The online racing simulator
New Version : 0.6B
(479 posts, closed, started )
Bump, dno where to write. But Scawen, COULD YOU PLEASE! do a multicore support for the new LFS? Im getting mad when I have high fps, going on a cruise server and then the game just gives me 50-60fps instead of 200-300FPS. I feel the difference.
NO! Please I want to play the game before 2050, requests after physics are released
Quote from vistaman :and then the game just gives me 50-60fps instead of 200-300FPS. I feel the difference.

Is that really possible 200+ FPS?
Quote from vistaman :Bump, dno where to write. But Scawen, COULD YOU PLEASE! do a multicore support for the new LFS? Im getting mad when I have high fps, going on a cruise server and then the game just gives me 50-60fps instead of 200-300FPS. I feel the difference.

cap the fps
Quote from vistaman :Bump, dno where to write. But Scawen, COULD YOU PLEASE! do a multicore support for the new LFS? Im getting mad when I have high fps, going on a cruise server and then the game just gives me 50-60fps instead of 200-300FPS. I feel the difference.

50-60 FPS is still OK in my opinion.
Quote from Litro :Is that really possible 200+ FPS?

Dont remember who was, Jack i think achieve 999fps

And yes, is posible to play with 300 or 500fps on lfs with all maxed out
Quote from E.Reiljans :Hard limit of LFS is actually 6000 fps.

How the??

Did you use some sort of fps hack?

If not could you tell me ur settings plz?

ty
Quote from eddy678 :How the??

Did you use some sort of fps hack?

If not could you tell me ur settings plz?

ty

No, I just made LFS think my system clock runs 10 times slower [resulting in it bumping to the top limit, cause it was same with 20x and even 50x slower system clock].
Quote from E.Reiljans :Hard limit of LFS is actually 6000 fps.

LFS used to only display a max of 999.9 FPS (display as in the FPS display - may well of been more frames, dont know)

I'm sure you see the difference between 60 & 300 FPS on your 60 Hz screen.
Quote from Jakg :LFS used to only display a max of 999.9 FPS (display as in the FPS display - may well of been more frames, dont know)

1. Open Cheat Engine
2. Attach to LFS.exe
3. Check "Speed hack" checkbox, set to 0.1 (or even lower) when on-track
4. ??????
5. 6000 FPS
Quote from Jakg :I'm sure you see the difference between 60 & 300 FPS on your 60 Hz screen.

He may have 120 Hz one :P
FYI Scawen told it would take around a month time to code the game to use 2 cores.
Quote from E.Reiljans :1. Open Cheat Engine
2. Attach to LFS.exe
3. Check "Speed hack" checkbox, set to 0.1 (or even lower) when on-track
4. ??????
5. 6000 FPSHe may have 120 Hz one :P

In the past it was limited to 1000 / 800 / 333.3 FPS in different views - this may well of changed in different versions.
Quote from Jakg :LFS used to only display a max of 999.9 FPS (display as in the FPS display - may well of been more frames, dont know)
I'm sure you see the difference between 60 & 300 FPS on your 60 Hz screen.

75Hz but nvm.

I still hate it when the FPS drop down from high to low, it gives mili lags when its going up and down. With making a multicore support it wont happen.
Quote from vistaman :75Hz but nvm.

I still hate it when the FPS drop down from high to low, it gives mili lags when its going up and down. With making a multicore support it wont happen.

As far as I know multicore stuff is insanely hard to make. And even harder to implement in an already existing code. And at 60 frames per second the only thing that could happen would be, that the wheels don´t rotate as blurry as usual.
2nd generation i5 and i7 processors have turbo boost, redirecting power to one core. Problem solved. Go get one.

Bay.
Quote from cargame.nl :2nd generation i5 and i7 processors have turbo boost, redirecting power to one core. Problem solved. Go get one.

Bay.

FINALLY.

Thankyou.
IMO it's not only about more FPS. If we have more cores we could achive better and more accurate physic and i think it is more important than having miliard FPS insted of smooth 100 with better physic system
Quote from cargame.nl :2nd generation i5 and i7 processors have turbo boost, redirecting power to one core. Problem solved. Go get one.

Bay.

Is that a feature that needs to be enabled, or is that automatic when the graphics system is straining?
Quote from legoflamb :Is that a feature that needs to be enabled, or is that automatic when the graphics system is straining?

Automatic, unrelated to graphics system.
thanks m8
Finally tested it out; I feel like my FPS dropped; but maybe not; still having issues with TV and the connection but.. oh well.

LOOOOOVE the open tracks; something I've been wanting since the day I got S1 even! They're great to play with for sure.
This thread is closed

New Version : 0.6B
(479 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG