The online racing simulator
Quote from Crady :what should I say?

- website is down
- 4 of 8 servers are down
- I only can see that 4 servers that are down with "unknown" in CP
- I can´t access our Airio install to enter the new IPs...

business as usual?

Quote : I'm not sure if Franky still has his boxes with the same people that he used to, however if he does the DC that they're hosted in are currently experiencing power issues.

Please read.

Thanks
I assume I'm right then

My perspective on the problem is that the fire alarms were tripped on the UPS floor. Power was suspended and the fire department called. I've been told that 3 out of the 5 UPS' failed to take the load, resulting in the loss of power to the data floors. Generators kicked in later. There was probably a good 30 minutes-1 hour of downtime going by my own boxes.

The UPS manufacturer is/was on-site and I believe they've diagnosed 1 of the UPS' as having a fault. Smoke from that UPS caused the fire alarm to trip.

They may still be on generator power, but I've not had anyone confirm that. I don't know any more than that.

Long and short, it wasn't the fault of 500servers. A lot of businesses were affected by this, a lot more pissed off than you guys. Trust me.
Well thats odd, My boxes dont seem to have all come back on now, my backup machine is up but webservers still down.

Cheers for stepping in though T_A_A, Glad to see you about
Any thoughts of when it might come back.. we are in the middle of selling tickets for a concert and sponsorship, everyday is vital

Thanks your service has always been great.

thanks
Jim
Well apparently everything should be back up by now, Have got a ticket in with the DC to look into it, So hopefully very soon.
hey Dean any ETA on webhost?
Correct me if I'm wrong, our servers will be again at USA as soon as the machines go back online, right?

At the moment, our servers are at UK

IP Address:
Hostname: vsuk1.hostvibe.co.uk
IP Country: United Kingdom
IP Country Code: GBR
IP Continent: Europe
Organization: Connexions4London Ltd
ISP Provider: Connexions4London Ltd

Quote from franky500 :Well apparently everything should be back up by now, Have got a ticket in with the DC to look into it, So hopefully very soon.

doesnt seem to be
Well somethings going on, Because according to the guys at the DC everythings UP.

Will have to divert and go to the Datacnter on my way home from work. Will try to update when im there, If not i will update when i get home.

Regards,
Dean
Game cP still down,
all servers (for me) down,
teamspeak3 down.

Beat em up dean
Quote from Koa128 :Correct me if I'm wrong, our servers will be again at USA as soon as the machines go back online, right?

Is this right Dean? We want our servers at US, not GBR
Dont worry BMXTwins, I will thrash them,

@Koa, Yes thats right, Your servers will be in the USA as soon as this is all resolved..

About to leave work now, And will be at the DC in about 1 1/2 hours.
CP is now offline for several days AGAIN !!!
I can not control LFS LAPPER
and During the race (oval track ) EVERY racer reports a good split AND a good lap!!
In a race where the rule says that chat is NOT allowed. !!

I think and hope they are trying to fix this .. but this is taking to much time !!
We expect a lot more service from a service that is no longer the cheapest out there for less to offer and WAY to much problems and off-time !

They will have to come up with very fast results and a good offer to keep me on the on 500 server.

Also the channel to report something is not working. Ticket service gives errors to ..

SOLVE IT NOW PLEASE AND AT LEAST GIVE US INPUT.. We only get mails on moving this , moving that .... maybe next time give us a backup plan?

It should be no problem to rent an temp server during the move. So we clients at least would not have to deal with all those problems !

I had a lot of patience but sorry guys .. I want to deliver quality at the league but I can't !!! This is hurting the league and the number of members ! Action please !!
hey dean, Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
doing that error probably just bcause those boxes havent been started yet I assume
edit: also appears my website is F***D up, only 2 pages are reachable and the rest are not http://drunk.gt3tcc.500servers.net/index/ there are 2 sites linked to that index
Sites were up 5 mins ago but web services seem down again now?

Emails can be received again though...
Quote from hanzime :*snip*

Read the previous posts on this page, they explain quite well what went on to cause the most recent TCAdmin outage - not really 500servers fault that UPS's sometimes die now, is it ?
hmm..

- website still down
- all 8 servers are online, but I only can see 4 in CP
- I cannot see and manage Airio from CP since it is not listed yet - so our servers are running un-managed atm (was not able to enter the new IPs/prots yet)
- I guess it´s bettter not to ask, when the new Airio update (2.5.3) will be available .... the older update (2.5.2) still is not available...
Quote from dekojester :not really 500servers fault that UPS's sometimes die now, is it ?

Correct. But that was for an hour or two. It's now been 24 hours since my site went down and the site for my friends business (which I host on Franky's package), which currently (like me) has no email access and he's sat at home waiting for jobs to come in so he can earn money to pay his bills. We're going to migrate his business site to a more reliable server as soon as things are back up because he can't afford downtime of this magnitude.

I could login via FTP last night but that's down again too, so an update on the situation would certainly not go amiss.
Franky,

TCA is down for my '208' server.
Quote from Bob Smith :Correct. But that was for an hour or two. It's now been 24 hours since my site went down and the site for my friends business (which I host on Franky's package), which currently (like me) has no email access and he's sat at home waiting for jobs to come in so he can earn money to pay his bills. We're going to migrate his business site to a more reliable server as soon as things are back up because he can't afford downtime of this magnitude.

I could login via FTP last night but that's down again too, so an update on the situation would certainly not go amiss.

Start paying for hosting to gain the right to complain please. Why do people feel the right to demand something for free when they are making money from it?. Sorry if i sound like an arsehole but i just could not let it slip this time.

The Webserver has got a software issue on it since the power outage, Seems to be corruption, Am backing up all data and going to rebuild the O/S.

@Crady / G7USL. All servers are online, The CP is not listing .208 servers currently, but will be listed on the Control panel shortly.
Quote from Crady :hmm..
- I guess it´s bettter not to ask, when the new Airio update (2.5.3) will be available .... the older update (2.5.2) still is not available...

I think EQ Worry waits for a week or so before sending the latest Airio version to Dean, incase of bugs. Apparently the 2.5.2 update has been sent, yet (as you say) is not available on the CP.
Quote from franky500 :Start paying for hosting to gain the right to complain please. Why do people feel the right to demand something for free when they are making money from it?. Sorry if i sound like an arsehole but i just could not let it slip this time.

I know we don't have a formal arrangement but I have paid you money on more than one occasion for your services. I am happy to agree to something more formal, but that is up to you. I don't charge my friend to host the little website I made for his business, so don't think I'm making any money from this, I'm helping him out in the same way you help me out by giving me webspace.

Perhaps it was our mistake for his livelihood to be so reliant on services with such an informal arrangement.

Quote from franky500 :The Webserver has got a software issue on it since the power outage, Seems to be corruption, Am backing up all data and going to rebuild the O/S.

Thanks for the update, I do still appreciate your efforts. I can't complain so long as you are attending the situation, I appreciate these things happen and you're not some large company with mass redundancy waiting in place.
Thanks for the update Dean.. Things happen that are out of your control.. Thanks for the hard work on getting everyone back.
Quote from dekojester :Read the previous posts on this page, they explain quite well what went on to cause the most recent TCAdmin outage - not really 500servers fault that UPS's sometimes die now, is it ?

Ok maybe this time it is not the fault of 500servers.. But you can't deny we have had a lot, I repeat, a lot of problems in the last year.

CP has been more off, then on, last year in my case!!

THE biggest problem I have is : NO COMMUNICATION or at least not enough.

It is not up to us as customers to search on forums and website to find out what there is going on !!! The customer is king and it's about time we are treated that way.

You could say: the time that he is busy answering tickets and writing customer mails, he is not busy fixing the problem... Correct .. But as I read on this forum, he did had the time to send pm to others.

The feeling I have is that he wants to do it all by him self.. he URGENTLY needs to pay someone to do his administrative job so he can occupy the technical issues. Does not have to be a full time job. But in days like this, this would mean a hell of a difference instead of playing dead people.

My oldest OPEN and HIGH ticket is from 13 February.. 2 followed.. NONE of them was answered. So I can't be blamed I'm not patiently...
EVERYTHING is working for me here. Except teamspeak server. Very happy man I am
This thread is closed

500servers.com Support Thread
(2865 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG