The online racing simulator
iRacing
(13603 posts, closed, started )
lolwat are those rookies or something
A class sadly.
There is a problem witch crap drivers getting an A licence then jumping into cars that they cant even keep on the track. wish iRacing would do something about it. So many threads about the same issues.

How about "off track + 4x contact = one compulsory TT" before you can race again?
New Tire Model updates (New Nationwide Car, iRacing 2.0)
Hi, iRacingBits has just tweeted that an update has just been posted about the New Tire Model (warning: it's not ready yet.) Can someone with an active account paste here the announcement? Url should be this http://t.co/ajtH6jO
Quote from Steve Myers :We finished up our weekly engineering meeting this morning and unfortunately we are still not ready to release the new Nationwide car, we still have some numerical instability in the new tire model when the car is not moving

The good news is that we have found and fixed about 90% of the issue that is holding us back from releasing the car. What we have found is that it's just not one piece of code that is causing the problem and have found and fixed a number of issues that have gotten us to this point.

We don't want to just slap a band aid on to this issue because we do need to find what the actual problem is or it will hurt the development of the new tire on all of the other cars. A few of the cars have a much worse reaction to this instability then the Nationwide car and they are much better now with the changes we have made.

Again, we know you are frustrated in this delay and we are working hard to get this beta version of the tire model out to you as soon as we can. I am confident that you will find the wait is worth it once you get to drive it.

Steve

Thanks DeKo. It must be recognized that iRacing is being really professional in this release.
Quote from carfetish :Thanks DeKo. It must be recognized that iRacing is being really professional in this release.

Gotta say that LFS devs are being very professional then.
Anyone spectate the DWC race last night? Some interesting stuff happened, showed a couple iR bugs, and made the field pretty pissed. Quite hilarious actually.
Quote from carfetish :Thanks DeKo. It must be recognized that iRacing is being really professional in this release.

So professional, missing the release date that they said to the community they'd have it out by
Quote from boothy :So professional, missing the release date that they said to the community they'd have it out by

Ahaha, wow I can't believe you even said that on this forum.

At least they do communicate, and that does show professionalism. People like you are why Scavier ceased relatively open relation with the community...
Quote from Ball Bearing Turbo :Ahaha, wow I can't believe you even said that on this forum.

At least they do communicate, and that does show professionalism. People like you are why Scavier ceased relatively open relation with the community...

What has any of that gotta do with Scavier?
It's the natural human reaction. When a person is for some unknown reason trapped in a corner, he must bring as many down with him as possible.
I'm not completely sure what you're talking about for certain, but all I'm saying is that this forum has been filled with a lot of negativity about Scawen's lack of communication and whatnot... then you have a developer who does at least attempt to communicate regularly, and the second they can't meet their honest plan for some reason, some dicknose is ready to jump down their throat for failing to deliver. That's exactly WHY Scavier doesn't say anything and that was my only point; not to derail the iRacing thread
Oh, this is now unstoppable.

Nah, Scawen said he doesn't do progress reports because there is nothing to report on. He wakes up, works on tires, goes to bed. This new set of test patches you see him giving us his reports like he did back before the tires were thought about. So technically, what he said is correct.

It would be unfair to give iRacing a different treatment than LFS. Afterall is has more manpower and a high financial backing, if anything it should get worse.

Of course if people didn't read into the hype so much, they wouldn't get bum-raped about it.

Hype hype hype hype hype hype hype hype hype hype.
Quote from PMD9409 :Anyone spectate the DWC race last night? Some interesting stuff happened, showed a couple iR bugs, and made the field pretty pissed. Quite hilarious actually.

What happened? I always like to have good laugh at the number of yellows they cause.
About to jump in bed so I'll try to keep this short.

A long green flag run was in the making. It looked like iR was loving it to bits too. Finally DWC didn't look like a wreckfest is probably close to what most others were thinking too. Then the inevitable happened. As green flag pit stops were happening (over 75% of the field had stopped), a caution came out. Now the leader at that moment in time was Justin Lowery. Before the pitstops there was nearly (or over) 30 cars on the lead lap. However with where the caution flew there was now only 12. When the pits opened, Justin did not come in, and it locked all those people a lap or more down. He then came in under the second lap, but iRacing does not support that. It let two cars (Ray Alfalla and Josh Berry) back onto the lead lap, but it left another 15+ a lap or more down.

So then you think, well that sucks for them, what else is there? Well... Then the 7th car (out of about 38 that are left) in line decides to come to a complete stop entering turn 1 as the green flag is going to be waved the next lap. Why? Because the iR system is telling him to let all these cars by, and its doing that for numerous cars. Drivers are yelling over the mics for people to pass, and it just turns into a cluster****. Next thing you know there is a parking lot in T1 trying to figure out where to go, and drivers getting black flags costing them another lap.

In short, it was a complete mess to what could have been the best race of the year, something iR needed badly after a few bad showings in a row on the oval side (Saw that the road side at Laguna was a bit meh too).

However, listening to drivers blame Justin for a well known iR bug was pretty hilarious (some were even talking about takin him out), and so was their rants after the race. They also were not happy with how iR dealt with it, which was by doing nothing, and claiming how it was such a great race etc instead while drivers were getting trapped a lap down and getting black flags on top of that. You'll notice about 1:46.00 into the stream that the comms don't mention it, nor switch cameras. Instead it locks onto the 6 cars that are alone about to take the green for about 15 seconds.

For more information about this topic, I suggest you log on to members.iracing.com and check it out in spam filled forum! Don't have an account? Buy one! At iracing.com today!

WTF I SAID SHORT?!!!

/bed
Trapping people a lap down is a legitimate tactic, although it obviously pisses people off, but the service glitching is shocking, and not the first time it's happened.
He pit though, and that should let the cars through. However since he did it the second lap it raped everyone.
Well that's hilarious for sure. Thanks for exhausting report.
That was lucky
Does anyone know what spotter pack Ray is using? Sounds nice.
I have a feeling that it's not a real spotter pack, iRacing doesn't have a trigger for that scenario anyway.
This thread is closed

iRacing
(13603 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG