The online racing simulator
Quote from DeKo :Charlotte is a pretty good place to debut, I think. From my experience in iRacing, and from what Kyle Busch has said, in the COT and NW car it's pretty tricky, but in the Truck it's full throttle all the way round, at least for the first 20 - 30 laps. Raikkonen is throwing himself in at the deep end, but I reckon he will have what it takes. The biggest thing for him to work on is the race craft, there is no doubt he has the car control needed to muscle these round a track, but the race craft is completely different to anything he's experienced before.

The people who bash Nascar have obviously never watched a race properly and do not understand how difficult the big heavy cars with too much power and no downforce are to get round a track. On the flip side, Nascar fans who bash F1 have obviously got no idea how demanding it is to drive the fastest race cars in the world, and do not understand just how they are the technically right at the pinnacle of motorsport. It's swings and roundabouts, and both sets of people should be ignored. Real motorsport fans would see how good the racing is in both series, despite being vastly different.

I think F1 could learn a little from Nascar, cars which are overpowered almost always produce fantastic racing.

Good post ^

Today'll probably be a pretty good battle between Johnson, K. Busch and Hamlin if pit strategy doesn't come into play.
Damn, I thought that was Jr's. At least he's proving that he is a frontrunner, seems a lot of people have been doubting he has the talent, this should help that a little.
Damnit JR.....
Good race!

My fantasy points shot up dramatically when Jr got up there. So I'm happy eventhough he didn't win.
I sort of wished JR would have won, but I will never complain when the quality of racing is as good as what it was today. I honestly think that the racing this year has been the best that I've ever seen
Having only really properly started watching Nascar this year, I have to say that the racing has been absolutely fantastic.
It's nice to see non-Americans enjoying NASCAR. People never give it a chance, the second they hear that I like NASCAR, the first thing they say is: "You like watching cars driving in circles all the time?" Probably the most annoying thing ever.

So to all of you European NASCAR fans, I salute you for being open to this great motorsport!
We (UK) need good, non-paying coverage however
Quote from SidiousX :It's nice to see non-Americans enjoying NASCAR. People never give it a chance, the second they hear that I like NASCAR, the first thing they say is: "You like watching cars driving in circles all the time?" Probably the most annoying thing ever.

So to all of you European NASCAR fans, I salute you for being open to this great motorsport!

I must agree.

We need to send American coverage of the races to the UK via webcast or something
im getting my £7 a month's worth from premier sports. coverage has been ace!! with no adverts!!!
Wish I could get Premier Sports, would be great if it was available on TopupTV freeview thing, ah well.
Dont forget that it's s night race Saturday night guys... European fans will not like the time of the race I'm sure, but this Ameican finds it most conveniant
I think we all failed by not picking Kenseth.
hahaha, yeah.. I know I didn't. Martin crashed. I'm just waiting for the excitment that is likely to happen towards the end :P (if the last 2 races mean anything)
Bayne's in hospital
From a tick bite, I'm sure he will be fine and fit for 'Dega.

Only half watched the race last night lying in my bed, the night races might be good for the US but they're terrible for Europe. Was a pretty good race though, I forgot to change my fantasy drivers beforehand but I seem to have done allright, and am now leading the league overall .
There I was hoping he'd be Bayneman
Dega being next means "luck of the draw" for our fantasy league.
Great.

I got a feeling I'll pick 5 worst
Can't believe Tony killed himself with that speeding penalty at the end of the race. He's missed so many opportunities already this year.

I'm not even all that excited about Talladega either, I'm not a huge fan of the 2 car draft. We'll see how the race goes though. I'd say Junior might be due for a win this weekend.
Been happy for Jr lately, apparantly this "switch" in HMS is actually showing the interesting difference in workers/equipment.

And Tony had that, I was calculating out when they were saying he couldn't make it all the way (with like 75 to go) and I had him making it by 1 lap (if he could go 58 laps both stints, which he could) and he would have won by 2 seconds (if running .4 consistantly slower than Kenseth).

Shot himself in the foot, again. I must say I loved the strategy though.
I was swearing at the TV when they went with that strategy, figured there was no way it was going to stay green the entire time and I was just waiting for Tony to get screwed by a caution flag. Never figured it would be his own mistake that cost him.
I'm pretty much hoping that the 2 car tango is less prevalent at Dega. I mean, last year a couple of people could break away in a 2 car draft, but it didn't work anywhere near as well as it did at Daytona this year. Since Dega has more banking and less grip, it's harder to stay hooked onto the other cars bumper, so it should be better than Daytona.

I also hope the weather is absolutely boiling, should make them have to swap constantly so they don't blow an engine. In Daytona it was pretty cool (about 15 - 20 degrees from what I can find), whereas at Talladega this weekend it's forecast to be about 30 degrees, which should go a long way to get rid of the 2 car hookup.
Current forecast for Talladega is about the same temperature as Daytona was in February so I don't think we'll see a huge difference there. You're right though hopefully it should be harder to be stuck together lap after lap at Talladega due to the slightly older pavement.
bug bite

Quote :"Trevor has been treated and released from the hospital and is fine to continue with his daily activities — including driving a race car," said Roush Fenway president Steve Newmark. "Doctors are still waiting for the test results to determine for sure what caused the reaction, but Trevor has been treated, is at home and he is doing fine."

2011 NASCAR Season
(1062 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG