The online racing simulator
New Version : 0.6B
(479 posts, closed, started )
Or could it be that Eric lost interest?

Or maybe just his moderator rights where revoked for some reason?
Quote from rockclan :Or could it be that Eric lost interest?

Or maybe just his moderator rights where revoked for some reason?

Did he ever have any interest?

But, he is the best moderator I've seen.
Quote from Bose321 :Did he ever have any interest?

But, he is the best moderator I've seen.

From what do you judge this from?
This is the most bullshit game developers I have ever seen, no respect what so ever to its users, its like they dont give a crap. When they do actually show up they're telling someone off.

Come on guys?? You HAD something good here, you should've shown some ****ing intrest but instead you live under a rock.

Every time you come on the forum you're woundering "hmm i wounder why they are so mad, lets tell them off and give them the finger saying its done when i feel like it".

If you have quit working on LFS, atleast tell the damn users, give them some frikking information.

/back to iracing

EDIT: TopTip: I wounder why GTA V gets alot of intrest pre-release, MAYBE ITS BECAUSE THEY RELEASE PICTURES AND INFORMATION?
He is still a developer if you look into his profile. What's happenning?
Silence from devs is getting to everyone, everyone is about to lose it.:throwrose:throwrose
Quote from Whiskey :He is still a developer if you look into his profile. What's happenning?

Eric is still a developer, he only lost his admin status here on the forum. Don’t worry
Quote from Whiskey :He is still a developer if you look into his profile. What's happenning?

Could be that he has a custom user title that needs manually changing, or that the vBulletin scheduled task that updates user titles has not run yet.
Quote from Flame CZE :Eric is still a developer, he only lost his admin status here on the forum. Don’t worry

And why is that? Just curious.
-
(Sobis) DELETED by Sobis : How the heck did I miss Flame's post?
-
(rockclan) DELETED by rockclan : tr44464646464rdeh
Quote from Flame CZE :Eric is still a developer, he only lost his admin status here on the forum. Don’t worry

yeah, 'oops' he's admin again.

It's freaky how quickly people find out and think the worst. But don't worry all.
Actually now I am starting to worry...
mhmm
For the love of god! Stop bumping this ancient thread and close it!
nevar!
Well, thanks for confirming that Eric is still alive Victor!
I dont see why is Eric so unpopular. About graphics side, Eric cant do more details than what the game engine allows him. Damn, LFS hasnt even support for bump maps.

!!!WARNING: GEEKY STUFF!!!
From little I know about C++, that relplacing DX8 for newer version, or even OpenGL3* might not be that difficult if the code is well written. Replacing old routines may be done without harm because graphic side of DX is just a sort of thin layer.
I did once a rewrite of one of my libraries(game settings customisation) and except the module, no files were affected, because it was still doing totaly same things, but in more modern way under 3 operating systems... just in case you want to tell, that im just whiny kid who had seen programming once in TV.

So, blame Scawen(sorry for that:schwitz

In general, the rendering system update will bring faster rendering and huge variety of effects. I think that this will be next step after implementing new tire physics, engine temparature and maybe new visual damage system.

Then we can blame Eric for not making ultra detail stuff
P.S. No offence to Scawen, i know what tremendous amount of work is involved in programming of mathematical formulas that have to be performed so many times per second(2000 Hz i think, to prevent vehicle spasming)

* in case of replacing DX with OpenGL, there would have to be added aditional libraries, like OpenAL for sound and SDL for user interface.
Quote from Bigbob1993 :snip

I think most of the bad press Eric has received, points towards a lack of new content, not the quality of his work.
Well, he obviously started, but then Scawen realised that the new content must have new physics, which is great anyway. Lets see what will come after physics update. I think that Eric and Scawen have more surprises for us
But if you look at mesh. Its pretty simple for these days. But still I can say that even my 4 years old PC if we are 40 at start my fps drops form 300 to 30 which isnt good. But it gives sense as so many calculations are done in 2000Hz frequency...
This thread is closed

New Version : 0.6B
(479 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG