The online racing simulator
New Version : 0.6B
(479 posts, closed, started )
Quote from Bigbob1993 :I dont see why is Eric so unpopular.

Mostly it is his lack of communication, and the way he acts in PMs and towards people if they ever get in contact with him. Maybe its down to him that we can't PM the Devs anymore (would be very handy, especially for Hosts and Creaters of legal mods)
Quote from ACCAkut :Mostly it is his lack of communication, and the way he acts in PMs and towards people if they ever get in contact with him. Maybe its down to him that we can't PM the Devs anymore (would be very handy, especially for Hosts and Creaters of legal mods)

and baning people for silly reasons
Wow and I thought the sites I worked for had drama...

Guys... we only see a very small portion of whats involved in moderation on any site you go to. Many people notice the people being kicked or banned, but hardly anyone really notices how much work is required helping users and what kind of issues mods & admins really face on a day to day basis.

They have to deal with users that are pissed off for being banned from servers which isn't their fault, they have to help people find solutions to bugs they come across which again isn't their fault most of the time, and in general they have to do all of this with a smile while being insulted yet they are not allowed to talk back.... It's hard trying to stay positive when people are angry with you over things outside of your control.

The people that moderate this site and any other site are usually volunteers and do this on their own free will with little to no benefits other than they get to help people. Expecting them to be perfect when in this situation is not exactly fair to them not to mention a bit much to expect out of anyone really seeing as nobody is perfect.
-
(Chriship) DELETED by Chriship
Quote from Pablo Donoso :Wow and I thought the sites I worked for had drama...

Guys... we only see a very small portion of whats involved in moderation on any site you go to. Many people notice ....

That's what you have your team of moderators for. All they need to do is set up some guidelines for those. And remember that there is a special Mod forum if discussion between Devs and Mods is needed.

They have to deal with users that are pissed off for being banned from servers which isn't their fault,

no, thats Mod territory again

they have to help people find solutions to bugs they come across which again isn't their fault most of the time, and in general they have to do all of this with a smile while being insulted yet they are not allowed to talk back.... It's hard trying to stay positive when people are angry with you over things outside of your control.

well, it may be, but this a business, not a project someone does for the fun in his freetime. A certain professionalism is needed.

The people that moderate this site and any other site are usually volunteers and do this on their own free will with little to no benefits other than they get to help people. Expecting them to be perfect when in this situation is not exactly fair to them not to mention a bit much to expect out of anyone really seeing as nobody is perfect.

thing is, its known that a certain Dev does not follow the same guide lines he set up for the/his Mods. That's what we were talking about.
I, and I guess most forum regulars are very pleased with the Mods

bacon
-
(Bmxtwins) DELETED by Flame CZE : PM sent
-
([Audi TT]) DELETED by Scawen : bump
-
(Eclipsed) DELETED by Scawen : bump
This thread is closed

New Version : 0.6B
(479 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG