The online racing simulator
What do you want me to do? Give you a date in 3 weeks time, And if its fixed early, Wait to put it back up?. Or would you rather i plan something A.S.A.P and update you if / when it gets delayed....

Regards,
Dean
For those who have paid for webhosting / TS service, They will have credit added.

Ther will also be credit added for those affected on the 205 server.

Anybody else will unfortunately not be given any compensation, As their paid services have been operating as normal.
Pls Dean, do remember that we at SRLA have had the servers running in GBR for several months during the past year (and of course this one), and we hired your services because we needed an USA based solution for our league.

Hope that's taken into account and you compensate all the time the servers were not in USA during last year.
Quote from Koa128 :Pls Dean, do remember that we at SRLA have had the servers running in GBR for several months during the past year (and of course this one), and we hired your services because we needed an USA based solution for our league.

Hope that's taken into account and you compensate all the time the servers were not in USA during last year.

Yours is a seperate issue and will be dealt with accordingly.
Dean,

Your services have always been great. Computers are computers and you can't always control what happens. Keep up the good work. When the webservers are back up online, I will be upgrading my services with you, as I know things happen that are out of a humans control. You have always gone above and beyond for some the side things you have done for me years ago with a webserver and its appreciated. I know you are working hard on this issue and if you could you would have had it working.

Thanks again

Jim
Quote from jvalley201 :Dean,

Your services have always been great. Computers are computers and you can't always control what happens. Keep up the good work. When the webservers are back up online, I will be upgrading my services with you, as I know things happen that are out of a humans control. You have always gone above and beyond for some the side things you have done for me years ago with a webserver and its appreciated. I know you are working hard on this issue and if you could you would have had it working.

Thanks again

Jim

Jim, I dont think you realise just how good that post makes me feel. You should be a stress councillor.

Thank You
If you knew my REAL job you would find i have plenty of experience in things going wrong and how Sh**ty it feels when you have no control of situations. (especially computer issues) When we know people are making honest efforts their is no reason to put them down. Customers are #1 but they have to understand that everything is being done to resolve the issue. I have a huge $$$ investment along with my partners on the website that is down. However i have made temporary adjustments to overcome the some of the pain. With that its ok because some people have to understand what it takes to run the servers you do and the stress you have when they go down and everyone is down your throat. Any other server company is faced with major issues. The grass is not always greener on the otherside. Ok im done. Take care and hopefully take some time off when this is resolved.
Very well said Jim, +1 to that.

We trust in Dean despite all the difficult situations he had been running into while trying to regain control over the services. Keep it up mate, we all know everything it's gonna be sorted out and back to normal operation.
Thanks guys.

I Will give another update shortly.
Update: Managed to retrieve all the data from the old drive now, Sticking it all on the new drive now. So one by one sites should start to come back online over the next few hours.
alot of corrupt files from the old drive. im going to use the original backup and just copy over the current databases so forums etc are up to date. sorry its taking a long time guys. dong this as quick as i can.
Quick update, As the backup is not in the same Datacenter it is taking some time to upload to the server, Please bare with me.

Thanks,
Regards,
Dean
Hi Dean,

As we manage our own DNS, does the server has the same IP?

Ken
Hi KayJay,

Yes it has the same IP's

129gb transferred, 45 gig to go
Wow, that's a lot of data there. Good luck with that, I hope that I can use my cron jobs for stats again
Hi ,

Cant connect to servers on CP status 'unknown'

Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

works again .
Just to check is the outstanding issues affecting the name servers?
I cant get onto the 500servers website or my website, the DNS isnt resolving to an IP
My website is hosted on .204 (unless I have been moved)

Cheers

G
Quote from franky500 :Hi KayJay,

Yes it has the same IP's

129gb transferred, 45 gig to go

Thanks Dean.
Quote from gandlers :Just to check is the outstanding issues affecting the name servers?
I cant get onto the 500servers website or my website, the DNS isnt resolving to an IP
My website is hosted on .204 (unless I have been moved)

Cheers

G

Yep,

They will be up when the rest is up,

Last couple of gigs transfering over now, (15 minutes remaining). Will just need to do some configurations and then it will be running.
Cheers Dean,

just wanted to check that it wasnt a problem at my end.

Keep up the good work

G
Redline
Quote :Yep,

They will be up when the rest is up,

Last couple of gigs transfering over now, (15 minutes remaining). Will just need to do some configurations and then it will be running.

Does that include the Redline racing forums too?
nope as you see... still offline
mine is up but... its a realy old version of the site (only thing the same is the index but the wordpress sites arent up) and all the stuff I did before the downtime is gone no cpanel access to webservice either
Not finished yet guys.
Recieving internal service errors on my wordpress sites not acess to admin panel.. just fyi
This thread is closed

500servers.com Support Thread
(2865 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG