The online racing simulator
iRacing
(13603 posts, closed, started )
Quote from boothy :My pb is a 1:01.714. u mad?

Yes because mine is shit :| Something stupid like 1.02.1
Quote from Ball Bearing Turbo :Ahaha, wow I can't believe you even said that on this forum.

At least they do communicate, and that does show professionalism. People like you are why Scavier ceased relatively open relation with the community...

Really?

It's amazing how these iRacing zealots/fanboys blurt out comments such as these.

iRacing management misses deadlines - nothing wrong with this, "they're being professional".

iRacing puts out a new NTM with a host of features (so they say) , which should imply to anyone paying attention that the OLD Tire Model (OTM) was far from being a good product - and to fanboys it's like the Second Coming, and no worries about the OTM being what it was (well, it still is, for 90% of the cars).

I for one hope the fanboys continue to inject their mega-doses of iRacing-hype, if that's what makes them happy. But refrain from coming to other forums, post bad remarks about other simulations and other people's works (yep, some of those constantly complaining about LFS and "no evolution" or "no patches" are coming from the iRacing camp - interesting...).

Cheers
Quote from boothy :My pb is a 1:01.714. u mad?

Nope doesn't make me mad Actually this got me thinking a bit I think once the new tyre model hits the MX5 the times will more likely compress between fast and mid field than in something like the V8SC. Could make this an even more fun serries...

@ MiguelMargarido your making a lot of assumptions there mate
I am mad....either i highly suck(mostly likely the case) but i was racing the Skip Barber earlier and had some incidents but the odd thing was i didnt change anything from lap to lap yet i kept getting different results. I raged lol
But is there a lag between user input and server getting said input relating to different results?
Quote from RMachucaA :1:01.336

Is this all with the fixed setup for the current MX5 series? If so i am 9 tenths off from you and thats shocking!!!!

I must be doing something really wrong.
Quote from aoun :Is this all with the fixed setup for the current MX5 series? If so i am 9 tenths off from you and thats shocking!!!!

I must be doing something really wrong.

It would be with fixed setup, I've done 1:01:446 and some guys have got below 1:01

There's a lot of time that can be gained or lost on corners 2 & 3 as it can be taken numerous ways, also corner 6
Quote :Originally Posted by Tony Gardner
The heat/tournament racing project was a big project and driver swaps even bigger so taking lot of time to do it, very complicated because we also want to have the ability to use the driver swap/endurance feature in official series as well as hosted racing. Heat Racing should be in next build and driver swaps will not be.

Yeah about as big as writing a simple webpage/database that displays/logs information. A few hours of code to allow another player to jump into your car during a pit stop. Maybe a few hours interface work on top of that.
These features are a million miles away from being "complicated"!.
Not only that but you create it once & paste it over its not like he will have to start from scratch just to add the same feature to hosted races.

This is the biggest load of bul!sh&t i have ever read from iRacing. (Blatant Lies!) They pissed everyone off with the ntm delay. 2.0 is sounding more & more like a load of marketing B.S. & hype than actual product. I bet the ntm is not on all cars in August. They will come up with more & more excuses as they fail to deliver over & over again.

A lot of people are complaining about how they force (blackmail) you to buy extra content just so you can continue to race a car that you have already paid for. iRacing refuse to comment on this. They are so busy raking in the cash they have not updated their local road course lime rock which was resurfaced in 2008. They do not have plans to update it this year.
So a sim which claims to have the most accurate tracks (bar none) will gladly let you drive around on tracks which ceased to exist more than three years ago. Further more they dont even label them correctly.

I hope the law catches up with them. You cant sell battery eggs as free range, there are laws which protect consumers from being mislead. I have a feeling that its all about to go horribly wrong at iRacing. I for one will not be renewing or buying any new content untill they treat their customers with some respect & stop trying to rip them off.

/end rant
Hi. What is Heat racing? Thks in advance
Quote from anttt69 :/end rant

There, there... -do you want mummy to get David to share his toys with you?
Any good points Ant may have had in that post got lost in a haze of rage.
Quote from tiagolapa :Hi. What is Heat racing? Thks in advance

They are doing it for the oval guys, but you can probably rig it up for a BTCC style league as well. Basically instead of doing one race per hosted session, you could do multiple. I'm not sure how they will set it up, but that is "supposedly" how it will be done.

That was why in one of my earlier post I said that they seem to be favoring the oval side... again.

@Ant: If you didn't think it was a marketing scheme to begin with, then what did you think of it? They were claiming how realistic it was before it was even properly made, obviously they were just throwing out some mumbo jumbo to bring in more people.
Quote from Tony Gardner :To try and stop the speculation and rumors, neither are that close to being done unfortunately, again big projects and other things in this build took longer than expected like heat racing and pop-up chat so I would NOT expect endurance racing/driver swaps and uppgraded sound system anytime before the build after this 2.0 build, so we are talking about the Fall. Our apologies.

:doh::doh:
But you can now buy the Ford GT and LMP car.

Endurance cars but no endurance racing...nice.
So we wait until December if not later for the endurance racing, but don't feel bad guys, we now have pop-up chat like facebook!
Just what it needed. Easier for people to rant about how iracing makes them feel and about other drivers on a consistent and constant basis. Clean out.
Oh, something I've just read on the iR forums.

The 2 new cars (Ford GT and LMP) are going to be bundled in a series with the Vette, so you're going to need to buy that too if you don't already have it.
Quote from Bean0 :Oh, something I've just read on the iR forums.

The 2 new cars (Ford GT and LMP) are going to be bundled in a series with the Vette, so you're going to need to buy that too if you don't already have it.

yup... that's a bit shit

Thankfully, I got them free from participation credits
Quote from Bean0 :Oh, something I've just read on the iR forums.

So I assume the Ford and the Corvette will compete in the same class?
FML. One year renewal is 99 dollar, and I got 89 dollar and a 5 dollar coupon...
Quote from GreyBull [CHA] :So I assume the Ford and the Corvette will compete in the same class?

I think it's going to be the Corvette, the Ford GT and the LMP2.
Quote from StableX :I think it's going to be the Corvette, the Ford GT and the LMP2.

All in the same class?

Cant wait

This thread is closed

iRacing
(13603 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG