The online racing simulator
all my servers down
Quote from z-ro 8 :Highly uneccessary comment.

Your location rather says it all describing your limited intelligence.
Quote from g7usl :Your location rather says it all describing your limited intelligence.

Your location makes it seem all the more that you are a cock, seen as you can't blame your intelligence
Quote from g7usl :Your location rather says it all describing your limited intelligence.

Higly necessary comment.
Halley's Comet?
B2R S2 server is down along with IHR , ConeDodgers and Redline 1 Must have been a big problem somewhere
Everything is DOWN and proberly will be untill tommorow morning.
-
(jasonmatthews) DELETED by jasonmatthews
Yep, web and emails are down for me. Yay.

What's the trouble Franky?
Quote from Bob Smith :Yep, web and emails are down for me. Yay.

What's the trouble Franky?

Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

and

Could not connect to TeamSpeak Server: Could not connect to server

I pay for this... I expect better...
Quote from Bmxtwins :Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

and

Could not connect to TeamSpeak Server: Could not connect to server

I pay for this... I expect better...

Exactly...
Got an big probelm to with my friends server...

I cant can start reinstall the servers just shows me up some errors

im a bit disapointed...

Sorry for bad english ^^
GRGRGRGRGR

Server down now over more then 6 hours..Was on it when it happened !
time out, try to reconnect .. server not online

now if I login into my console I get an UNKNOWN status on the servers, when I try to start them I get

Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

If i try to see the config file I get

Could not create File Manager Plugin.

file manager also does not work .. getting :

Server Error in '/' Application.

Oh yes http://www.500servers.com is down to !!!
Luckily I was able to fill in a ticket before it went completely down...
Unless they did not see it ...

I hope they can get it online today ..We have racing day here !!!
All my service are down.

This is the 4th or 5th time that it happens in 1 year.

I'm very disappointed about this bad kind of service.

I'm lucky because my service will finish at december, so i'll buy one year server from this guys: http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?t=69056

The server i think it will be the same, but i'll spent the half ...
Yes, all of the 500servers network appears to be down. This includes customer Webhosting, their own website and all of the game servers.

500control.co.uk still works as it appears to be on a different network and uses different name servers.

Now you can bitch and gripe about this, but you get what you pay for. If you want a service that will never experience problems you need to get real. The internet is built on hardware and bandwidth that is both very expensive and will sometimes go faulty. Equipment and connections can and will develop faults, to build a network that is fully resilient requires at least twice the hardware and bandwidth. This means that to do this the network will be twice as expensive and cost twice as much to run and maintain. In order to sustain this business someone has to pay for the extra hardware and interenet bandwidth, that will be us the customers. The cost of server rental will be significantly higher, then you will bitch about price...

Im sure it is well known within 500servers that there is something major causing network wide problems, they are more than likely dealing with it, but as it happened at the weekend, there will be fewer people available to work on resolving this, and they may not even be able to get replacement hardware until Monday.

Yeah this isnt great, my website has been down since yesterday tea time, the LFS servers I have admin rights on are all down and I am forced to use other server full of halfwits and crashers.

Posting the same messages over and over moaning that stuff being down and it is unacceptable isnt helping and will do nothing to expedite the resolution of this problem.
Quote from gandlers :The internet is built on hardware and bandwidth that is both very expensive and will sometimes go faulty.

Well.. It's quite OK these days... But it seems that this is depending on Windows and then you are asking for trouble yes
I'm sorry, but Cisco hardware is still and always will be exorbitantly expensive. Now that isn't to say that there aren't other vendors, but the majority will use Cisco.
The problems that 500servers are experiencing appear to be network related rather than server related, so the choice of operating system is somewhat irrelavant. Although yes, Windoze is garbage, but if you want to play games on your PC and not have to fight with emulators on Linux there isnt really much choice is there. (And consoles really isnt an option!)
Quote from (The Stig) : Exactly...

Stig this isnt your buisness, if you own a server here fine, but your just an annoying troll
#745 - CSF
Twin attack powwaaah!
Quote from gandlers :Yes, all of the 500servers network appears to be down. This includes customer Webhosting, their own website and all of the game servers.

500control.co.uk still works as it appears to be on a different network and uses different name servers.

Now you can bitch and gripe about this, but you get what you pay for. If you want a service that will never experience problems you need to get real. The internet is built on hardware and bandwidth that is both very expensive and will sometimes go faulty. Equipment and connections can and will develop faults, to build a network that is fully resilient requires at least twice the hardware and bandwidth. This means that to do this the network will be twice as expensive and cost twice as much to run and maintain. In order to sustain this business someone has to pay for the extra hardware and interenet bandwidth, that will be us the customers. The cost of server rental will be significantly higher, then you will bitch about price...

Im sure it is well known within 500servers that there is something major causing network wide problems, they are more than likely dealing with it, but as it happened at the weekend, there will be fewer people available to work on resolving this, and they may not even be able to get replacement hardware until Monday.

Yeah this isnt great, my website has been down since yesterday tea time, the LFS servers I have admin rights on are all down and I am forced to use other server full of halfwits and crashers.

Posting the same messages over and over moaning that stuff being down and it is unacceptable isnt helping and will do nothing to expedite the resolution of this problem.

Agree with you but some sort of announcement (from 500 servers) regarding the situation would go along way And thats why people start to bitch about it. And rightly so imo
Anyone know what is happening? Where's Dean?
He's heading to the bank.

---

JK i heard he has long days so :/
I think the lack of communication is the worst problem. Faults can and will happen; I accept this. I would just like to a) know what's going wrong and b) every effort is being put in to resolve the issue(s). If he's stuck waiting on a third party, then it's best to say, then nobody is bitching at him anymore.
Quote from gandlers :Yes, all of the 500servers network appears to be down. This includes customer Webhosting, their own website and all of the game servers.

Your explanation although sensible does tend to rather miss the point

Paying customers have a right to complain. What makes things worse though is the fact that 'Franky aka Dean' can't be bothered to come here to actually explain the reasons for the downtime and to give us some idea as to how long to expect this to continue. This lack of communication only leads to further dissapointment.
If he is interested in continuing his business he should come here and explain, at the very least, he alone owes us this.
This thread is closed

500servers.com Support Thread
(2865 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG