The online racing simulator
New Version : 0.6B
(479 posts, closed, started )
Guys I think this is a case of collision physics in LFS. Its maybe the same problem like sometimes your tire sticks to the curb and you get over. Maybe this is happening because of the physics frequency or just not so good algorithm.

I think that algorithm isnt so well. There is always a delay so when the physics step came on the cars actually collided by a very small part of mesh so it got somehow connected. In other case if you are lagging more you get to the car in front by large part which puts you with some "equivalent" force back so you get unconnected. I think this bug is somehow specific.

Anyway I think this isnt the case its just connected to the whole collision problems.
Could there be a low pressure zone (say 0.95 bar instead of 1 bar) behind the car infront, dragging the other car along?
-
(E.Reiljans) DELETED by E.Reiljans
Quote from Skagen :Could there be a low pressure zone (say 0.95 bar instead of 1 bar) behind the car infront, dragging the other car along?

Damn, at first glance I thought the latest post was by Scawen, damn you
Quote from Skagen :Could there be a low pressure zone (say 0.95 bar instead of 1 bar) behind the car infront, dragging the other car along?

Most probably not and if there was something it would not affect the car dramatically (especially for road cars). And even I doubt that lfs is coded in the way it would be physically correct in the deep of these aspects.
Quote from Keling :AFAIK, many VOB mods change PHYSICS, which is bad for online racing.

The VOB mesh is not only a graphical model, it also controls collision detection in some way. Let's imagine two players using a VOB which removes all the collision on the car body. The two car may come so close that a car's front wheels are about to touch the rear ones of the other car. If the original VOB is used, the cars would be sky rocketing. But with the "mod", they can run with out problem. Not fair, right ?

yes, when I race on KY1, I will use a "all left" vob
Quote from [Audi TT] :What is it? Me in this division were turned around a few times.
http://youtu.be/Fj4o8G6bqHs

owned ufr gots so good grip you dont even actually need to brake to many we corners so respect for tbo
Quote from teppo.jr :owned ufr gots so good downforce you dont even actually need to brake to many we corners so respect for tbo

I once at this place turned on the RAC. Even saw one guy (car LX4) on this twist slightly jumped and slightly broke the suspension.
the killer of the suspension. I remember Scawen spoke that is not able to write the correct algorithm for collision of the body\tires on the corner of objects. It's sad because for some of the race may end because of this problem with the corner.
Quote from teppo.jr :ufr gots so good downforce you dont even actually need to brake to many we corners

What? UFR has wings? I didn't know that, where can I adjust the angle?
Fail.
UFR can go through many corners without braking because of slicks, not downforce!
Quote from Sobis :UFR can go through many corners without braking because of slicks and low weight, not downforce!

Fixed for ya...
We are not talking about downforce.
Quote from Eclipsed :
Quote from Sobis :
UFR can go through many corners without braking because of slicks and low weight, not downforce!

Fixed for ya...

I dont think so weight affects cornering. Or that it affects by a part.
Quote from L@gger :I dont think so weight affects cornering. Or that it affects by a part.

try driving the fz5. exactly lol
Quote from L@gger :I dont think so weight affects cornering. Or that it affects by a part.

Centripetal force (i.e. Grip needed) = mv^2/r
Quote from J@tko :Centripetal force (i.e. Grip needed) = mv^2/r

But also the grip increases with the weight of the car because

Fn = m*g
Ffriction = f * Fn

There is suspension and other factors that are changing it but not dramatically and you can set up car for it.
The biggest role in cornering with different weight is most probably of tires.
Quote from Sobis :What? UFR has wings? I didn't know that, where can I adjust the angle?
Fail.
UFR can go through many corners without braking because of slicks, not downforce!

uhm ment grip... thanks to google translator
Quote from L@gger :But also the grip increases with the weight of the car because

Fn = m*g
Ffriction = f * Fn

There is suspension and other factors that are changing it but not dramatically and you can set up car for it.
The biggest role in cornering with different weight is most probably of tires.

The physical effect of weight increases in a perfectly linear way. Tyre grip doesn't.

Usually, the more weight you have, the less grip/weight ratio you get. When the pressure reaches a certain degree (very unlikely for normal race cars though) that the rubber is so tightly pressed onto the road surface, the grip may even stop increasing.
I said that and most probably it isnt so much noticeable in these weight differences. The UFR has better cornering nearly because of the slicks. IMO the weight factor could be negleced in this case.
Also for slicks the weight factor maybe have much less role than it could be with some special rallycross offrad tires. There wouldnt have only a big role mechanical friction but also some shape contact factors.
dont understand=forget it
Comin up on a year now.....
Hi all,

Well, in 8 days it will be a year since LFS 0.6B was released and LFS Racers are leaving in droves. Although I don't understand why, good LFS racers are opting for the expense of paying monthly for the over bloated iRacing. I, for one, cannot afford that and will not go there.

I've tried other simulations and rFactor is pretty good, but multi-player is a massive disaster. rFactor 2 is in Beta right now and looks promising.

I won't even go near anything Codemasters puts out. They ought to be ashamed and embarrassed of how absolutely horrible they've made navigating throughout the game. Yes, Codemasters makes games, not simulations.

The new Project Cars also looks promising, but is a heavy hit on video cards. SimRaceway is another that looks to be in the running, but the fact remains that LFS, to me, has set the standard by which I judge all other simulations.

No other simulation has a multi-player set up as good as LFS, or is as easy to access/navigate as LFS. No other simulation has a human interface that is easier to use or understand BY FAR. Everything you need to adjust is easily accessible at anytime from just about anywhere in the software. No other simulation has anything close to LFS's incredible LFS World, where users can find a wealth of helpful information and statistics to track and assist their driving abilities and career. The only reason I am having any hesitations about staying with LFS is because the multi-player community is dwindling to whats become and all time low in LFS history. Not to mention that LFS looks and sounds out dated.

I write this post to find out if there is any news to report and if not, what the developers (and users) of LFS think is the future of our beloved simulation, LFS.

Thoughts?

Devotee of the beloved LFS
[FM]^APayson - bass4usall
The news no. Scawen closed thread this all news.
This thread is closed

New Version : 0.6B
(479 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG