etc. Clean.
5. Computer is running at its standard rate. Not overclocked.

I have no idea what I or he could do to stop this problem so any help would be appreciated.
I've included the logfile of the server and the replay in which the CPW error happened.
Attached files
11-AB-S2L.txt - 97.9 KB - 258 views
SO1R_qual_240M_0R_1Q_10.mpr - 152.6 KB - 329 views
CPW = Cheat Protection ... ermmm... something...
This means,that client's LFS.exe has been modified in some way,so it's his fault. He should get a new LFS.exe file (from fresh install for example) and problems should trouble no more.
Quote from Eclipsed :CPW = Cheat Protection ... ermmm... something...
This means,that client's LFS.exe has been modified in some way,so it's his fault. He should get a new LFS.exe file (from fresh install for example) and problems should trouble no more.

Quote from Yisc[NL] :I'm running 8 LFS servers all on the latest version.
Since the upgrade there is one driver who gets banned every time he is on one of my servers.
It doesn't happen after a fixed amount of time, but in the end it happens.
On his end he did the following steps in order to solve the problem:

1. Clean install of LFS.
2. Ran an extensive check of my memory. No errors.
3. Shut off router firewall.
4. Checked for viruses etc. Clean.
5. Computer is running at its standard rate. Not overclocked.

I have no idea what I or he could do to stop this problem so any help would be appreciated.
I've included the logfile of the server and the replay in which the CPW error happened.

Quote from Eclipsed :CPW = Cheat Protection ... ermmm... something...

I know it is cheat protection and I also know this person isn't a cheater, as I run those servers for a racing team (Absolute-Beginners.net) he is participating in. The servers are password protected, so only team members can get on them. I also stated that he did a totaly clean install and that the problem didn't go away. I hope Scawen wants to look into this.
I am finding it hard to think that it could be anything other than a hardware fault (or the operating system, but I doubt that). Either the CPW calculation is going wrong due to a CPU fault, though that would be unexpected and you'd expect other faults or random bugs to show up in that case. It seems more likely that the CPW check is working but a byte of memory in LFS is somehow changing state. But I think you are saying that user performed a memory check.

I'm not a hardware expert but I'm wondering if it could be a memory (or possibly CPU) issue caused by heat. As running LFS will cause the computer to run hotter than when it is idle. Has your friend tried opening up his computer and blowing away the dust from everything including the fans?

It's hard for me to think it is an LFS bug at this time, because this is the only known case of the CP check going wrong in this version.
Quote from Scawen :I am finding it hard to think that it could be anything other than a hardware fault (or the operating system, but I doubt that). Either the CPW calculation is going wrong due to a CPU fault, though that would be unexpected and you'd expect other faults or random bugs to show up in that case. It seems more likely that the CPW check is working but a byte of memory in LFS is somehow changing state. But I think you are saying that user performed a memory check.

I'm not a hardware expert but I'm wondering if it could be a memory (or possibly CPU) issue caused by heat. As running LFS will cause the computer to run hotter than when it is idle. Has your friend tried opening up his computer and blowing away the dust from everything including the fans?

It's hard for me to think it is an LFS bug at this time, because this is the only known case of the CP check going wrong in this version.

I agree with you that it can't be called a bug at this point, otherwise more people would be affected by it. The strange this, last sunday there was a race night and he was on the server the whole race, without any problem. Later that night (he lives in Canada) he came back to practise and got the error almost instantly. I will ask about the dust. Would there be any other solution like some debug executable (not to brag about it, but I am very experienced with software (developement)) he could run to capture what's happening in a logfile?
Quote from Yisc[NL] :I know it is cheat protection and I also know this person isn't a cheater, as I run those servers for a racing team (Absolute-Beginners.net) he is participating in. The servers are password protected, so only team members can get on them. I also stated that he did a totaly clean install and that the problem didn't go away. I hope Scawen wants to look into this.

Does he have CPW issues on other servers, or is it just yours?
Quote from MadCatX :Does he have CPW issues on other servers, or is it just yours?

He has tried other servers, but never stayed long enough on them to see if it happens there too.
Scawen, problems.
Look replay the race started 11 of the terms on behalf of agtem. Use the form eyes

replay
Quote from [Audi TT] :Scawen, problems.
Look replay the race started 11 of the terms on behalf of agtem. Use the form eyes

replay

Agtem did shift+p after that big lag?
no. After lag agtem, LFS identified him on a counter-movement, but actually he was going in the right direction. Program airio translated it into viewers
Quote from [Audi TT] :no. After lag agtem, LFS identified him on a counter-movement, but actually he was going in the right direction. Program airio translated it into viewers

Nothing special. Happened to me some minutes ago too.
this is a bug
I don't know if this was posted before.. but the search didn't get any related results.

Since 0.6B on open tracks I've been experiencing very low fps.

I rebooted the computer and made an screenshot of the Task Manager

and then I ran the LFS (FPS limited to 100)

After about 5 minutes...

After I closed the LFS

My computer specs:
Core2Duo T9600 2.8GHz
4GB RAM
Graphic card:
- ATI Radeon HD 4670
- Memory Size 2798 MB
Attached images
cpu_start.png
cup_afterLFS.png
lfs_normal_fps.png
lfs_low_fps.png
I think that low framerate may be caused by poor culling system. Before, LFS had culling system that only showed the next part of the track depending on configuration.
But since, on open configs, the whole track is rendered the framerate is getting low. Also, layout objects are not good for FPS. I don´t have much experience with culling systems(well, almost none :shy so Scawen(game programmer) may give you a better answer...
If you closed LFS and there is still so much CPU activity see what program is using it
Use Process Explorer instead of task manager, has process' cpu history and more useful stuff.
Same results as him if it matters, I did it just to test, And LFS used 97% of my CPU and CTD'd on a cruise layout.

Specs:
Intel I5 Quad core @ 7.00 GHZ
Nvidia GeForce 460 SE

Just so you know, I had smartclosed everything, So it was just LFS.

Running LFS with more processes (A full day's load is about 120) And another game running in the background... It runs great.
This thread is closed

New Version : 0.6B
(479 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG