The online racing simulator
Scawen
When you are in cockpit and adjusting FOV by keys 5/6, information about current FOV shows always only main screen FOV angle. If you have defined side screens, it should show overal FOV angle, or maybe both: " FOV 75° (main: 28°)"
i drived yday races in z30 host and those races not show on lfsword online race results yes there was layout but still that would be nice to show there
z31 ?
yes z31 in z30 host but not in offical track
Quote from kutu :is it possible to add FullScreen+Windowed mode as well as in StarCraft2

its like a window but on fullscreen and without window border

good for custom gauges developers, who want to see own gauges over the lfs, but still driving in fullscreen mode

and good for streamers, but need extra feature is no turn off sound if LFS not in focus

Shift F4 toggles fullscreen/window

I've not got to test it (yet), but I've a question about open layouts. Is it possible to (for instance) use AS1 start with a grid but AS2 pits or not? If not would it be simple to add?
When will led to compliance with G27 ?
Why are there a shadow?
Patch z31
Attached images
LFS 2011-04-29 19-25-43-92.jpg
Quote from DieKolkrabe :I've not got to test it (yet), but I've a question about open layouts. Is it possible to (for instance) use AS1 start with a grid but AS2 pits or not? If not would it be simple to add?

No, that is not possible and it's not easy to add. You choose start grid / pits / start lights together as a set.

Quote from alpis :When will led to compliance with G27 ?

I'm not sure what you mean, are you talking about the lights? I'm not going to support the red lights with this patch. Apart from that, the G27 should work well with LFS.

Quote from [Audi TT] :Why are there a shadow?
Patch z31

It looks like some points were detected as being in shadow. This kind of error can bee seen in many places in LFS. I hope to make a new rendering system one day, that can make accurate shadows under objects, unlike this system we use now, which often misses shadows where there should be, and puts shadows where there shouldn't be one. But that is not the subject of this patch.
can u add an option to set XRT steering lock to 56 degrees max ?
Quote from Mille Sabords :Collision with the "soft" wall seems spot on at first, then there is a second collision detected mid air and the car flies.

Is that due to the new collision detection with walls?

No, I think that would have been the same with the old version. Watching frame by frame with forces mode on, I see that that front left wheel that has penetrated the wall, is (between the first and second collisions) too deep (downwards) into the wall to detect the top surface. But at some point, the wheel is high enough to detect that top surface. It thinks it is very deep into the object at that point and must provide a great upward force. You can see the extreme tyre deformation at that moment that the "second collision" occurs.

That's not realistic, but it's what is happening, and the contact detection is actually working as designed in that replay.
Quote from Udris1992 :can u add an option to set XRT steering lock to 56 degrees max ?

No, I'm sorry but that would start to make things complicated. I can't really take any off topic requests now. I'm just trying to get the patch finished. There are still a lot of things on my lists (6 pieces of paper beside me here) that will keep me busy for at least a week or two. I don't want to add anything, I just want to get the official patch out with its related updates.
Do those pieces of paper make part of this official patch or is it for another milestone?
How do you not understand. The more bugs you find, the more stable is the patch.
Sure. So he can spends next 3 years with fixing bugs.
Quote from Dygear :While we are on the subject of FPS ...
Funny story. This is my first time using Windows 7, I've never used Windows Vista and so I am not used the the quirks of the system. As I reported I was playing LFS on my new Sandy Bridge on S2 content servers as I had unlocked my account. Well, as I had installed LFS into my Program Files (x86) directory it requires that you run as administrator in order to save the unlocked state. How insane is that? Also, if you don't run as administrator you get a black screen on start up! That's just silly!

Windows 7 is very strange about what processes it allows to write to either of the Program Files directories. It seems to only allow Setup programs of some type to do that. After that, it disallows anything else to write there programatically. iRacing has massive problems with this with regards to its updates and their tech support is clueless about how to fix it.

For most Windows 7 users, it is best if you create your LFS Program directory outside of the Program Files directory. Then, you'll have control and things like the unlock and updates can write to the directory with no trouble and you won't have to "run as Administrator".

Quote from Scawen :
That should only happen if a single autocross start position is placed.

Ah, very good. I had put a start position in thinking it was needed for an open layout. Thanks for answering.
Thanks for all your hard work, Scawen! I've yet to find anymore unreported bugs with z31 and the skidmark fix is working awesomely and not hurting the FPS in my crappy lappy.
Quote from Scawen :No, that is not possible and it's not easy to add. You choose start grid / pits / start lights together as a set.

Ahh I thought that the three were separate things, good to know
yeah!) thx, stable barriers) but again i dont see many textures in game, i have GeForce GTX 580
Quote from Hallen :Windows 7 is very strange about what processes it allows to write to either of the Program Files directories. It seems to only allow Setup programs of some type to do that. After that, it disallows anything else to write there programatically. iRacing has massive problems with this with regards to its updates and their tech support is clueless about how to fix it.

It's not strange, it's actually a sound and simple concept. Point the tech support (and tell them to pass it on to the developers) to http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa905330.aspx and they shall not be clueless any longer.
Quote from morpha :It's not strange, it's actually a sound and simple concept. Point the tech support (and tell them to pass it on to the developers) to http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa905330.aspx and they shall not be clueless any longer.

Thanks for the link. And just so we're on the same page, all the User Account Control stuff that can be turned off is turned off on my machine. It's still best to put programs like LFS outside of the Program Files directory.
It is strange with regards to other versions of Windows though. That's why I used that word.
Quote from Scawen :No, I think that would have been the same with the old version. Watching frame by frame with forces mode on, I see that that front left wheel that has penetrated the wall, is (between the first and second collisions) too deep (downwards) into the wall to detect the top surface. But at some point, the wheel is high enough to detect that top surface. It thinks it is very deep into the object at that point and must provide a great upward force. You can see the extreme tyre deformation at that moment that the "second collision" occurs.

That's not realistic, but it's what is happening, and the contact detection is actually working as designed in that replay.

I've been "studying" the new collision system on BL1: I've always enjoyed flying into the air in the straight by hitting the banners. I tried doing it in Z30 and Z31 too (20+ times) to compare the car's reaction.
Here's my conclusion: the car seems to fly less, but still does. Watching the replay at x0.25 speed, I can see the car going right through the banner before being ejected (mostly with the tyre being extremely deformed).
Which leads to a little question: could this issue be solved by increasing the frequency of collision checks?

And on a little offtopic: when you drive on multiple ramp1 objects, the tyre tends to "fall" in the small gaps between the ramps, and makes the car jump (even with Z31). Will this be fixed in the physics update? (as well as unrealistic tyres bounces after a jump)
I've made a server for Z31 if anyone wants to test it out, [SR] Z31 Racing.

Everything works as said, with race positions and tyre rubber
Those things you mention are regulated on the client side but OK
Alright.

On FernBay X/Y the little "Loop Road" near the beachy area with that really hard to get out off stick sand, The loop road to the right of that (Or left) that goes up the hill and back down does not appear on the map. It just looks like someone is driving through thin air :P
This thread is closed

Test Patch Z30 (NOW Z34 - old content / old physics / many updates)
(1442 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG