The online racing simulator
Quote from aroX123 :I dont know if it has been noticed, but when you delete objects really fast, some random object that i didn't click on also gets deleted.

I have notised the same problem
Quote from aroX123 :I dont know if it has been noticed, but when you delete objects really fast, some random object that i didn't click on also gets deleted.

Quote from =Wolf=[NO] :I have notised the same problem

I have never heard of that. I can't reproduce it and I can't think how it could happen.

Quote from scipy :I noticed something a few days ago and dismissed it as a temporary glitch, but it happened again yesterday. When joining a server after a race had already started, LFS showed a mid-race joiner as the lead car until he has finished a lap. The scenario goes like this: mid race joiner exits the pits a few moments before I connect to a server and he's the one that LFS displays on the screen as the lead car, it also displays his laps as 2/4 - this number doesn't change when he crosses the S/F line as that's when he actually starts his lap 2.

Thanks for the description, I reproduced it. In fact the car (whose laps appear to be wrong to the connecting player) doesn't have to be a mid-race joiner, it just has to be one that has never crossed the finish line. So that could be someone leaving the pits as you described, or someone who has not yet passed the finish line since the race started. You would see this same bug if you look at the people at the back of the grid, if you joined a host a few seconds after a race start. Their race position and lap count would be wrong until they finished the first lap.

LFS thought that such cars were on the same lap as the leader but much further round the track than him.

Anyway I found some spare bits to indicate this situation (for timing purposes, before crossing the finish line, the car is in the first sector - even though its actual location is in the final sector). These bits are in an existing initialisation packet so the fix is compatible - if you join with Z32 (next patch) to a Z32 host, that bug will not appear.
morpha and avetere, yes...

It seems that this is more for drifting and cruising than for racing, though...
The wrong direction is needed for racing.
It's not necessarily required that LFS knows the right way, the drivers have to know. The layout should provide visible markers as to which direction it's supposed to be driven in, worked for years on AU and BL3.
Quote from nesrulz :morpha and avetere, yes...

It seems that this is more for drifting and cruising than for racing, though...
The wrong direction is needed for racing.

While this patch series does suit cruising and drifting, I wouldn't say it is exclusively for them. A friend and I like to build rally style special stages or gymkhanas, and the Z3x patches suit this very well.

As for the missing ideal race line and wrong way flags, these cannot possibly be known for all of the combinations that are now available. The AI cannot use open configs either, the paths are just simply not there. As morpha says, it is really up to the driver to know the correct direction.
Hi all,

im reproduce an old bug to leave the BL1-Track:

in first corner: simply use the inner-kerbs as a small ramp and the following tire wall give me a spin-jump...

it's normal or a bug?

(Z31 Patch)
Attached files
MBT ^Cìä^G÷_BL1_XFG.spr - 36.6 KB - 395 views
Quote from morpha :It's not necessarily required that LFS knows the right way, the drivers have to know. The layout should provide visible markers as to which direction it's supposed to be driven in, worked for years on AU and BL3.

OK, go back on AU/BL3 and have a nice race.

Who understands the needs of the reason for the wrong direction (in racing) will understand.

o/
While I was watching mbt_dj's replay, I discovered a little bug in follow car feature in SHIFT+U mode in replays. When I follow a car in a replay and go frame by frame forward by pressing the > key, everything is OK but when I rewind frame by frame by pressing the < key (or just by moving the slider), the view stops following the car and moves somewhere else on the map.

In Z28, the view also stops following the selected car but it stays in the same place. It would actually be good if it was possible to keep following the car after pressing <. I don't know if it's easy though.

Edit: Never mind, not a bug, thanks to Squelch for the explanation.
Quote from nesrulz :OK, go back on AU/BL3 and have a nice race.

Who understands the needs of the reason for the wrong direction (in racing) will understand.

I understand perfectly why PEOPLE need to know which way to go, but there is no reason LFS has to know. Who do you normally race with that you're so overly concerned with whether or not a message is shown to anyone who goes the wrong way? You're not supposed to ever see that message in the first place.
Quote from Flame CZE :While I was looking at mbt_dj's replay, I discovered a little bug in follow car feature in SHIFT+U mode in replays. When I follow a car in a replay and go frame by frame forward by pressing the > key, everything is OK but when I rewind frame by frame by pressing the < key, the view stops following the car and moves somewhere else on the map.

In Z28, the view also stops following the selected car but it stays in the same place. It would actually be good if it was possible to keep following the car after pressing <. I don't know if it's easy though.

yes, if you use a backstep or klick on other past replay point the car focus is lost and move you to finish line. (not the car)

good bug hunting
Quote from morpha :I understand perfectly why PEOPLE need to know which way to go, but there is no reason LFS has to know. Who do you normally race with that you're so overly concerned with whether or not a message is shown to anyone who goes the wrong way? You're not supposed to ever see that message in the first place.

The arrow when leaving pits would be useful though.
We have had the case where a midrace joiner left the pits the wrong way, and only realised when the pack came heading towards them at speed. We've amended the layout with signs in front of the pitboxes now, but I suppose this would then not be checked as a 'valid extra layout' for Airio lap checking purposes because of the extra objects.

Surely choosing X or Y dictates which way the start/finish straight should be travelled, and also the pitlane as it is usually parallel to the start/finish ?
The pitlane direction indicator seems reasonably simple, that's the only stretch of track that's guaranteed to be one-way in race configurations. I still don't see anything wrong with these guys though:
Attached images
signs.jpg
Quote from Scawen :Optimised transparent objects (e.g. fences) to help open configs

Does this means smoke will be finally visible thru fences? :P
OMG, we need server penalty for wrong way! In racing. Because people drive races. People like to break the rules. And this is the basic rule.
ZOMG then I assume you'll be the one helping to make the .pth files for each configuration?
Quote from boothy :ZOMG then I assume you'll be the one helping to make the .pth files for each configuration?

Hm...
Quote from nesrulz :OMG, we need server penalty for wrong way! In racing. Because people drive races. People like to break the rules. And this is the basic rule.

/autokick=no / kick / ban / spec
Quote from Flame CZE :/autokick=no / kick / ban / spec

Yes.

// no/kick/ban/spec: wrong way drivers
/autokick=ban

Quote from nesrulz :Yes.

/autokick=ban

Oh I see, I thought you were requesting that feature at first. Well, yes but I think EQ Worry will make that feature since he made the PTH files for the "official" open tracks.
Quote from Flame CZE :Oh I see, I thought you were requesting that feature at first.

/autokick=ban

This is from my LFS DEDI Z28.

I'm asking for (server) wrong way in open conf.
Quote from nesrulz :
/autokick=ban

This is from LFS DEDI Z28.

I reguesting wrong way in open conf.

I mean, by this: "OMG, we need server penalty for wrong way!" I thought you didn't know it was already implemented. Too much off topic now from us, sorry :/
EQ Worry if not otherwise, I hope.
Quote from mbt_dj :
it's normal or a bug?

I would say that while it appears abnormal, it is a result of how those tyres collision faces are made. (no collision faces on the ends perhaps?) They would not normally be expected to be hit from above, and in your replay one of the blue stacks is pushed through the track. This extreme camera angle shows it nicely.
I think it is this that makes your car flip like that.

Quote from Flame CZE :In Z28, the view also stops following the selected car but it stays in the same place. It would actually be good if it was possible to keep following the car after pressing <. I don't know if it's easy though.

I noticed the same. It seems whenever the replay has to start from the beginning ie back step, that the follow cam is reset.
Attached images
Tyrepush.PNG
To confirm, the bug where if you delete objects at a seriously fast rate, sometimes (VERY Rarely) a object far away for example at the other side of autocross can get deleted, its been doing that for as long as iv played lfs, but its very very rare isnt a issue, but if it happens to me ill save rep and post it here.
Quote from Scawen :After the official patch is released I will be back working on the tyre physics.
When the tyre physics is done it should not be long to the Scirocco.
Hopefully not long to some S3 content after that...

But... please ignore me when I say "soon" or "not long". That's just the belief in my mind that keeps me optimistic and on the case. It always takes much longer than I expect.

Thanks, but what i wanted to know was how far the tyre physics are off, cause unless i know that the other info is useless Although you probably did that on purpose.
This thread is closed

Test Patch Z30 (NOW Z34 - old content / old physics / many updates)
(1442 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG